Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭phog

Again Zebre have the advantage of playing in an easier league. I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Zebre beat Racing. Especially if Racing have a tough fixture before the game.

That would probably ensure qualification.for Munster as well.

Am I missing something :confused: Zebre aren't in Racing's H/C pool, do they meet in another competition?

Our (Munster's) Pool is made up of:

Edinburgh
    Munster
    Racing
    Saracens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

The point was that Zebre are more of a potential banana skin than Racing, not that they will be a better team, in that you know what Racing are about but also that they don't really care about the HC, whereas we don't know what Zebre will be like (crap, I'd imagine, but still...)

I presume you were being ironic about the "did anyone even hear of Zebre before", I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Any team that views zebre as a banana skin aren't just poor, they are dreadful. I suppose it really all boils to my point that the H cup is so over rated. I'd imaginr Zebre wouldn't exactly be classed as a banana skin to the likes of the crusaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

liammur wrote: »
    Any team that views zebre as a banana skin aren't just poor, they are dreadful. I suppose it really all boils to my point that the H cup is so over rated. I'd imaginr Zebre wouldn't exactly be classed as a banana skin to the likes of the crusaders.

They wouldn't be any more of a "banana skin" to Leinster as they would be to the Crusaders, both of whom are one of the best teams in their respective competitions.

And considering Aironi's HEC record was won 1 lost 11 (without even a single losing bonus point last year) I would hestitate to even give them the potential banana skin tag.

Ulster took 10 points off them, Clermont ran in 12 tries and Leicester's away win was deemed a failure because they failed to pick up the four-try bonus.

phog wrote: »
    Am I missing something :confused: Zebre aren't in Racing's H/C pool, do they meet in another competition?

Our (Munster's) Pool is made up of:

Edinburgh
    Munster
    Racing
    Saracens

Exactly. Racing aren't a 'banana skin', they are a threat. Anyone, thinking Zebre is an easier draw are completely out of their depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

RIP old thread

As for our group, I'd probably have preferred Zebre to Racing, but I think we can win 2 games against Racing regardless. Should probably beat Edinburgh too, even though it won't be easy at all.

Saracens are obviously the really tough team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Any word on where the new training centre will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Dave Ryan has somehow managed to get a contract with Zebre !! Fair play to the Ryan brothers they're amazingly talented at making lead look like gold.

Dave Ryan has somehow managed to get a contract with Zebre !! Fair play to the Ryan brothers they're amazingly talented at making lead look like gold.

Tbf to Dave, he's been picked out from his work in the Italian league last season. They've always had decent props so he must have impressed week-in, week-out.

Leamy joins Young Munster's coaching staff
    1st Jul - 2012
    By Aidan Corr

Leamy: major boost to Young Munster
    FORMER Munster and Ireland back-row Denis Leamy has joined Young Munster as assistant forwards coach. The 30-year-old, who sprung to prominence at senior schools level with Rockwell College, will be assisting the black and ambers' forwards coach John 'Pako' Fitzgerald at Clifford Park this coming season.

Leamy was forced to call a halt to his playing career because of a hip injury that had limited him to three RaboDirect PRO12 games and Munster's four opening games in the Heineken Cup following his return from the World Cup in New Zealand in 2011.

Leamy won the first of his 144 Munster caps in September 2001 and played in both the 2006 and 2008 Heineken Cup finals. Capped 57 times by Ireland, he played in two World cups, was twice a Triple Crown winner and was a member of the 2009 Grand Slam winning side.

Young Munster are sure to benefit from the addition of the Tipperary man with his forwards experience at the highest level of the game providing a major contribution to their club structure.

John Broderick, the club's former forwards' coach, has taken a break from club rugby and will concentrate on developing the game at St Munchin's College next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Good news, Leamy will be a great mentor for the YM forwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Was Leamy affiliated with any AIL club?

It's a good move for him as he will be an assistant and so will be able to learn alot, as well as give alot too.

CatFromHue wrote: »

It's a good move for him as he will be an assistant and so will be able to learn alot, as well as give alot too.

UCC I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Looks like our CJ just got engaged!

https://twitter.com/#!/CJStander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Is he not like 22?!

EDIT: Just saw her, gotta lock that down

CatFromHue wrote: »

Played with Con after UCC I think and has been doing some coaching for Cashel too.

Interesting to see Broderick going to Munchins, think he coached them the year Earls played (indeed, i think his son set up Earls' try in the final, iirc).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

Played with Con after UCC I think and has been doing some coaching for Cashel too.

Interesting to see Broderick going to Munchins, think he coached them the year Earls played (indeed, i think his son set up Earls' try in the final, iirc).

Broderick was helping the senior team in a mentoring type role this year. Hopefully they'll build on this year's form -where they were robbed in the SC final - with Broderick back involved full time.

Broderick was helping the senior team in a mentoring type role this year. Hopefully they'll build on this year's form -where they were robbed in the SC final - with Broderick back involved full time.

It'll be interesting to see how he goes, there's some good Junior Cup teams coming through now in Limerick, should translate into senior success for one of them you'd hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Tbf to Dave, he's been picked out from his work in the Italian league last season. They've always had decent props so he must have impressed week-in, week-out.

The Italian league is essentially a play for food affair. Best analysis of how the Irish lads are getting on there :

http://murraykinsella.wordpress.com/2012/04/26/the-exiled-irish-italia/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

C J Stander ‏@CJStander
    Great dag saam my verloofde @JMNeethling kon nie vir n beter dag vra nie so gelukkig ♥happy

If there's a more romantic lanuage than Afrikaans, I've yet to hear it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Yamanoto wrote: »
    C J Stander ‏@CJStander
    Great dag saam my verloofde @JMNeethling kon nie vir n beter dag vra nie so gelukkig ♥happy

You've obviously never heard a Klingon lovesong! :)

• Advertisement

Yamanoto wrote: »

All round it's hard to think of a more romantic bunch than the South Africans alright.

Still, smart girl tying him down before he walked into Nancies and was lost to her forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

His defense is questionable, but these smooth flows are beyond reproach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Him and Healy must be soulmates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

durkadurka wrote: »
    It seems Twitter is alive with rumours that the moves by the irfu to limit the numbers on foreign players has been found to contravene eu law.

durkadurka wrote: »

Not to forget Varley's guitar strumming heroics in the RWC. Is it Kevin McL who's in a choir? Ireland's next eurovision entry is coming together nicely....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Isn't Felix Jones is a band with Barry Murphy, Hermitage Green? We've a musical aul bunch.

KML is (was?) a member of the Philharmonic Choir.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Lelantos wrote: »
    It seems Twitter is alive with rumours that the moves by the irfu to limit the numbers on foreign players has been found to contravene eu law.

Randomers are alleging it yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Isn't Felix Jones is a band with Barry Murphy, Hermitage Green? We've a musical aul bunch.

KML is (was?) a member of the Philharmonic Choir.
    Jones and Murphy are in Hermitage Green. and they are playing in nenagh in a few weeks at our tag festival. http://www.nenaghormondrfc.com/

All the underage Munster sides are starting back up training this week ahead of septembers interpro's. the 18s youths and schools, 19s and 20s (including several of our new academy players- jack o d, brian haugh,)are in rockwell and the A schools side are in bruff

ormond lad wrote: »
    All the underage Munster sides are starting back up training this week ahead of septembers interpro's. the 18s youths and schools, 19s and 20s (including several of our new academy players- jack o d, brian haugh,)are in rockwell and the A schools side are in bruff

What's the verdict about these teams? Any players to look out for? I presume Dillane will line out with Connacht's u20's, big loss?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

What's the verdict about these teams? Any players to look out for? I presume Dillan will line out with Connacht's u20's, big loss?
    Dont know much about the sides but below are the 5-6 id look out for. Dillane prob is with connacht but you never know
    20s:
    Ultan Dillane(Tralee) - 2nd Row
    David O’ Connell(Old christians) - 2nd Row
    Jamie Kind(Sundays Well) - Openside
    Seamus Glynn(PBC) - Wing
    anyone of the 3 Outhalfs: Tom Keirsey from Waterpark, Darren Sweetnam from Bandon, Rory Scannell PBC

19s:
    adrian enright(abbeyfeale) - full back,
    Shane airey(munchins) - outhalf,
    Dan Goggin (munchins) - centre
    Greg Barry (Crescent) - centre
    Cormac O’ Donnell (munchins) - full back
    JJ McDonnell (Castletroy College) - centre

youths:
    Eoghan Greene (Sundays Well) - prop
    Dylan Horgan (Highfield) - outhalf/centre

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement