Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I would love Gonzalo Camacho to be honest. He'd be my number 1.

Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/21857065

never going to happen though unless he retires from international rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

trouttrout wrote: »
    Kirchner ain't that bad, he'd be a solid signing imo.

He's really not great, nor would he suit Leinster, he has a very limited skillset that suits the Boks (sometimes) but would be lost here. That and he'll be expensive, which is something we're trying to avoid.

What about Eli Walker? He's not an international (yet), is he in contract? Or is that a low blow poaching a Welsh new comer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

.ak wrote: »
    What about Eli Walker? He's not an international (yet), is he in contract? Or is that a low blow poaching a Welsh new comer?

I wouldn't like to assist Wales in developing more dangerous young wingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Good point. Nicknames based on hair are definitely an exception (mullet)

Isn't his nickname derived from the character out of Scooby-Doo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Same problem as North, in that he's (potentially) liable to be missing for international windows. Don't think there's any ethical issues around it though and he is going to be world-class.

jacothelad wrote: »
    Isn't his nickname derived from the character out of Scooby-Doo.

Yeah it is, but mostly because his hair-do looks like Shaggy's from scooby-do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I wonder how many questions Madigan will get that aren't in relation to his hair

3f09.jpg

Does anyone have any questions?

tumblr_lx187teQEE1qzzd6io1_500.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Lets just call him Iano and be done with it.

Or Madser.

What? I was raised in Crumlin.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Or is that a low blow poaching a Welsh new comer?

Given the exodus of players leaving I'd feel it is definitely a low blow. Unless he is looking for an out I'd think it is best to stay away. As it is extremely advantageous for us to to be up against competitive sides we shouldn't be trying to kill the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

BOD staying 1 more year?

triskaidekaphobia_copy_normal.jpgBrianODriscoll: @michaeljlawlor @rgrenham anyone have a spare back/neck/hip/knee/ankle I could borrow for the year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

ssaye wrote: »
    BOD staying 1 more year?

triskaidekaphobia_copy_normal.jpgBrianODriscoll: @michaeljlawlor @rgrenham anyone have a spare back/neck/hip/knee/ankle I could borrow for the year?!

Yabadabadooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭LostArt

BOD staying 1 more year?

When was this tweeted?, because I can't find it

LostArt wrote: »

The site for all tweets for all players

http://pro12tweets.com/leinster/

BrianODriscoll: @michaeljlawlor @rgrenham anyone have a spare back/neck/hip/knee/ankle I could borrow for the year?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

BOD staying 1 more year?

I wouldn't read to much into it, if you look at the context he said it in he was simply responding to Michael Lawlor's request to him not to retire, if anything I think he is saying he doesn't have to body to carry on next season :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

I'll donate my body to BODence just for him to stay on..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

LostArt wrote: »

https://twitter.com/BrianODriscoll/status/316954644268085248

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm just dreading the inevitable "Who let Mad-Dog out" chant. It hasn't taken off for good bloody reason!
    A certain few in the terrace just will not let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Ginny wrote: »
    A certain few in the terrace just will not let it go.

Yeah, a part of me thinks fair play to them for getting involved. The other just wishes they'd pick better chants. The less said about the Jenno one the better.

Still it beats watching the game in total silence I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah, a part of me thinks fair play to them for getting involved. The other just wishes they'd pick better chants. The less said about the Jenno one the better.

Still it beats watching the game in total silence I suppose.
    that's one thing that makes me so envious of the Clermont fans, they have great chants and create an incredible atmosphere out of it. some good examples here
    http://www.cybervulcans.net/site/encyclopedie-des-chants-des-supporters-de-lasm

we need a few chant like that to get the crowd going. some of you clever people need to get to work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

that's one thing that makes me so envious of the Clermont fans, they have great chants and create an incredible atmosphere out of it. some good examples here

we need a few chant like that to get the crowd going. some of you clever people need to get to work :)

awesome link, thank you!

I really hope Munster draw Clermont in Europe soon, I really want to see a game at SMM!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awesome link, thank you!

I really hope Munster draw Clermont in Europe soon, I really want to see a game at SMM!

It is sheer class. My sister came with us in December and the place was rocking before kick-off. She just looked at me and asked was it wrong that she wanted to join in. It wasn't. If there's no Irish team in the final I hope they are in it and that they win. And I'll be there chanting along with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

BOD retirement has been on the cards for a couple of years now. I think if he was somebody else he would have already retired, only he/ we all know Ireland would have been lost without him a couple of years ago. He will be a huge loss to Leinster and Ireland obviously, I do think he will play for the Lions however, and that will be his last international.

What am I most saddened by is; I am coming down from Ulster for the game this weekend and I was looking forward to seeing him play as I have never had the chance to before. Last year at the AI he was injured and so on... awk well. Heres hoping for an Ulster win to get our league back on track... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

If Shane Horgan, his best friend, doesn't think he's retiring, then I remain optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Hagz wrote: »
    If Shane Horgan, his best friend, doesn't think he's retiring, then I remain optimistic.

Did Horgan not hint on RTE, I think, that BOD wanted a Leinster only contract and retire from Ireland, but all IRFU contracts include the provision you have to make yourself available for the national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

To be honest, I think BOD can do whatever he likes. He can tell them that he doesn't want to play internationally if he wants to, and play out his career at Leinster, get a testimonial year for him next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

They certainly create an incredible atmosphere in Clermont, as do a number of French clubs in their home grounds, but the obvious link between all of these great chants is pretty evident - They are mindnumbingly simple!

Going down through the list of videos in that link, the majority of chants at the start are just variations of saying "Go Clermont/ASM/Montferrand/Yellow&Blue" with the words just being moved slightly to fit it into a catchy rhythm.

I think sometimes people get caught up trying to think of elaborate/topical lyrics to start a new chant and ultimately it doesn't tend to come off. If you're picking up tips from these guys I think the lesson is clear - stick to the simple chants & just build the noise from there! (Also a few big drums don't hurt either!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,183 ✭✭✭✭Buer

To be honest, I think BOD can do whatever he likes. He can tell them that he doesn't want to play internationally if he wants to, and play out his career at Leinster, get a testimonial year for him next season.

He can't. They're not going to ignore their protocols just because he was the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Beery Eyed wrote: »
    They certainly create an incredible atmosphere in Clermont, as do a number of French clubs in their home grounds, but the obvious link between all of these great chants is pretty evident - They are mindnumbingly simple!

Going down through the list of videos in that link, the majority of chants at the start are just variations of saying "Go Clermont/ASM/Montferrand/Yellow&Blue" with the words just being moved slightly to fit it into a catchy rhythm.

I think sometimes people get caught up trying to think of elaborate/topical lyrics to start a new chant and ultimately it doesn't tend to come off. If you're picking up tips from these guys I think the lesson is clear - stick to the simple chants & just build the noise from there! (Also a few big drums don't hurt either!)

Off topic here but are there any crazier fans than the Clermont ones. These guys create a serious atmosphere. Here's hoping that they're in the Aviva in a couple of months time for the Heineken cup final.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement