Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfing images ***Please NO quoting photos***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

Kevin - any idea why they are changing the Annesley - I guess they are making it longer.
    some of the best golf I played this year was waisted on the Annesley.

I'd say RCD - have so much money, they have to look at doing something all the time - almost a process of continuous improvement.
    thegolfer wrote: »
    I believe they are creating a new practice area using one of the old holes as a range. Closer to the club too..

Not at all, Fix - not a question of money, simply a matter of trying to add in a practice area (holes 3 and 4 are to become the practice range) which RCD lacks, and the fact that the new holes are in the biggest and most spectacular dunes. The three new holes completely surround the dune I took the photograph from. I'll put up shots of the other two holes in due course. They will add length, but not a lot. Pars 4, 4 and 3 and they will be the new 9th, 10th and 11th.

The big course has stayed very much the same and won't be touched (unlike Rosses Point) so they rarely tinker with it, but they saw an opportunity to make Annesley better than it already is... sorry you feel your best golf was wasted on it - I think it's the trickiest short course in the country and the greens are like velvet. I love it.

There are no changes planned whatsoever for the big course for the Irish Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

4th hole in Corballis back in August

325735.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This is one of my favourite threads on boards.

Keep up the great Pics everyone

Here are a couple of shots from yesterday morning at Galgorm Castle.

255nevk.jpg Sunrise over 3rd green

nplugi.jpg Waiting for sunrise on 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

I don't get to play that many courses that are truly photogenic, but i had to take a few snaps here.

vd2t4y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,842 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Not sure if I should thank you or curse you for sending me to the DailyMail website, Fix... but intriguing to see photos that appear all the time on Social Media and now know who took them. That's a great plug for Royal County Down, too.

Here's a photo I took yesterday morning at Macreddin. View down the 8th

2h82y4h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Macker1

That looks fantastic. Really have to get down to play next year.

Kevin -

Lots of great pictures in Daily Mail :D

Nice picture Kevin - You must play Macreddin a good bit ?

Do you walk it ?

• Advertisement

Kevin -

Lots of great pictures in Daily Mail :D

Nice picture Kevin - You must play Macreddin a good bit ?

Do you walk it ?

Actually, Fix, just out taking photographs for them this year. Been there 5 times but haven't played it... yet. Clubs are always in the boot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Serious p0rn there, I tried to insert some of those images but the URL was too long to embed :(

Here's his website...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

Actually, Fix, just out taking photographs for them this year. Been there 5 times but haven't played it... yet. Clubs are always in the boot.

That would kill me

The time I did the whole travelling the world sh¥t. I wasn't playing golf. Regret it now.
    But at least we still have great stuff near.

will get to the states. But some of the more exotic stuff hardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭mike12

slave1 wrote: »
    Serious p0rn there, I tried to insert some of those images but the URL was too long to embed :(

Here's his website...
    The Pics of the links courses here just makes me think of buying a camper van and pretend i'm writing a book so i can play them all for free. :D
    Half way thru the links just have to head SW next year. Problem is that the courses i have played are so good i fing myself going back to them year after year.

Mike . Well done . You must be the 2nd best travelled golfer here.

mike12 wrote: »
    That would kill me

After a while you get used to it... especially when it's 'work'!
    The time I did the whole travelling the world sh¥t. I wasn't playing golf. Regret it now.
    But at least we still have great stuff near.

will get to the states. But some of the more exotic stuff hardly.

Yep, did that myself and ended up playing once, on a pitch and putt in New Zealand! Then again, I also played tag rugby with Sean Fitzpatrick (the All Black... not the banker).
    mike12 wrote: »
    The Pics of the links courses here just makes me think of buying a camper van and pretend i'm writing a book so i can play them all for free. :D
    Half way thru the links just have to head SW next year. Problem is that the courses i have played are so good i fing myself going back to them year after year.

There's a VW camper for sale in our local garage. I've been looking at it longingly for about 3 weeks - then my wife slaps me out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Then again, I also played tag rugby with Sean Fitzpatrick (the All Black... not the banker).

That's what he told you anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

6th at Sandy Hills Rosapenna from earlier this year. Fairway pinches in followed by a drop off to the green below. As pretty a golf hole as you will see anywhere. I wish I could take a photo that does it justice. This is actually a screen grab from a video clip.
    2poz521.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭TrapperChamonix

View once you get on the green ain't bad either!

11lrlz5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ah, tee shirt and shorts, those were the days...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

sign_3102394a.jpg

These lads added an extra hazard to the 12th fairway in Corballis on Saturday. No danger of me hitting them as they were directly in line with the hole:D

328817.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

No pic Felex?

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    No pic Felex?

You on mobile? It's showing on laptop.

InstagramCapture_8cc1cb07-1852-4d8f-846d-0030eb3268f5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Felexicon wrote: »
    You on mobile? It's showing on laptop.

InstagramCapture_8cc1cb07-1852-4d8f-846d-0030eb3268f5.jpg
    Windows 8 laptop, its probably Internet Explorer, everything else wants to crash on this pos

LOL at the image:confused:

Seen them last day - are they running a watering system to tee boxes / greens ?

Seen them last day - are they running a watering system to tee boxes / greens ?

Yeah that's what seems to be. Was just crazy to have to knock an 8 iron up over a van and mini digger with 3 lads standing around them. Was sure I was going to duff it through the back window of the van

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Adare Manor.jpg

Castletroy.jpg

View looking back from the second tee at Adare Manor GC a few weeks ago.

View from the 14th tee at Casteltroy GC today. Not quite Canada Fix, but not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Adam Scott warming up in nets- old skool!

Advertisement