Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

funtime93 wrote: »
    Never even heard of McFarland,Lawless or Quinn.Anyone care to fill me in on these lads as im thinking of heading down to this.
    bamboozle wrote: »
    what's Masterson like? young no.8 from Portlaois playing U20's with Clontarf, dont think he was involved with the Leinster U20's this season though.

all those 3 played leinster 20s this year. Quinn is from Castleknock and had never played rep before being chosen for Ireland 19s against france on the back of the senior cup where he scored a good solo effort against clongowes,now playing for lansdowne.Jamie lawless was the tighthead on the michaels team that won the cup this year,he was behind dan O'Byrne on this years leinster 20s,plays for belvo now. Max mcfarland was wing on this years 20s side and is on a scholarship in trinity,has played a bit of senior firsts there as well. as far as I know eoghan masterson got shoulder surgery this summer so didn't play 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭goreyguy

Is Rory O'Loughlin in the sub academy?

goreyguy wrote: »

not officially as he's not in the Irish 20s squad but he's still in the setup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

6dsp9 wrote: »
    Quinn is from Castleknock and had never played rep before being chosen for Ireland 19s against france

*England.

Scored a hat-trick off the bench.

not officially as he's not in the Irish 20s squad but he's still in the setup

What do you mean?

The 20s squad isn't picked until Jan, I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Not sure but he was playing for Ireland U18 Schools last April which must mean he is at most just turned 19. Actually-surprised Dan Leavy isn't in the 23-Is he injured? Or is that rumour of him going back to school true?

Hagz wrote: »
    *England.

Scored a hat-trick off the bench.
    What do you mean?

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Not sure but he was playing for Ireland U18 Schools last April which must mean he is at most just turned 19. Actually-surprised Dan Leavy isn't in the 23-Is he injured? Or is that rumour of him going back to school true?

he played against france in templeville road

the 20s have camps every month starting from October and he hasn't been included in those yet

leavy did ankle ligaments in training and is on the way back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Quint2010 wrote: »

surely he wouldnt be allowed go back purely for rugby reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

funtime93 wrote: »
    surely he wouldnt be allowed go back purely for rugby reasons

Ah was just some stupid rumour someone on the schools thread came out with..

he played against france in templeville road

Yeh the IRFU made a mistake on their website and don't have him listed in that France game, but I though a hat-trick against England u19 would be worth mentioning.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    Yeh the IRFU made a mistake on their website and don't have him listed in that France game, but I though a hat-trick against England u19 would be worth mentioning.

forgot about that my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

What do you mean?

20s have met up 3 times for 2 day camps already and will be playing a Leinster A side right before xmas and an Ulster A side between xmas and new years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Is there a list of A fixtures outside the B&I Cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

ssaye wrote: »

I wonder if ROG will be playing for them? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

ssaye wrote: »

The legends game is usually good craic I have to say. Will almost certainly be going to that.

Delighted to see Seanie back and it's great to see the doc over too. Wasn't sure if he'd be here with the injury. It's a shame we're not at home this evening. Wonder if he'd have made an appearance if we were?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

.ak wrote: »
    I wonder if ROG will be playing for them? :pac:

So what he meant by "above international standard" was "international legend standard"?

molloyjh wrote: »
    The legends game is usually good craic I have to say. Will almost certainly be going to that.

Delighted to see Seanie back and it's great to see the doc over too. Wasn't sure if he'd be here with the injury. It's a shame we're not at home this evening. Wonder if he'd have made an appearance if we were?

I'd hope he continues working with argies even after retirement, although he doesn't owe them anything at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭ray jay

.ak wrote: »
    I'd hope he continues working with argies even after retirement, although he doesn't owe them anything at this stage.
    It would be gas seeing him patch up hurt players during a match!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

HT Leinster A 13 - Connacht Eagles 6

Pretty decent scoreline so far when you consider half the team is still in nappies

• Advertisement

Tox56 wrote: »
    HT Leinster A 13 - Connacht Eagles 6

Pretty decent scoreline so far when you consider half the team is still in nappies

Anyone know who got the scores? The OH said she heard on the news that Tadgh "someone" got a try. Furlong or Beirne anyone know?

Beirne got try and Marsh converted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Furlong developement continues, according to someone at the game on twitter:
    Yowzer; Wilko gets schooled by Tadgh Furlong and gets done for turning in. Pen into 22

Tom Denton scored a try from a quicktap by McGrath.

Both tries from quick taps.

Leinster blow huge overlap when Marsh kicks rather keeps in hand; Connacht had two guys down in backfield

Andrew Boyle scores 3rd try.

Apparently it was gilsenan not denton with the second try.

Apparently it was gilsenan not denton with the second try.

9-31 not a bad result.

Ada'boy Gilly.

• Advertisement

Would have been a wonderful match to watch :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement