Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

whizbang wrote: »
    Headfort: 4, 8, 9, 5, 15 ??

Correct, I'm guessing you've been here before :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭whizbang

Yep, one of my favorites, but Ennis is defo on my list now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Myksyk wrote: »

7th .... index 1 par 4 ... over water, then over more water.
    14813223816_299220074f_c.jpg

Really like the photo, have you got it in high res for a desktop background ( 1440p monitor) ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

Sure. PM me an email address.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Played Woodstock a few weeks ago. In this weather it's fantastic. Index 1 is a beast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

whizbang wrote: »
    Yep, one of my favorites, but Ennis is defo on my list now.

+1, never knew anything about Woodstock but after seeing those photos it's on my to play list now. I'm in Limerick the odd weekend so will have to look out for open competitions or an excuse to take the trip to play. That 8th looks like a long 185 yards also.

[Edit] Feck it, just checked their website and there's an open singles on this Sat & Sun. Wasn't advertised on the GUI site as checked that yesterday for a possible game so have already booked and paid for a greenfee in Castletroy.

Pretty poor website (very basic and even has spelling mistakes) and no online booking facility which is disappointing so doesn't really promote the club.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

You'll have to forgive them for the poor website as staying a float is hard enough for them. When you consider they were attached a very large hotel for many years and now they have a small pro shop and bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You'll have to forgive them for the poor website as staying a float is hard enough for them. When you consider they were attached a very large hotel for many years and now they have a small pro shop and bar.

Don't get that logic at all Keano. They sound like busy fools if it's the case that:
    1. They aren't sending the GUI an email to inform them of their open days (free advertising...I presume there's miminal or no cost)
    2. They've got spelling mistakes on their website

That just demonstrates sloppiness and if you can't get that right, then running a business/club may be a step too far.

A slick website template can be bought for less than €100 these days, these templates are almost fool proof. Uploading a few of those stunning photos wouldn't cost more than a few mins time. And a little note apologising for the lack of a BRS (I assume there is a fairly substantial cost for this) booking system for the time being would also encourage people to pick up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭dk1982

PARlance wrote: »
    Don't get that logic at all Keano. They sound like busy fools if it's the case that:
    1. They aren't sending the GUI an email to inform them of their open days (free advertising...I presume there's miminal or no cost)
    2. They've got spelling mistakes on their website

That just demonstrates sloppiness and if you can't get that right, then running a business/club may be a step too far.

A slick website template can be bought for less than €100 these days, these templates are almost fool proof. Uploading a few of those stunning photos wouldn't cost more than a few mins time. And a little note apologising for the lack of a BRS (I assume there is a fairly substantial cost for this) booking system for the time being would also encourage people to pick up the phone.

The first line of their visitors section. sorry but that's embarrassing...

"Thousend's non-members have enjoyed our course with many returning frequently!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

_77878754_getty_teamphoto.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Rory has the body of a rock star these days.

roryabs-620x760.jpg

ByumV3_IEAAINjD.jpg

Lowry today at Carnoustie

By8vu9HCQAA4OC8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Good picture but I think Lowry was in kings barn today.

searay wrote: »
    Good picture but I think Lowry was in kings barn today.

You are corrrect, wrong caption on the Euro Tour feed

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Played 36 holes in Ballybunion on Monday - Old in the morning, Cashen in the afternoon. What a day for it.

First time playing the Cashen course - I was very impressed. Small, elevated greens - interesting to play target golf on a links.

5XP9EVJ.jpg

ACS6v5Y.jpg

zwkn7Zv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

D Hayes wrote: »
    Played 36 holes in Ballybunion on Monday - Old in the morning, Cashen in the afternoon. What a day for it.

First time playing the Cashen course - I was very impressed. Small, elevated greens - interesting to play target golf on a links.

5XP9EVJ.jpg

ACS6v5Y.jpg

zwkn7Zv.jpg
    What are the green fees for that this time of the year???????

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

Off-season (April and October) - play both for €110. Just checked and it's gone up to €115 for next year. You're obviously taking a chance with weather this time of the year.

Nice first tee

• Registered Users Posts: 20,842 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

where is that mike - class

• Advertisement

where is that mike - class

1st in Portstewart.
    Played Ballyliffin, Portstewart and Portrush last week. great 3 days of golf for €175.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

mike12 wrote: »
    1st in Portstewart.
    Played Ballyliffin, Portstewart and Portrush last week. great 3 days of golf for €175.

Machrihanish is oft quoted as the the most dramatic opening hole, but Portstewart must be close. Opening 4 holes are pretty darn dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

Nice first tee

I want me some of that!!! unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

A couple of photos from my trip north this week - must have missed Mike12 by a week.

Royal County Down (from this morning).
    I was allowed up into the dunes to see the new Annesley holes (very bottom of pic - new 9th green is centre pic, new 10th tee to the left)
    122c2sj.jpg

Roe Park in Limavady.
    15th hole. Green is on the right. Hole is only 266 yards, but it's all water beneath the green.
    25zt4d0.jpg

Castlerock
    Par 3 9th from green to tee (hard to believe it was lashing rain)
    1zcp9q0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Machrihanish is oft quoted as the the most dramatic opening hole, but Portstewart must be close. Opening 4 holes are pretty darn dramatic.

I'd bump that up to the first six holes, TC. Always thought the 1st at Ardglass was an equal for that at Machrihanish

1st in Portstewart.

Don't think I have ever seen links grass as good on a tee box.

Kevin - any idea why they are changing the Annesley - I guess they are making it longer.
    some of the best golf I played this year was waisted on the Annesley.

I'd say RCD - have so much money, they have to look at doing something all the time - almost a process of continuous improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Kevin - any idea why they are changing the Annesley - I guess they are making it longer.
    some of the best golf I played this year was waisted on the Annesley.

I'd say RCD - have so much money, they have to look at doing something all the time - almost a process of continuous improvement.

I believe they are creating a new practice area using one of the old holes as a range. Closer to the club too..

thegolfer wrote: »
    I believe they are creating a new practice area using one of the old holes as a range. Closer to the club too..

Ok - must be getting ready for Irish Open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

Seeing as I've played Machrihanish, I better make the effort and play Portstewart, looks a beauty alright.

Advertisement