Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,456 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Podge_irl wrote: »
    It's his usual M.O. That's about the only reason though.

So absolutely not a single shred of evidence that it happened in this particular situation.

Luke's signed. Happy days. Here's to him making a full recovery and having a stormer next season, whether that be on the wing, at 15, in the centre or even as a bloody prop!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Heroditas wrote: »
    So absolutely not a single shred of evidence that it happened in this particular situation.

Not that I'm aware of - though I didn't bring it up so maybe someone else knows more.

Every single one of Drury's clients seem to end up being linked elsewhere in the paper come contract time though, far more than anyone else. Frankly I don't much care now Fitz has signed on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its been a weird few months, very VERY glad this latest b*ll*x has been put to bed.

I dont blame the guy for trying to get a good deal, brinkmanship is part of negotiation and the media spin doesnt help. Im sure his position was heavily tempered by his injury history just as it was last time but I cant imagine he ever wanted to play anywhere else, especially as he just became the senior wing on the roster.

Joe Schmidt has enough to be doing managing a depleted team at the sharp end of the season without hand-holding in negotiations, but all he would have to say is "this is your home, you are valued here, you are a big part of the future beyond even my tenure, I would advise you to stay" Goodnight, goodluck etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Here's what went down.

Thornley "Hey Corcoran, d'ya know what would be a bit of craic? Let's start a rumour about Lukie going to Munster. We'll get Rob and Joe in on it too, even that new muppet from the Indo will buy it. It'll be the biggest troll since Brian said he was moving to Oz, we'll have so much fun. Even Fester will think its hilarious"

Corcoran "Dja know youre right boy, twill be a grand laugh!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Delighted he is resigning.
    the whole story was a big:pac:
    agree with previous poster no smoke without fire.
    it leaves a bitter aftertaste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Delighted my information was off although I think he was closer to signing for Munster then anyone within the provinces will let on now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

RK/Another
    Ferg/Another
    BOD/EOM/BM
    GD/AG
    LF/DK
    IM/JG
    ER/IB/JC

CH/JMCG/JOC
    RS/SC/AD
    MR/MB/MM

DT/LC/BM/TD
    MMC/QR/MF

KMCL/RR/
    SOB/SJ/DR
    JH/JM/LA?

+ From academy + Adam Byrne etc
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/team/results/squad_leinster_academy.php#.UVHJWjf9WFi

2 More backs and keeping BOD to cover the whole season would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Teferi wrote: »
    Delighted my information was off although I think he was closer to signing for Munster then anyone within the provinces will let on now.

I think it was def an option he was looking at based on how Easterby responded to questions on it.

Delighted he's staying. Don't have any kind of a bitter after taste right now. The rumour mill got out of hand, probably in part due to the Sexton and Conway moves. Time to put that all to bed now and move on. Our back 3 will consist of:

Fitzy, McFadden, R Kearney, Unnamed SA back, D Kearney and hopefully an Academy player or two.

That should be enough to see us through the season provided Fitz can stay injury free. It would mean D Kearney, Unnamed SA back and SCM/Hudson for the Pro12 games. Another utility back wouldn't hurt, but we really need to bring through a back 3 player from the Academy. We haven't since D Kearney a few years ago.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I think it was def an option he was looking at based on how Easterby responded to questions on it.

Delighted he's staying. Don't have any kind of a bitter after taste right now. The rumour mill got out of hand, probably in part due to the Sexton and Conway moves. Time to put that all to bed now and move on. Our back 3 will consist of:

Fitzy, McFadden, R Kearney, Unnamed SA back, D Kearney and hopefully an Academy player or two.

That should be enough to see us through the season provided Fitz can stay injury free. It would mean D Kearney, Unnamed SA back and SCM/Hudson for the Pro12 games. Another utility back wouldn't hurt, but we really need to bring through a back 3 player from the Academy. We haven't since D Kearney a few years ago.

Unnamed SA back?
    Surely you mean Aplon?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Unnamed SA back?
    Surely you mean Aplon?

Hopefully! Don't jynx it!

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Hopefully! Don't jynx it!

Or Sideshow Bob! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

pkJhHRV.gif

That's how a certain element of Munster fans must feel with how quickly they're opinions on how they rate Fitzgerald have been changing since the rumours started.

Fitz has been in good from btw

[/QUOTE]

He really has been... :D

Or Sideshow Bob! :pac:

Ugh :( Nah, that won't happen. He plays fullback, and thats it. He's of no use.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,921 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Unnamed SA back?
    Surely you mean Aplon Kirchner?

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Great news on Fitz. Conor George in bull **** story shocker,he also claimed today that O Connell coming back and Munster possibly not making the playoffs is ironic. The man is paid to write articles and struggles with the meaning of words. Pretty sure all his future articles should be taken with a pinch of salt.

I particularly liked his use of the words "gushingly" and "exaggerated words of praise" without a hint of irony.
    All he was missing was "the real deal".

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Unnamed SA back?
    Surely you mean Aplon?

Aplon is contracted to the Stormers until the end of next year.

http://www.espnscrum.com/ireland/rugby/story/161113.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

The rumours about Fitz were floating around 2+ weeks before he-who-shall-not-be-named wrote his article.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Aplon is contracted to the Stormers until the end of next year.

http://www.espnscrum.com/ireland/rugby/story/161113.html

That's not what I heard! :pac:

Is Willie Le Roux out of contract this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Is Willie Le Roux out of contract this year?

Seriously every frickin time I misread this as Ollie le roux :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I would pay a serious amount of money to watch Ollie Le Roux play wing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

salmocab wrote: »
    Great news on Fitz. Conor George in bull **** story shocker,he also claimed today that O Connell coming back and Munster possibly not making the playoffs is ironic. The man is paid to write articles and struggles with the meaning of words. Pretty sure all his future articles should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Welcome to 2012! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Delighted for LF that he got his contract, hopefully he can work his way back to his peak form again, great player to watch. The whole 'drama' was a bit too soccer-agent like for my liking, don't want to see this happening every time a player of value (for whatever team) tries to resign for his team.

From a Munster viewpoint, I'm glad we haven't signed him for the reasons I said on MFs - we've a couple of injury prone players already or on the way without adding LF to the pile. We've had enough injury woes over the last couple of seasons.

I look forward to seeing him and Conway go head to head next season, best of luck to them both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Teferi wrote: »
    The rumours about Fitz were floating around 2+ weeks before he-who-shall-not-be-named wrote his article.

But he was the first to give them credence by publishing in a semi credible newspaper.

So a groundless Internet rumour grew legs because people were able to say "it was in the paper"

Very poor journalism.

If you mention his name or his articles, you go on the ignore list.

Final warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

So are people still ripping up season tickets and never going to another Leinster game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    So are people still ripping up season tickets and never going to another Leinster game?

Affluence, I always buy a few spares to rip up

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I Fcuking love that Borat gif.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

But he was the first to give them credence by publishing in a semi credible newspaper.

So a groundless Internet rumour grew legs because people were able to say "it was in the paper"

Very poor journalism.

Was it groundless though? Or do we just want to believe it was and blame the people who posted/wrote about it for making stuff up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement