Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish house mafia stabbings (Updated Mod Warning Post #1)

Options

Comments

Higher wrote: »
    MCD are always notoriously understaffed in security when it comes to big events.

**** all 'heavy hitters' (the big, usually eastern european lads who you see running to every fight at gigs) around yesterday. Sorry but control was lost yesterday and once again it was down to a poor lack of planning.
    Not to be the ultra-PC bastard or anything but generally it's weedy Irish lads starting something they can't finish in my experience.
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Rockers are some of the nicest concert goers, Was at oxygen at RATM and I fell to the ground in the mosh pit, when I looked up a good few people gathered around in a protective circle and helped me up and made sure I was alright.

If that happened last night I reckon I would have been trampled and/or stabbed and my phone & wallet nicked.
    Ah the comradery of the pit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

...I think boards should get sponsorship from the Evening Herald for this kind of thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daithiobeag

This was bound to happen - Phoenix park impossible to police. Only policing was for the traffic - I walked in Park earlier in the evening real real sense of menace with plenty of obnoxious totally out-of-it kids everywhere. Very few coppers. The place is now like a tip and battle of the Somme site - It will be for a long time. OPW will have to be made stop these concerts. Madness they are not what the park is about. Incidentally any money doesnt do back into the park at all but the exchequer. If money is the object let the promoters pay for venues security and cleanup in a closed site. Its one thing Bloom which has a vaguely green health theme but this yearly invasion is of no benefit to anyone.
    Not sure if OPW is up to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Cowboys Ted.... a bunch of Cowboys!

This was bound to happen - Phoenix park impossible to police. Only policing was for the traffic - I walked in Park earlier in the evening real real sense of menace with plenty of obnoxious totally out-of-it kids everywhere. Very few coppers. The place is now like a tip and battle of the Somme site -...............

Good man. Thats raised the rhetorical bar for the rest of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Meanwhile, gardaí are also appealing for information on the identity of a man who was at the concert but died in Connolly Hospital last night.

The man, who was in his early 20s, sought medical attention at the concert, before being taken to hospital

This is a shocking story. RIP the poor people that died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Higher wrote: »
    lol rockers are pansies

X genre I dont like are pansers. You must be a 16 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daithiobeag View Post
    This was bound to happen - Phoenix park impossible to police. Only policing was for the traffic - I walked in Park earlier in the evening real real sense of menace with plenty of obnoxious totally out-of-it kids everywhere. Very few coppers. The place is now like a tip and battle of the Somme site -...............

Nodin wrote: »
    Good man. Thats raised the rhetorical bar for the rest of them.

Poppies sprouting up from a thousand dropped E's ground into the soil.

mikom wrote: »
    Double conflation, nice. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

This was bound to happen - Phoenix park impossible to police. Only policing was for the traffic - I walked in Park earlier in the evening real real sense of menace with plenty of obnoxious totally out-of-it kids everywhere. Very few coppers. The place is now like a tip and battle of the Somme site - It will be for a long time. OPW will have to be made stop these concerts. Madness they are not what the park is about. Incidentally any money doesnt do back into the park at all but the exchequer. If money is the object let the promoters pay for venues security and cleanup in a closed site. Its one thing Bloom which has a vaguely green health theme but this yearly invasion is of no benefit to anyone.
    Not sure if OPW is up to the job.

Have you any of those hash tablets doing the rounds?

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    Quote:

Don't say that, or therell be real killins in the rush to get there.

We need a poll to see what this event is worse than as well - The Famine, World War II, Cromwell, The Mongol Hordes in Persia.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Rockers are some of the nicest concert goers, Was at oxygen at RATM and I fell to the ground in the mosh pit, when I looked up a good few people gathered around in a protective circle and helped me up and made sure I was alright.

If that happened last night I reckon I would have been trampled and/or stabbed and my phone & wallet nicked.

I've been to many a metal / rock gig in my time, some with very rough activity in the mosh pits and the fans have always been incredible.

I did however notice a certain element at the Rammstein gig who acted the goat during the support act, jumping around and just being a pain in the hole to the people around them. I hope this is not becoming a sign of the times for gigs in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Some amount of attempted slayings. And one e casualty who is on today snow patrol? eesh.. scangers yesterday; Samaritans today. No harm predicted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

LH Pathe wrote: »
    Some amount of attempted slayings. And one e casualty who is on today snow patrol? eesh.. scangers yesterday; Samaritans today. No harm predicted

It's probably worth the admission fee alone tonight to see the look of bewilderment on the faces of the Snore Patrol fans when they're looking for their assigned seats or the covered area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

It's not the 'emerging generation', it's the usual underclass skangers responsible for 90% of the trouble.

Problem is they have multiplied and each generation of them gets worse, Scumbags doing that at a concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

My theory is that the ridiculous system in place that allows and caters for many young people to survive comfortably on social welfare means they just hang around in groups of like minded knackers from an early age. Ive spoke on this site before about the need for the death penalty to be brought in. I know few would probably agree with me but its retarded to ignore the current facts.
    There are people out on bail with over 80 convictions and yet they continue to commit murder, violent and sexual crimes and that attitude is thats just how it is.

If u live in country where people can achieve so many convictions without being put in prison for life is it logical to expect violent crimes to rise or decline???

Do we really have to debate which is the most likely outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

People on Boards telling it like it is.
    MCD lawsuit in 5, 4, 3...............

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Actually, what is MCD?

lightspeed wrote: »
    My theory is that the ridiculous system in place that allows and caters for many young people to survive comfortably on social welfare means they just hang around in groups of like minded knackers from an early age. Ive spoke on this site before about the need for the death penalty to be brought in. I know few would probably agree with me but its retarded to ignore the current facts.
    There are people out on bail with over 80 convictions and yet they continue to commit murder, violent and sexual crimes and that attitude is thats just how it is.

If u live in country where people can achieve so many convictions without being put in prison for life is it logical to expect violent crimes to rise or decline???

Yet the murder rate is lower than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

I agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

People do know that alcohol is a drug, don't they??

If you look at any credible statistics you'll actually find that its the worst drug of all

Actually, what is MCD?

A low-quality fast food restaurant.

My theory is that the ridiculous system in place that allows and caters for many young people to survive comfortably on social welfare means ................?

O jesus god no........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Actually, what is MCD?

It's an evil money making machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

RMD wrote: »
    If you think the "youth of today" are regularly using Crack you really have no sense of what is going on. I'm 20, know plenty of lads who've smoked weed / hash, taken pills and 1-2 who've snorted coke but never have I heard of someone taking crack. In all honesty I don't even know where I could find it, the other 3 mentioned I could have in an hour with little problem.

crack use in ireland is higher than it used to be,so is heroin use,so is poly drug use,ie using many different types of drugs,and so is using drugs and drink together,there was studies done on it you can find it on drugs.ie or anywhere to do with drugs and ireland,just google it,and lots of stuff will appear..i also heard that head shop drugs are more widely available illegally on the street since the head shops closed down..real concern as these drugs are not the classical love drug MDMA eg extasy,they are far more lethal and can make you agressive like mixing cocaine and alcohol can..

crack use in ireland is higher than it used to be,so is heroin use,so is poly drug use,ie using many different types of drugs,and so is using drugs and drink together,there was studies done on it you can find it on drugs.ie or anywhere to do with drugs and ireland,just google it,and lots of stuff will appear..i also heard that head shop drugs are more widely available illegally on the street since the head shops closed down..real concern as these drugs are not the classical love drug MDMA eg extasy,they are far more lethal and can make you agressive like mixing cocaine and alcohol can..

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Actually, what is MCD?

Murder Caused by Drugs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

its true look it up..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I regret asking my question on AH.

I assume it was MCD Productions and they organized the gig?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Swedish (babes?)

House (music..)

Mafia (scangbang)

stupid name like that alone woulda brought every skobe n his crew to teh yard. Nevermind Tinee Tempah n his grimey element, this was always a disco for the tweenyboppers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement