Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Can't see Fitz starting either of the clermont games as he will need a couple of A games to get up to full speed

Fair assessment. I just want him back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

.ak wrote: »

I settled on Fitz not being available, but EOM was really needed as I don't think we have another 13 of that ilk.

So McFadden the most likely 13 for Clermont then?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Disappointed with that update I have to say. Whatever about Fitzy, who they had always said would be back end of November or beginning of December, EOM has been mentioned as almost there since the end of October now. And we could really do with him next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Isa > Madigan at FB
    Isa better winger/tackler than AC/FC
    Weird JS idea to get players on the pitch, BOD replacement

Madigan
    Conway
    Isa - Hands, passing, tackling, sure SOB to 12 too :pac:
    Darcy
    FmcF
    Sexton

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think so. He's played plenty there before, but won't set the world alight.

Actually think Madigan at 15 is very likely now.

How can Goodman factor into this? Could we play Darce at 13? or Goodman at 13?

Actually, can Goodman cover 15? He's a monster boot on him and a super defender...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Nigel Owens to ref the game in Clermont, Wayne Barnes at the Aviva.

Don't think les clermontois will be too enamoured with Barnes being given the gig again.

ssaye wrote: »
    Isa > Madigan at FB
    Isa better winger/tackler than AC/FC
    Weird JS idea to get players on the pitch, BOD replacement

Madigan
    Conway
    Isa - Hands, passing, tackling, sure SOB to 12 too :pac:
    Darcy
    FmcF
    Sexton

Isa's biggest weakness is playing tight. Remember him at 10? He doesn't play well in traffic. He's the polar opposite to Fitz who brain-farts in open space but can conduct a backline in traffic.

.ak wrote: »
    Isa's biggest weakness is playing tight. Remember him at 10? He doesn't play well in traffic. He's the polar opposite to Fitz who brain-farts in open space but can conduct a backline in traffic.

Ah yeah, of course twas in jest

Huge game for everyone, maybe terrible weather ala Glasgow might suit

Long term forecast is for snow/rain throughout that week. Pinch of salt with this
    http://www.accuweather.com/en/fr/clermont-ferrand/132153/month/132153?monyr=12/01/2012

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Michael Bent signs for Trinity. Don't know if he'll play any AIL mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

With EOM presumably out for Clermont it has to be Ferg at 13 really. Unless Joe is going to throw the mother of all curveballs and start Macken in the SMM, there is no other option. A shame as I wasn't really convinced by the Darce/McFadden centre partnership last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

.... Ignore

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

The EOM news is awful. I think we really needed him for Clermont - D'Arcy/McF is just not a good centre combo. Has Goodman ever played 13?

Tox56 wrote: »
    With EOM presumably out for Clermont it has to be Ferg at 13 really. Unless Joe is going to throw the mother of all curveballs and start Macken in the SMM, there is no other option. A shame as I wasn't really convinced by the Darce/McFadden centre partnership last season.

Me neither, but I'd rather Ferg there than Macken. Atleast we can bosh some ball and maybe create some dog legs that way,

Goodman 12, D'arcy 13?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Has Nacewa ever played at 12/13 ? I know he wont be playing there against Clermont but he seems to cover a lot of positions just wondering if he ever ventured into centre ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Scioch wrote: »
    Has Nacewa ever played at 12/13 ? I know he wont be playing there against Clermont but he seems to cover a lot of positions just wondering if he ever ventured into centre ?

Yes, for Leinster under Joe Schmidt even.

Best I could honestly say about it was that he did a job but Isa is better in the back three and even at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Tox56 wrote: »

Don't joke. Please. I would much rather see Madigan at 13, Nacewa at 15, Dave Kearney and McFadden as the two wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

tolosenc wrote: »
    Goodman 12, D'arcy 13?

That did cross my mind, but a relatively untested Goodman at 12 and Darce at 13 for the first time in how many years against one of the favourites for the competition in their own backyard? I'd be happier with Ferg at 12 and Darce at 13. But Ferg has a lot more game time at 13 than Darce of late so it's not much of an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I've said it before and I'' say it again, Cronin has a bit of pace on him and we could always stick him on the wing

sure we could run reddan, sexton, Kearney, D'Arcy, SOB, Cronin and Isa :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Macken isn't in the HEC squad.

• Advertisement

I've said it before and I'' say it again, Cronin has a bit of pace on him and we could always stick him on the wing

sure we could run reddan, sexton, Kearney, D'Arcy, SOB, Cronin and Isa :D

Reported troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

danthefan wrote: »

actually is goodman even registered for HEC

speaking of that as far as I know we only get to add one player at the moment. It looks to me like it has to be Bent. Although I can see a case for Macken or Goodman given injuries.

Thank Jehovah

ssaye wrote: »

So Bent isn't in the squad either???:eek::eek::eek:

Quint2010 wrote: »
    So Bent isn't in the squad either???:eek::eek::eek:

we couldn't register Bent as part of the HEC squad before we registered him with the IRFU as a Leinster player which had to be after he was no longer registered with his club in New Zealand but we can make one change to the squad.

Bent is imo most likely but we do have decent backup THs in the squad (in Moore and Hagan) we might need to use our one change to bring Goodman or Macken into the backline given injuries.

Bent is still most likely imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Given the injuries in the backline and the players just returning I think I'd prefer Goodman. It does increase the frustration with himself and Bent arriving so late in the season when they were so needed in the early parts.

we couldn't register Bent as part of the HEC squad before we registered him with the IRFU as a Leinster player which had to be after he was no longer registered with his club in New Zealand but we can make one change to the squad.

Bent is imo most likely but we do have decent backup THs in the squad (in Moore and Hagan) we might need to use our one change to bring Goodman or Macken into the backline given injuries.

Bent is still most likely imo

Jeez I sure hope so. He looks miles better than Hagan TBH.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement