Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Here we stole Alez le bleus sure we can just steal one of clermonts... Just replace the word montferrand with Leinster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Here we stole Alez le bleus sure we can just steal one of clermonts... Just replace the word montferrand with Leinster :D

We were granted it by Toulouse fans if I remember right. At least that's how I tell it when someone pipes up saying "why are you singing French, we're an Irish team". :pac:

Allez les blanc harpe, allez les blanc harpe, allez les harpe et bleu

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

We should definitely steal the haka as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

molloyjh wrote: »
    To the tune of the Banana Boat song (Day-O, me say Day-yay-o, Daylight come and me wanna go home)

Jenno, Jenno....followed by something about hands in the ruck or something.

True enough, and they're willing to give it a bash which is more than can be said for some others there, but still "Who let Mad-Dog out..who, who, who" is based on an annoying enough original tune hence it not taking off.

We do desperately need to get something going that's both not "Leinster, Leinster" but is something everyone will get involved with. COYBIB and Molly get started every now and again but they need to be sung which is completely different.
    I don't get this... You bemoan the absence of chants, bemoan the quality of the chants others are trying and offer nothing but to perhaps shout Mad Dog and expect RDS to magically transform into SMM?

The tunes may not be to your liking but they're recognisable, short and snappy. It's a bit of a laugh after all, not choral society!

You can't be too cool to chant and then complain that we cant recreate the atmosphere of Clermont. Give it a go on Saturday, you might just enjoy it.

• Advertisement

Eponymous wrote: »
    I don't get this... You bemoan the absence of chants, bemoan the quality of the chants others are trying and offer nothing but to perhaps shout Mad Dog and expect RDS to magically transform into SMM?

The tunes may not be to your liking but they're recognisable, short and snappy. It's a bit of a laugh after all, not choral society!

You can't be too cool to chant and then complain that we cant recreate the atmosphere of Clermont. Give it a go on Saturday, you might just enjoy it.

I don't like the Mad Dog chant. I don't know how you got from that point to the above????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭eire4

There's no way anyone will force BOD to play for Ireland.

But there's also no way that BOD's last appearance for Ireland will be a loss to Italy.

Chill everyone

Totally agree with you Emmet. It is hard to imagine BOD's last game for Ireland being that Italy one. I think he will play one more season for Leinster. With Ireland I think we may just see him make one final appearance at Lansdowne Road next season so that he can go out for Ireland in a manner that more befits his incredible contribution to Ireland.

I asked Rugbydump to feature Madigan's exploits on Saturday... and they did! Check it out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭FellasFellas

I asked Rugbydump to feature Madigan's exploits on Saturday... and they did! Check it out here.

Was just about to post that up myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beery Eyed

"The Madgician"! The commentators completely seem to miss the very important fact that there was advantage being played for a knock-on though. Without that it would just have been a bit of a mad play, but since he knew there was advantage anyway it was a good heads-up option to try & get out of there, better than just taking the tackle anyway. The try is also a great finish, although he does that so often that it's becoming his regular move now!

• Advertisement

I think it was just the fact he tried it. I have the feeling he would've done that anyway, advantage or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

At the very end of that video...

"Ian Madigan 22 - Glasgow Warriors 17"

:D

I was thinking that myself when watching it from the stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

We should definitely steal the haka as well

I would pay to see the lads from this forum do the Haka :D

Seriously, name a charity...

Edit: I've just watched the video .ak got rugbydump to post, and I would pay good money to a charity for Madigan to get rid of that haircut! Makes JOC's various attempts at a hairstyle look not too bad by comparison...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

It would probably look something like this...

Swan Curry wrote: »
    It would probably look something like this...

That is a seriously "frightening" Haka in the wider sense of the word! Which one is Irishbucsfan?

Swiwi wrote: »
    I would pay to see the lads from this forum do the Haka :D

Seriously, name a charity...

Edit: I've just watched the video .ak got rugbydump to post, and I would pay good money to a charity for Madigan to get rid of that haircut! Makes JOC's various attempts at a hairstyle look not too bad by comparison...

I used to play with an ex-maori, he made us do it when we were very drunk (hated seeing non-maoris do it when sober). It was something like the video above except with more cheering.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Coburger

Swiwi wrote: »
    That is a seriously "frightening" Haka in the wider sense of the word! Which one is Irishbucsfan?

Man, that is some funny looking haka, more of a haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

The gay little jump at the end really adds to the haka. Why oh why do they not do it now?

:pac:

decisions wrote: »
    The gay little jump at the end really adds to the haka. Why oh why do they not do it now?

:pac:

I don't when the jump disappeared, no doubt there's an official choreographer attached to the team these days...

Well we're not getting Kurtley Beale anyway...

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2013/rugby/story/179510.html

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Well we're not getting Kurtley Beale anyway...

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2013/rugby/story/179510.html

He's such a natural talent, and it's a real shame other things get in the way. I hope he's back for the Lions, but maybe the Wallabies will be better without him at the moment.

Anyway, this is the Leinster thread, so I agree you are better without him to replace Nacewa at the moment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AunBU7AuYk

Unbelievable highlights video. Begs the question though, I assume he made this to try secure a move elsewhere, why else would he make one? The mention of being an Australian passport holder may be a cry to Super Rugby.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Saw in the paper that Tom Sexton wants to move up the date his transfer to Australia. They want all AQ teams for the Lions warm matches so he is hoping to move so he can settle in before playing against the Lions.

He is 4th choice hooker with us so we can deal with him leaving assuming Strauss makes it back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AunBU7AuYk

Unbelievable highlights video. Begs the question though, I assume he made this to try secure a move elsewhere, why else would he make one? The mention of being an Australian passport holder may be a cry to Super Rugby.

That video makes him look like a brilliant player, I wouldn't have thought he would be that good(i have never seen him play), is that video ignoring serious holes in his game or something? because based on that and Leinster's lack of wingers signed up for next season I would put him on a development contract. He looks very dangerous.

That video makes him look like a brilliant player, I wouldn't have thought he would be that good(i have never seen him play), is that video ignoring serious holes in his game or something? because based on that and Leinster's lack of wingers signed up for next season I would put him on a development contract. He looks very dangerous.

I've seen him play a fair few games this year and he is so good. The Back three for UCD of himself, Andy Boyle and Barry Daly are just freakish. If Coughlan Murray is on his way out which I certainly hope not, Daly should be next in line for a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Glass Prison 1214

I've seen him play a fair few games this year and he is so good. The Back three for UCD of himself, Andy Boyle and Barry Daly are just freakish. If Coughlan Murray is on his way out which I certainly hope not, Daly should be next in line for a contract.

I am now hoping to see him play in the Rabo next season, he definitely looks like he is up for it and we have only three back three players signed up for next season, its surprising he hasn't appeared for the senior team this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭opinionatedfan

yeah i dunno whats going on with SCM. had high hopes for him but dunno whats going on with him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

yeah i dunno whats going on with SCM. had high hopes for him but dunno whats going on with him now.

Year off with meningitis and some players progress so far and just don't live up to the hype. It's not his fault or the fault of the academy if a player looks promising for a certain period and just plateaus.

I wouldn't write him off yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

The same Barry Daly who was offere Munster Academy and lasted about a week?

• Advertisement

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/9565.php#.UVV2QDvzreM

Good to hear a bunch of these confirmed. Positive news again.
    NEW LEINSTER CONTRACTS:

3 Years: Cian Healy (national contract), Michael McCarthy

2 Years: John Cooney, Sean Cronin, Luke Fitzgerald, Jimmy Gopperth, Rob Kearney (national contract), Brendan Macken, Ben Marshall, Fergus McFadden, Jack McGrath, Jordi Murphy, Eoin O'Malley, Mike Ross (national contract), Quinn Roux, Dominic Ryan, Richardt Strauss, Devin Toner

1 Year: Leo Cullen, Darren Hudson, Martin Moore, Jack O'Connell, Noel Reid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement