Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Fintan Drury take a bow

next negotiations will be tough. He burned the French last time out, Munster this time. by the time Luke is 27 he will be off to Japan.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

So I hear Rob's off to Ulster.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Stop it, give us at least 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Seph503 wrote: »
    Someone with the skills please shop this with Joe, BOD, Cullen and Madigan :D

If that can't be done I'll accept any combination of Leinster players. Thanks :P

More like Mike Ross, Rhys Ruddock, Luke Fitzgerald and Fintan Drury!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,899 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

A two year contract for an constantly injured player and who is also currently injured.

Yep. Drury has played a blinder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Poor Conor George..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭ssaye

And the start of the good news please would be welcome from now on...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm putting this one completely down to Joe Schmidt. Is there anything that man can't do?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If he ends up signing a 2 year deal with Leinster then you have to sit back and applaud Drury. No way he would have gotten it without all this nonsense.

But i dunno what to think any more.

I wonder if Drury will be my agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Its mad how the mainstream media jumped on the "Luke to Munster" rumours literally hours before he signed for Leinster. 98fm all but confirmed he was leaving!

• Advertisement

ssaye wrote: »
    And the start of the good news please would be welcome from now on...

Heard that due to ERC regulations being broke by an unnamed team we're being given the Heineken Cup by default this year. #4stars

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Dammit Conor George put his twitter on private.... Can't see his reaction :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,899 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Its mad how the mainstream media jumped on the "Luke to Munster" rumours literally hours before he signed for Leinster. 98fm all but confirmed he was leaving!
    I think 98fm got played by someone from Fitz' camp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Drury is really changing how rugby contracts work in Ireland. For better or worse you can't deny that it's entertaining

trouttrout wrote: »
    Drury is really changing how rugby contracts work in Ireland. For better or worse you can't deny that it's entertaining

Entertaining in a getting-on-a-broken-rollercoaster-known-to-kill-people way?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

meh...I've still lost a lot of respect for Luke as a result of all this and I think we should be planning for a future without him in 2 years time

meh...I've still lost a lot of respect for Luke as a result of all this and I think we should be planning for a future without him in 2 years time

The only thing I can hope for is an injury free run, and enjoy these two years of having probably the most naturally talented back 3 player we've ever produced play in blue.

I felt this way as the whole thing progressed, but in fairness we can't be sure how much he had to do with this. I'm just happy he's staying :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What a crazy Tuesday.

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I felt this way as the whole thing progressed, but in fairness we can't be sure how much he had to do with this. I'm just happy he's staying :)

As someone else said there is no fuel without fire. Either he or his agent where the ones stocking the fires of this one and I'm sure Luke was fully aware of what was happening even if he wasn't the one pulling the strings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Why are people claiming all this is to do with Drury? Anyone any substantial evidence of this?
    All we've seen is an article by a journalist who isn't exactly well regarded around here mentioning the move was a possibility, followed by people saying on websites that "it's a done deal", "I talked to his dad's cousin's ex-wife's nephew" or "I have it on good authority.." ... the usual nonsense.
    As a result, we've seen people say how "bitterly disappointed" or "upset" they are on various forums or how they've lost respect for Luke.
    He's just signed for two years and people are still wildly speculating about the issue without knowing A SINGLE DETAIL CONCERNING WHAT HAPPENED!

For all we know, Luke knew his contract had to be discussed and both he and his agent might have decided to look at other options in case Leinster didn't offer him a deal.

This whole event has only convinced me of one thing - that the standard of journalism has completely dropped into the gutter and journalists are using speculation, heresay and conjecture found on forums as the basis for their articles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

We should be anyway. I've put him in the category where I'm worried that at some stage his body will break down. We need to bring through a winger.

Personally I've lost quite a bit of respect for the Leinster set up. It was in yesterdays paper that Joe had only talked to him once about his future. They had a sit down today and Luke came out of it and signed a new deal.

Luke obviously had concerns about his role in the squad, whether he wants to play 11, 12, 13, or 15 or all of the above I don't know but he wanted to talk about positions and career progression with Joe. He did and he signed simple as.

They should have had that sit down a few weeks ago imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Heroditas wrote: »
    Why are people claiming all this is to do with Drury? Anyone any substantial evidence of this?
    All we've seen is an article by a journalist who isn't exactly well regarded around here mentioning the move was a possibility, followed by people saying on websites that "it's a done deal", "I talked to his dad's cousin's ex-wife's nephew" or "I have it on good authority.." ... the usual nonsense.
    As a result, we've seen people say how "bitterly disappointed" or "upset" they are on various forums or how they've lost respect for Luke.
    He's just signed for two years and people are still wildly speculating about the issue without knowing A SINGLE DETAIL CONCERNING WHAT HAPPENED!

For all we know, Luke knew his contract had to be discussed and both he and his agent might have decided to look at other options in case Leinster didn't offer him a deal.

This whole event has only convinced me of one thing - that the standard of journalism has completely dropped into the gutter and journalists are using speculation, heresay and conjecture found on forums as the basis for their articles.

Great post that.
    That Adrian Barry on 98FM sure has his tail between his legs now I'd say, after being fed complete ****e.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Harpin' On Rugby just posted this on FB:

8297_573454526005617_319248387_n.jpg

With this:
    A very good source told me Luke actually said this...

:)

As someone else said there is no fuel without fire. Either he or his agent where the ones stocking the fires of this one and I'm sure Luke was fully aware of what was happening even if he wasn't the one pulling the strings

I said that :pac: To be honest, I'm confused and delighted in equal measure.

The Luke Fitzgerald to Munster story in one GIF

grandpa_simpson_leaving.gif

Credit to balls.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Personally I've lost quite a bit of respect for the Leinster set up. It was in yesterdays paper that Joe had only talked to him once about his future. They had a sit down today and Luke came out of it and signed a new deal.

What do you expect the management to do? Discuss the topic every single day over breakfast?
    For all we know, both parties were happy enough with the set-up and there was no need to discuss anything because Luke was raring to go and fighting fit.
    Once he got injured, then the difficulty might have arisen regarding a new contract.
    Again for all we know, Joe might have told him they weren't going to discuss his new contract until the end of March.

Also, they might have decided to stall discussions until they knew whether the operation was a success or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,896 ✭✭✭✭JRant

We should be anyway. I've put him in the category where I'm worried that at some stage his body will break down. We need to bring through a winger.

Luke obviously had concerns about his role in the squad, whether he wants to play 11, 12, 13, or 15 or all of the above I don't know but he wanted to talk about positions and career progression with Joe. He did and he signed simple as.

They should have had that sit down a few weeks ago imo.

Wasn't he away with the Irish camp up until last week though. Add in his injury and i'd say the timing was just all wrong for a proper sit down

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

I wouldn't be too worried about the Leinster setup. for me this would be roughly around the time when new contracts would come up for negotiations especially with a player just back from serious injury.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Heroditas wrote: »

It's his usual M.O. That's about the only reason though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement