Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Far too early to say on SCM, or Boyle.

Hudson is a bit older but I've seen him produce some absolute pieces of magic and is extremely physical in contact, I have faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I have yet to see anyone claim Hudson can be a world class/international class/Heineken Level winger. In fact, I'd say very little expect that from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Hudson might be another Dave Kearney.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

There's a lot more to wing play than yellow boots, fancy steps and extreme pace. Kearney mightn't be out of the Ngwenya mold, but he's a quality player.

SCM is one of those fancy and pacey wingers, the real concern about him is if he has the physicality and defence capability of the pro game. If he was faced with a charging George North, I'm not sure how he would cope. Also not sure if he has much of a kicking game to talk about, but for his pure attacking threat I hope we promote him.

Hudson and Boyle are both good prospects too. Granted none are as exciting as the likes of when Fitz or Rob Kearney came through, but hopefully Adam Byrne can come good as a big, physical and most importantly, lightening quick wing.

Conway was the hope for finally finding a replacement for Hickie, but was a complete flop if truth be told, at least when compared to the hype around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

When will Amlin semi tickets go on sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

decisions wrote: »
    I'd imagine season ticket holders will get an email in the next few days. they're usually quick to get them out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

I hope Schmidt sticks with Madigan for the rest of the season if he maintains his level of performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

Are we playing Biarritz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

durkadurka wrote: »
    Are we playing Biarritz ?

We are yes, in the RDS. other semi is Perpignan v Bath/Stade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Leinster Supporters ‏@OLSCRugby 30m Bloody hell! Well done to the boys... Details of home semifinal in RDS will be emailed by @leinsterrugby shortly #COYBIB

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Donald Coyle

shuffol wrote: »
    I hope Schmidt sticks with Madigan for the rest of the season if he maintains his level of performances.

Defintitely interesting to see who Joe goes for over the next few weeks. Madigan is in possession, playing well (!) and will be around next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Sexton by a street. Madigan was made for tonight in a thrill a minute game. But he just does things that are not on. Leinster would have been much better served by setting it up again or moving it on several occasions. He has tunnel vision. Playing well, will get better, not in Sexton's class at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Email from the Branch has just arrived in my inbox concerning semi-final tickets.
    Didn't take long!!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

Don't see any of Hudson, SCM or Boyle being top class wings. Hudson might be another Dave Kearney.

Adam Byrne maybe, but we are really searching for real talent in the backs.

to be dismissing players at this age and level is just rash and downright stupid. Have you heard of development and improvement? I dont think its too often a 20 year old is discovered who can cut backlines apart and score tries at will at the highest level. theres a reason these lads are involved in the setup,joe schmidt knows more about spotting a good player than you ever will

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Leinster branch wasted no time. I have mine bought. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

If you haven't a season ticket it's looking like Thursday

I'll pick them up in the morning then :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

vienne86 wrote: »
    Leinster branch wasted no time. I have mine bought. :D:D:D

Are everyones tickets for the semi more expensive than the final tickets were?

It's Friday for general sale..
    Wednesday, 10 April 5pm: Window to purchase your own tickets closes.

Thursday, 11 April 10am: Pre-sale opens to Season Ticket holders & Blues to purchase from all available tickets (eg extra tickets for friends or family).

Friday, 12 April 10am:  Tickets go on sale to the public.

What are ticket prices like for North/South stand?

What are ticket prices like for North/South stand?

32, final is 25.

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote: »
    32, final is 25.
    Might go for the final instead then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

The LNR has banned the Biarritz players and management from meeting up till the 11th of april

Eh why?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Eh why?
    oh right sorry, two players have the mumps
    http://www.espnscrum.com/amlin-challenge-cup-2012-13/rugby/story/179958.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Thats just bizarre...
    Completely understandable reaction but still bizarre situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Sexton or Madigan for semis?

Also, could Leinster move the final to the Aviva Stadium if they get to the final. I guess not.

I'd go with Sexton for the semi, we need to play a more structured game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Coburger wrote: »
    Sexton or Madigan for semis?

Also, could Leinster move the final to the Aviva Stadium if they get to the final. I guess not.

Not a chance of it moving. For one, it's not up to Leinster, it's an ERC decision and secondly, the Heineken final's on there the following day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Coburger wrote: »
    No. Not their decision. It would be the ERCs and it will not be moved considering its been set for RDS for months and the Heineken Cup final is on the day after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I still think Madigan has too many problems with his game plan to be ahead of Sexton. If Sexton is fit, he starts. Providing his form is good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement