Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Nodin wrote: »
    Hes there to sing the star trek music for the fight.

Wish I could thank this twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭danbrosnan

It to be over. It's like bouncers, if you think they're there for your safety you're sorely mistaken.

What you expect him to do?? it obvious that he will be outnumbered and event staff are on very little money, minimum wage i would say, he is not security...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I wasnt aware of that, there should be more security and garda presence at these things.

Or the Hells Angels

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

token101 wrote: »
    Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I wasnt aware of that, there should be more security and garda presence at these things.

Or the Hells Angels

That didnt work too well in the past..

Still laughing at everyone being confused why the chap didn't get involved.

I'll be glad to explain: Notice how after the ground fight is stopped and someone tries to pull the guy away, he gets a few punches for that?

Yeah that's why. He works there. He's not an idiot though.
    Aye, fair play to that lad though, took a couple and had to get a bag of his back and still taught the other lad a lesson.
    danbrosnan wrote: »
    What you expect him to do?? it obvious that he will be outnumbered and event staff are on very little money, minimum wage i would say, he is not security...
    I don't expect him to anything, as I said, that's not what he's there for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

FFS, I just found out my little sister was at this yesterday. Between reading the crap that went on here and from a Garda who was called in at 7:00am to help out with investigations I am genuinely over the moon after speaking to her and knowing she didn't have any trouble and wasn't involved in any madness. She actually legged it early with her mates after seeing that things were quickly getting out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

kyub wrote: »
    FFS, I just found out my little sister was at this yesterday. Between reading the crap that went on here and from a Garda who was called in at 7:00am to help out with investigations I am genuinely over the moon after speaking to her and knowing she didn't have any trouble and wasn't involved in any madness. She actually legged it early with her mates after seeing that things were quickly getting out of hand.

According to a lot of the posts on this thread you should disown your sister as being at that gig automatically makes her scum and a criminal. In fact frogmarch her down to the local cop shop and do society a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

knackers gonna knacker

Collie D wrote: »
    According to a lot of the posts on this thread you should disown your sister as being at that gig automatically makes her scum and a criminal. In fact frogmarch her down to the local cop shop and do society a favour.

It's true and one of my posts might even be tarnished that way. I rang her and went mad at her "Seriously, who the **** are the Swedish House Mafia and what were you doing at that sheeite yesterday??" So yeah, I was showing my age there clearly and I was genuinely worried too but although this type of gig clearly attracts a shocking amount of rowdy scummers there were some genuine fans there too.

Unfortunately, the news of "People stabbed, others overdosed at Swedish House Mafia gig OMGWTFBBQ" is always going to be a better headline than "Swedish House Mafia fans dance their pants off at gig and have great craic whilst pilled out of it YAY etc."

Either way, there should have been WAY more security and it should have been expected. There are ways and means of predicting these situations. MCD should have done better. I hope the Phoenix Park fines/sues the jaysus out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

**** like this gives electronic music a bad name in Ireland. I was in ibiza recently and the distinct lack of trouble at big name events there is a real contrast to last night (and yes people were drinking and on pills in Ibiza too).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

The irony is if say Slayer were on; nobody would have bn slaine.

disco Pop event in sheeps clothing brings the skanks with even less emphasis on teh 'music' lol. just a big gangbang

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

MCD are always notoriously understaffed in security when it comes to big events.

**** all 'heavy hitters' (the big, usually eastern european lads who you see running to every fight at gigs) around yesterday. Sorry but control was lost yesterday and once again it was down to a poor lack of planning.

I mean come on, the acts were always going to attract a mainly young, working class crowd. Considering it is an all-day event and the amount of drink that would have been consumed it was pretty easy to predict this would happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

LH Pathe wrote: »

disco Pop event in sheeps clothing brings the skanks with even less emphasis on teh 'music' lol. just a big gangbang

I don't think this word means what you think it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

LH Pathe wrote: »

Nobody was "slaine"?!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

I dunno, there were some ****heads at Rammstein. I saw them a bunch of times before in the UK and the crowd wasn't as near as rough as the Dublin show.

Higher wrote: »
    MCD are always notoriously understaffed in security when it comes to big events.

**** all 'heavy hitters' (the big, usually eastern european lads who you see running to every fight at gigs) around yesterday. Sorry but control was lost yesterday and once again it was down to a poor lack of planning.

I mean come on, the acts were always going to attract a mainly young, working class crowd. Considering it is an all-day event and the amount of drink that would have been consumed it was pretty easy to predict this would happen.

That's the scary thing. If we can see it, how come MCD don't? You can NEVER have too much security at these things. If a concert/event goes off without any issues like what happened yesterday then the thinking shouldn't be "Jaysus, we got all this security in for nothing it was such a quiet day". The thinking should be "Jaysus, it was well chilled out there today. Thank feck the security boys didn't have to wade in breaking up fights". Seriously, just throw security at the bloody event so that everywhere you turn there's a high vis jacket/vest with SECURITY written on it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

I dunno, there were some ****heads at Rammstein. I saw them a bunch of times before in the UK and the crowd wasn't as near as rough as the Dublin show.

lol rockers are pansies

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

lol rockers are pansies

Hmmmm..... really??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What has being working class got to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

lol rockers are pansies

Haha I'd love to see you in a pit at a Slayer concert, then see how many pansies there are.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

lol rockers are pansies

oL6xm.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

realies wrote: »
    True as I heard the FG/lab party where meeting in Farmleigh :)
    Yeah, cos those guys are to blame for the economic mess, not FFailure... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

lol rockers are pansies

Mick Jagger has done more drugs then everyone at the gig last night put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

lol rockers are pansies

Rockers are some of the nicest concert goers, Was at oxygen at RATM and I fell to the ground in the mosh pit, when I looked up a good few people gathered around in a protective circle and helped me up and made sure I was alright.

If that happened last night I reckon I would have been trampled and/or stabbed and my phone & wallet nicked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

It's amazing how this contrasts with the Stone Roses gig a few nights earlier. The atmosphere was really pleasant!

This kind of thing could even cause some acts to think twice about coming here at all. It also tends to put people off going to what should be an enjoyable event and could totally undermine the Irish summer music scene entirely.

I was at the stone roses and the security seemed en par with any gigs I've been to in the UK or elsewhere. I'd assume this event was similar.

It's a sad reflection on the emerging generation if they're going to have to be policed like 1980s football hooligans at gigs.

I mean, this kind of stuff could mean needing Gardai with tazers being needed to patrol a gig.

Perhaps one solution would be to require people to have an ID registered at such events. So at least that way they could weed out and blacklist trouble makers.

Tricky to do without an ID card, but im sure law could be brought in to allow promoters to collect a list of names, addresses and DOBs to be passed to Gardai to be run against a database of public order convictions. Anyone flagged gets their tickets cancelled and refunded.

Hate that kind of big brother stuff, but I'm not sure how else you can keep trouble makers with violent histories out of events like this.

At the very least,anyone convicted of an offence at a gig or festival should face a court ordered ban from attending such events for say 10 years. If found at an event again, they face jail time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

lol rockers are pansies

Pretty much, wasn't like that in the glorious thrash era though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

No fan of SHM and expected trouble at this to be honest, but expected it would be a handful.

Unexpected good weather, loads of alcohol, general thuggery blended to this but the biggest reason is that the trouble makers are probably just s*its anyway.

There was rampant drug use at body and soul, and a fair bit at forbidden fruit but nothing along these lines in terms of trouble. Obviously there were substantially fewer people, but still it says a lot about the difference in crowds.

Im still scratching my head how SHM are that popular though it's third rate dance music at best and gives other if the genre a bad name.

They need more police, and allow them to be more militant and perhaps some extra trained security who can help with policing. I've been abroad for events and there is zero tolerance. Half the people would be turned away at the gate in some festivals in Europe if they were that pissed.

People also had to go into work the day after stone roses. That would have helped keep it fairly laid back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Solair wrote: »
    It's a sad reflection on the emerging generation if they're going to have to be policed like 1980s football hooligans at gigs.
    It's not the 'emerging generation', it's the usual underclass skangers responsible for 90% of the trouble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement