Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updated look for the site.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Lollers wrote: »
    Love it, clean and concise. Makes browsing with a touch screen much easier. Only issue I have is the drop down menu for Rec is cut off at the corner of the screen.

Might be handy to get screenshots of these uploaded. I'm having no trouble with it at the moment, but the laptop I'm on is set with a wide resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

Where's my little flashing button for tracking my favourite threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Boards.ie: Rónán

Blowfish wrote: »
    Type: Bug
    Issue: On the drop down menu at the top, for most categories you can get to the 'main' page for the category by clicking on the category name in the drop down. e.g. If you go to Sys->Sys, it'll bring you here.

For the Adverts menu though, if you go to Adverts.ie->Adverts, it's an invalid link that brings you to here, rather than the Adverts homepage as you'd expect.
    Browser & OS: All
    Screen Resolution: n/a

Danke, will get that fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the button and menus and surrounds are way too big, it's like it zoomed in all the time, likes it's designed for aul wans :(

page up and down doesn't seem to work either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Might be handy to get screenshots of these uploaded. I'm having no trouble with it at the moment, but the laptop I'm on is set with a wide resolution.

No need, we know this is an issue with small resolutions :)
    keane2097 wrote: »
    The posts don't resize properly to match me widening/narrowing my browser window which makes it an immediate non-starter for me.

They should. Let's get technical - The minimum width is 960px wide, the max width is 1400px wide. Above these resolutions and you'll get spacing on the left and right. Below and you'll need scrollbars to see all the content.
    .ak wrote: »
    Type: Design
    Issue: I like the over all design, but the header seems a bit big, I know it leaves about the same space as before but because it follows the scroll it seems a little claustrophobic! :pac: Maybe if the 'screen lock' on the header was optional? If that makes sense. Over all though I really like it.
    Browser & OS: Chrome & Win7 [ work laptop ]
    Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 [ work laptop ]

At work so I'll check it out on my Mac when I get home.

The screen "lock", "sticky" header, or more correctly the fixed position header is optional but turned on by default. You can disable it by going here, scrolling to the end and checking the box that says "Disable Sticky Header" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Multiquote still makes you quote a post you don't necessarily want to :-

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

irish-stew wrote: »
    Read the first post. All of it.

;)

Thank you kind sir,

I actually really like the new look, but having white as the background for posts is a big no no.

Pale blue is so much easier to look at.

Or you could try a greyish colour, just not bright white :P

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It seemed slower for me, and coincidentally, it timed out, IE crashed, and I was logged out. This could just be me and my abysmally slow internet connection.

I would like a user cp quicklink as the old one has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Wow - this is nice :) Is a lot better than the old one, gonna be far easier to navigate. Good work Tony :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I like it better when I hold Ctrl and scroll down a notch with my mouse.

• Advertisement

Multiquote still makes you quote a post you don't necessarily want to :-

Multiquote does the same it always has, this is a new look not a new site. If you don't want to MQ a post, be sure to turn off MQ on the post in question. MQ selected posts carry across threads/forums by design :)

smash wrote: »
    I like it better when I hold Ctrl and scroll down a notch with my mouse.

Which is zoom in/out with Chrome (on Linux anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

it is a bit bright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

FanadMan wrote: »
    Wow - this is nice :) Is a lot better than the old one, gonna be far easier to navigate. Good work Tony :)

Oh, I can't take credit.
    I joined Boards at the end of this project and have just been helping it along to this point. Paddy, Danny, Ronan and the rest the boards.ie team are who did all the work getting it to where it is today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Boards.ie: Tony

Oryx wrote: »
    It seemed slower for me, and coincidentally, it timed out, IE crashed, and I was logged out. This could just be me and my abysmally slow internet connection.

I would like a user cp quicklink as the old one has.

If you mouse over your Username in the upper right, you'll see Control Panel (and some other useful quicklinks) in the lower half of that menu.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i duno... ill try it for a bit sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

:(

Possible bug: Clicking "My forums" still has white-space on the right hand side for ads, even though I have adblock installed. So it just goes 2/3 of the page width. (Running SRware Iron [based on chrome[] 19.0.1100.0).

Also is there any way to reduce the size of the floating header/nav bar? I think it takes up waaaay too much screen space when you take in to account the browsers tabs/address bar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

Looks good, going to take some getting use to but definitely more modern (is everyone using sharkfins for dropdowns now? :D) than the current one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

They should. Let's get technical - The minimum width is 960px wide, the max width is 1400px wide. Above these resolutions and you'll get spacing on the left and right. Below and you'll need scrollbars to see all the content.
    The space to the left and right is happening at much lower width's than 1400px. e.g:

boardsf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lilsparkle69

Looks much nicer :D yay! When will it change to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Stuxnet wrote: »
    think of all that wasted electricity used to blind you with the white light :-p ....darker colours are far better to look at and more efficient on your machine

Look up LCD technology - same power used no matter the colour ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Well, as I said, complete non-starter for me as it is.

Old:

oldtq.png

New:

newwx.png

The space to the left and right is happening at much lower width's than 1400px. e.g:

You just posted me an image that's 1650 pixels wide, so there are ~125px of padding on the left and right side

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,071 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Another possible bug (maybe same bug), that image massively overlaps the right hand box edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Lochaber

I like it, looking forward to seeing it in action properly. Not a massive change overall but it looks tidier. I especially like the hover over CP, very handy.

Spear wrote: »
    Another possible bug (maybe same bug), that image massively overlaps the right hand box edge.

Do you not think the behaviour is now better that only the image overlaps and doesn't extend the whole post, including quote/thank/edit buttons etc as it does on older styles? :)

Solution? Don't embed ridiculously large images ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

One small thing. In the old beta when you hover over the categories at the top it gave you the full list of forums and their sub-forums. Now when you hover over the categories you only get the main forums and you have to click down to get to the sub-forums. Can this be changed to how it was previously?

This thread is moving fast so apologies if it was but was this point addressed?

• Administrators Posts: 53,369 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Still, a URL would be nice - especially since I'm responsible for a piece of javascript that is meant to mitigate this browser retardedness and I cannot reproduce your issue.

Tony got in ahead of you with this issue. It's being looked at - thanks :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79431500#post79431500
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79371926#post79371926
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79377252#post79377252
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79300896#post79300896
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79347368#post79347368

Just tried 5 threads, repro'd in all 5 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Loving the new look, much better than the previous design!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Like it a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

You just posted me an image that's 1650 pixels wide, so there are ~125px of padding on the left and right side
    Indeed I did, I must be asleep this morning :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement