Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 slatterg

I had a great time with this Luke story anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

durkadurka wrote: »
    He was fairly waddling when he was at Leinster

My poorly constructed sentence was implying I think he was even more waddling while at Leinster than in that video! That winger wanted to know nothing about tackling him mind.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

Leo staying on for next season has been confirmed.

IT also saying BOD is the only member of the current squad whose future isn't sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

bb-logo_normal.jpgLeinsterfans: According to the Irish Times today, Leo Cullen has agreed a deal to stay on with #LeinsterRugby for another season. http://t.co/jyTdhgzCsu

Very pleased with this

09eg2hwgvqxl6ky7vykv_normal.jpegOLSCRugby: Ian Madigan & Sean Cronin will be joining us post match Sat for a Q&A. If you have a Q for them pls email it to olsc@leinsterrugby.ie
    8 minutes ago from TweetDeck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I wonder how many questions Madigan will get that aren't in relation to his hair

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I wonder how many questions Madigan will get that aren't in relation to his hair

I'm just dreading the inevitable "Who let Mad-Dog out" chant. It hasn't taken off for good bloody reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Leo staying on for next season has been confirmed.

IT also saying BOD is the only member of the current squad whose future isn't sorted out.
    Brilliant news. Fingers crossed BOD stays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What about Damien Browne? If BOD is the only one who isn't sorted then is Browne staying or going?

We have loads of locks either way at the moment.

What about Damien Browne? If BOD is the only one who isn't sorted then is Browne staying or going?

Yeah, I've only heard his move mentioned on forums but have never seen anything else about it. Where did that come from?

I suppose if he is moving then his future is "sorted out". Same with Heinke too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Luke Mc Grath might be on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Clegg wrote: »

to where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

trouttrout wrote: »
    to where?

ignore the troll....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Going to Oyonnax, according to the usually-reliable rugby-transferts.com anyway. There has to be a question mark over whether he's able to play any more at all, there hasn't been a mention of him in any squad update for ages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Going to Oyonnax, according to the usually-reliable rugby-transferts.com anyway. There has to be a question mark over whether he's able to play any more at all, there hasn't been a mention of him in any squad update for ages.
    I think he had a shoulder surgery and is out long term.

FrannoFan wrote: »
    ignore the troll....

He's not a troll

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

based on?

They seem to be suggesting JPP is looking at Toulon and that a few English clubs are after him. No mention of Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Absolute bull.

Times saying mooted suggestions again of.

Leinster have yet to fill the massive void left by by Nacewa’s premature return to Auckland though a raft of Southern Hemisphere fullbacks and wingers have been mooted, including the Springbok fullback Zane Kirchner and Waratahs speedster Lachie Turner. Out of contract it seems this year

Cheika contact maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm just dreading the inevitable "Who let Mad-Dog out" chant. It hasn't taken off for good bloody reason!

Chanting 'Mad-Dog' to the theme of the well known 'Isa, Isa' hit would suffice.

I cringe every time a media source names Kirchner as the replacement. Really hope it's not so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

.ak wrote: »
    Chanting 'Mad-Dog' to the theme of the well known 'Isa, Isa' hit would suffice.

I am waiting for the "This is Ianfield" sign to go up over the tunnel door...

Maybe I'm on my own, but I'd really really prefer we just forgot about Mad Dog altogether.

You can't give a Leinster player a nick name that isn't an acronym or based around a flavour of coffee or footwear. Golden rule #3.

Shaggy?

Shaggy?

Good point. Nicknames based on hair are definitely an exception (mullet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

I cringe every time a media source names Kirchner as the replacement. Really hope it's not so.

I'd like neither tbh.
    Kirchner is a FB only and Turner is a winger only afaik.
    Both good players but not sure they'd fit into an Isa role.

AAC would have, but is now not available, though a W.Le Roux type.

Also, isn't Turner an out and out speedster? Not sure he'd really fit into our gameplan.

Kirchner ain't that bad, he'd be a solid signing imo.

I would love Gonzalo Camacho to be honest. He'd be my number 1.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21857065

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

We should call him Magician, a perfect combination of magic (like his try at the weekend) and his first name.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement