Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Heroditas

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Was it groundless though? Or do we just want to believe it was and blame the people who posted/wrote about it for making stuff up?

For some reason, people seem to be determined to believe the worst, no matter what the source of the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The whole saga wasn't the nicest so am glad it's over and Luke's made the only logical decision and re-signed.

A move to an inferior team, poorer coaching, worse backline, uncomplimentary style of play, upsetting people from your home town/province (sorry lads he's not from Cork) it really would have been an idiotic move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

Was it groundless though? Or do we just want to believe it was and blame the people who posted/wrote about it for making stuff up?

I hoped it wasn't true. Still food for thought though.

best-simpsons-gifs-jug-hoedown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

TBH we'll probably never know, but the past few days were an exact mirror of the Conway situation, where the rumour floated around the internet forums, followed by people saying 'Nah, don't buy it, doesn't make sense' etc., etc. and then boom, he was gone. I saw the Fitzy thing going the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

ssaye wrote: »
    Affluence, I always buy a few spares to rip up

:pac:

To be honest you really need a scissors to cut up the credit card style ones.
    I find that I need to carry a scissors around with me for all those occasions when I have a fit of pique when a player is rumoured to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

None of these reports ever mentioned "sources close to the player" or any other source. No credible journalist repeated it AFAIK.

Personally I never believed it due to lack of source and the fact it made no rugby sense on any level. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

None of these reports ever mentioned "sources close to the player" or any other source. No credible journalist repeated it AFAIK.

Personally I never believed it due to lack of source and the fact it made no rugby sense on any level. .

Easy to say now, not even a little bit, really.

I choose not to believe you.

ssaye wrote: »
    Easy to say now, not even a little bit, really.

I choose not to believe you.

I don't care, frankly, but feel free to have a look back through my posts.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83838095
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83819801
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83804466
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83795175

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

https://www.facebook.com/PetitionToRenameTheRdsMadiganSquareGarden

I smell a new banner to replace the Sexton's on Fire one

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

totallegend was a beacon of sanity throughout the whole ordeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

salmocab wrote: »
    Great news on Fitz. Conor George in bull **** story shocker,he also claimed today that O Connell coming back and Munster possibly not making the playoffs is ironic. The man is paid to write articles and struggles with the meaning of words. Pretty sure all his future articles should be taken with a pinch of salt.

It seems he uses angst laden music instead of a dictionary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Anyone else think it's appropriate to call this an "ordeal", worn me out anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Deccie taught Luke something anyway - do nothing and let the internet troll itself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Heroditas wrote: »
    Why are people claiming all this is to do with Drury? Anyone any substantial evidence of this?
    All we've seen is an article by a journalist who isn't exactly well regarded around here mentioning the move was a possibility, followed by people saying on websites that "it's a done deal", "I talked to his dad's cousin's ex-wife's nephew" or "I have it on good authority.." ... the usual nonsense.
    As a result, we've seen people say how "bitterly disappointed" or "upset" they are on various forums or how they've lost respect for Luke.
    He's just signed for two years and people are still wildly speculating about the issue without knowing A SINGLE DETAIL CONCERNING WHAT HAPPENED!

For all we know, Luke knew his contract had to be discussed and both he and his agent might have decided to look at other options in case Leinster didn't offer him a deal.

This whole event has only convinced me of one thing - that the standard of journalism has completely dropped into the gutter and journalists are using speculation, heresay and conjecture found on forums as the basis for their articles.

98fm were fed a crock of ****, but I've no doubt Drury was behind it

trouttrout wrote: »

98fm were fed a crock of ****, but I've no doubt Drury was behind it

98fm "broke" their "story" at 11 am today. What would Drury have to gain at that stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

98fm "broke" their "story" at 11 am today. What would Drury have to gain at that stage?

in any negotiation, there is always something to gain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Glad to see that Lukey is staying. Fingers and toes crossed he will have a cracking season next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Garseys wrote: »
    Glad to see that Lukey is staying. Fingers and toes crossed he will have a cracking season next season.

As long as it's not cracking bones or cruciate ligaments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I would pay a serious amount of money to watch Ollie Le Roux play wing.

I'll PM you my account details :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I still remember his two trys against Dragons years ago. They were hilarious. Think it was when we won the Magners

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

601218_142677352571587_753498922_n.jpg

From here.

I give it a +1......

• Administrators Posts: 53,507 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DD9090 wrote: »

From here.

I give it a +1......

The rest of that page is rather dickish.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

awec wrote: »

Yeah, but it's only for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

awec wrote: »

The Jackson jokes are uncalled for, but the purely Madigan stuff is gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

DD9090 wrote: »

From here.

I give it a +1......

What about just simply

"I-Anfield"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    The Jackson jokes are uncalled for, but the purely Madigan stuff is gold.

Nah its not. Its one part being a dick to Jackson, one part unfunny Madigan meme and one part ripped off Madigan Hair Gardens joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Madigan's Hair Garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Hope you enjoy Fitz's poor form and weak knees.

That is a terrible thing to say about a player on a team which you support.

As a Munster fan, I wish Luke all the best and hope all of these rumours got him a deal he deserves.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Swiwi wrote: »
    I'll PM you my account details :)

Eh...the cheque is in the post ;)

Mind you, I'm pretty sure he put a kilo or two from that video before he came up north to Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

He was fairly waddling when he was at Leinster

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement