Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

I have to say this is a first for me- a badger on swords open at 2.30pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Couple of shots of Dun Laoghaire from the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Pics from the last couple of weeks:

Galway Bay
    2582fxc.jpg

16760ie.jpg

Malone
    wi29zp.jpg

Cork
    11juh7d.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Wow Kevin, Malone looks unbelievable. Is it worth a four hour round trip sometime?

m r c wrote: »
    Wow Kevin, Malone looks unbelievable. Is it worth a four hour round trip sometime?

Tough question. Would you travel two hours to play Mount Juliet or Fota Island?

Malone isn't a resort course like Mt J or Fota, but it has that big feel to it. There's a 27 acre lake (in photo) that makes the back 9 really good. The front 9 is more sedate, but the whole place is tree-bound. i'll fire up a couple more photos today.

Green fees are £75 to £85... making it the second priciest parkland in NI (Lough Erne is 85-95).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

310009.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

2014 US Open, Friday...

kaymer-847-samgreenwood.jpg

KaymerGallery-847-StreeterLecka.jpg

709x470.jpg?fit=scale&background=000000

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Apologies MRC - meant to put these up long before now

Malone 10th
    dwfn8g.jpg

Malone 12th, from 18th fairway
    2e3mlfr.jpg

Malone 18th
    2v8ip8l.jpg

Those 4 or 5 pics have just cost me a round in Malone Kevin. I see you gave it an 85, I'll take a spin up, it looks fantastic.

Those 4 or 5 pics have just cost me a round in Malone Kevin. I see you gave it an 85, I'll take a spin up, it looks fantastic.

No idea when you're planning to go, but their Captain's Days (Men/Ladies) are over the next week - so the course should be in the best possible condition

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭redhill

Tough question. Would you travel two hours to play Mount Juliet or Fota Island?

Malone isn't a resort course like Mt J or Fota, but it has that big feel to it. There's a 27 acre lake (in photo) that makes the back 9 really good. The front 9 is more sedate, but the whole place is tree-bound. i'll fire up a couple more photos today.

Green fees are £75 to £85... making it the second priciest parkland in NI (Lough Erne is 85-95).

I now live beside Malone and it is a classy track, always in good nick and never too busy (busy car park, near empty course). However in todays climate the 75/85 sterling(100 euro) green fee is very steep for the course. Basically they don't need the green fee revenue so are happy to keep the fees high.....
    Don't get me wrong it is a lovely, relaxing round of golf, it has always vied with Belvoir Park (pronounced "beaver") for greater Belfasts' top course.

Those are fantastic pictures of it Kevin, you must have a great camera. The pic of the 12th may be the 14th?? 12 is a par 3 with no water around

redhill wrote: »
    Those are fantastic pictures of it Kevin, you must have a great camera. The pic of the 12th may be the 14th?? 12 is a par 3 with no water around

Dead right - it's the 14th. Sorry - taking so many photographs at the moment I'm losing my marbles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    310009.jpg
    Holy Cow thats some big fella in the background. Not only tall but shoulders about twice the width of everyone else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

How I spent my Thursday and Friday...

gXnCVuGl.jpg
    Bray

DzuejHFl.jpg
    Blainroe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Castleknock this morning for a €15 tee off at 8AM, forgot my golf shoes so had to play in my crocs :(, slipped around a bit for the first 5/6 holes but then the heat came on and my word it got hot, fantastic course in amazing condition, the fairways aprons and first cut of rough around the greens were perfect to play off, I have never played off better grass cuts, delighted with an 11 over whilst not driving well and playing the course for the first time, what weather...

2j4yj52.jpg

2wqbdl2.jpg

33tp2t3.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

227063_M17.jpg

Irish Open winner Mikko Ilonen plays a great recovery shot from the trees on the 18th at Fota Island. I'm not in the picture but I was in the crowd behind him. My son is visible and he's chuffed as this is on the European Tour website :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

227063_M17.jpg

Irish Open winner Mikko Ilonen plays a great recovery shot from the trees on the 18th at Fota Island. I'm not in the picture but I was in the crowd behind him. My son is visible and he's chuffed as this is on the European Tour website :D

He also made a great recovery on 10 from trouble left to get up and down for par.

227063_M17.jpg

The no cameras sign there and I can see at least 5 phones up taking video/photos funny stuff.

The no cameras sign there and I can see at least 5 phones up taking video/photos funny stuff.

But there wasn't a sound from any of them and all are behind out of eyeline so it's not a problem. Seriously, some idiots left their mobile phone on full volume even had the pips on the button for one texter, one even answered a call and starting chatting near a green and also marshals talking to each other were noisier than any camera.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

was told about this Saturday evening alright, shocking news. Identical to what was done to a local gaa pitch adjoining esker hills gc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Dark and blustery at 7am this morning, brightened up nicely half way through, 11th Ballybunion.
    hMRP3W8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

Pic of the index 1 Par 3 at Water Rock. Was my first time playing there. Very well kept course considering no members there.

WaterRockHole12.jpg

Photos from Carne, taken before and during the Atlantic Coast Challenge:

Kilmore Nine

Hackett Original 18

For anyone who doesn't know - the Kilmore Nine only opened last year.

Just because you take your dog on the course, don't expect him to be impressed by your putting prowess.

Took this last night

fa27gk.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Just because you take your dog on the course, don't expect him to be impressed by your putting prowess.

Took this last night

fa27gk.jpg

Told the wife he was walking the dog and snook out for some putting practice, nice one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

St. Anne's from the balcony over a cold pint!!

• Advertisement

Clubhouse and 1st tee at Moate Golf Club last Monday morning. I wasn't playing, as I was on shop duty for the day. The joys of being a committee member!

10527287_716611218408473_7137286194472734600_n.jpg

Advertisement