Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot that. I appear to have thankfully wiped the Italian game from my memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Is EOM injured? Also, I've had a fit of amnesia, can someone remind me what's wrong with Drico?

yes, O'Malley is injured.

O'Driscoll? He's sitting at home, thinking about what he did. He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

Clear skies fresh weather tomorrow in High Wycombe evening much like Dublin

Excellent weather

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Match day thread is up

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

ssaye wrote: »
    Clear skies fresh weather tomorrow in High Wycombe evening much like Dublin

Excellent weather

Snowing at the moment :cool:

• Advertisement

Snowing at the moment :cool:

BBC, ACCUWEATHER, AND THE REST be damned

haha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I wish I could join you there but unfortunately I'll be out of town! Absolutely typical :mad:

One of the lads that can't make the stag (because he's getting married next week) is a Londoner living in Dublin. He's a Wasps man who has adopted Leinster as his second team and is a STH. He's not at all happy he's missing this either. But that's what he gets for having his wedding on the same day as the Munster-Leinster game. Selfish b......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

In the match preview thread, Ciaran says that McGrath has "seen off" VDM.

Is that the case? Has VDM been dropped or is he injured? His name has been completely absent from any squad updates for a couple of months now so I have no idea.

Is that the case? Has VDM been dropped or is he injured? His name has been completely absent from any squad updates for a couple of months now so I have no idea.

He started against Glasgow two weeks ago so I'm presuming he is fit and that McGrath is preferred, because he is in better form but possibly because Joe wants to give McGrath knockout experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a mutual decision, involving VDM, to give McGrath the gametime or benching till the end of the season.

VDM is an established international prop, with a deal sorted out for next season, doesn't need to prove anything, while obviously the club and McGrath will benefit from his experience this season.

* Disclaimer * Please completely disregard if VDM is injured

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

I'm happy to see McGrath on the bench, the more experience he gets the better.

Going to be seeing a lot of him next season.

Anyone know where Darren Hudson has disappeared to?

Hasn't played for us or Marys in 2 months. Injured again?

Here is his twitter

not sure if 29 march is about Leinster extension or not, its a public tweet

Stephen Murray ‏@only1stevo 29 Mar @DarrenHudson12 Congrats on the extension man!
    Expand

image_normal.jpgDarren Hudson ‏@DarrenHudson12 29 Mar
    @only1stevo cheers mate

Hide conversation

ssaye wrote: »
    Here is his twitter

not sure if 29 march is about Leinster extension or not, its a public tweet

Stephen Murray ‏@only1stevo 29 Mar @DarrenHudson12 Congrats on the extension man!
    Expand

image_normal.jpgDarren Hudson ‏@DarrenHudson12 29 Mar
    @only1stevo cheers mate

Hide conversation

I'd assume it refers to this http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/9565.php#.UV2HE5NQFyw

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

he did his shoulder back in october so I presume is still recovering

lurtz wrote: »
    he did his shoulder back in october so I presume is still recovering

Played a few games since that though, then went off the map again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Given the injury profile of some of the academy players who have come through quite quickly (Fitzgerald, Ryan, Ruddock, Jones, Conway, Macken, O'Brien et al) it might be no harm giving injuries plenty of time to recover.

It seems any major injury in developing years can become a recurring career injury.

He started against Glasgow two weeks ago so I'm presuming he is fit and that McGrath is preferred, because he is in better form but possibly because Joe wants to give McGrath knockout experience

McGrath will be second choice loose head next season, a massive vote of confidence in his ability, so would absolutely agree to hand him more experience now.

Van Der Merwe will be a big loss, as White was also, but we do need to try and unearth more domestic talent, and McGrath is Healy 2.0, so very opptomistic for his future.

Now if only some of the tight head bucks could put their hand up. Ross isn't getting any younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

[Jackass] wrote: »
    McGrath will be second choice loose head next season, a massive vote of confidence in his ability, so would absolutely agree to hand him more experience now.

Van Der Merwe will be a big loss, as White was also, but we do need to try and unearth more domestic talent, and McGrath is Healy 2.0, so very opptomistic for his future.

Now if only some of the tight head bucks could put their hand up. Ross isn't getting any younger.

Moore will have a big season next season i reckon, Furlong won't be far behind him. If Ross can give two more quality seasons we should be set at TH for the next decade if all goes well.

Hopefully! Both come with a lot of hype anyway, not that that has done much good for Leinster players over the last few seasons. Seems to be the ones that come in under the radar always do best.. (partially because they're not chased by Munster along the way perhaps ;))

• Advertisement

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Moore will have a big season next season i reckon, Furlong won't be far behind him. If Ross can give two more quality seasons we should be set at TH for the next decade if all goes well.
    Funnily I seem to be the one person that doesn't really rate Furlong. Sure he has potential but he seems rather injury prone.

Moore though I rate the hell out of. Will probably overtake Bent next season imo.

Furlong's only really had one bad injury with his shoulder, his kidney thing was a freak accident

Furlong's only really had one bad injury with his shoulder, his kidney thing was a freak accident
    I thought he had two shoulder injuries and the kidney(which I agree is a freak accident)? Never mind then.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Funnily I seem to be the one person that doesn't really rate Furlong. Sure he has potential but he seems rather injury prone.

Moore though I rate the hell out of. Will probably overtake Bent next season imo.

you dont rate him because he's injury prone?

and what was this kidney thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

and what was this kidney thing?[/QUOTE]
    Kidney ges the blame again poor guy

lurtz wrote: »
    you dont rate him because he's injury prone?

and what was this kidney thing?

had a freak injury playing AIL whereby he bruised his kidney pretty badly. was kept in hospital for a week.

Any word on the A team for the Bristol game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I'd expect the team announcement today.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Is that game tomorrow? I presume its over in Bristol...?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

iamjenko wrote: »
    Is that game tomorrow? I presume its over in Bristol...?
    Bristol on Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement