Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

petrol pump was pulled out of the ground!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

hondasam wrote: »
    They had to close down the petrol station to get it fixed?
    c'mon i know its donegal but they have more than one pump in a petrol station :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

huggy15 wrote: »
    didnt take too much effort at all

allmost effortless was it? :pac:

@yakult, whats the craic with that mr.trololo vid?

andyseadog wrote: »
    allmost effortless was it? :pac:
    for the car yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

damn, didn't know they are so weak to the ground, I noticed most of pumps are on tiles almost everywhere where I've been.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

c'mon i know its donegal but they have more than one pump in a petrol station :P

You drove away dismantling the pump so I'm assuming there was petrol everywhere, from a safety point of view that is very flammable and dangerous.
    I would imagine there was at least ten fire trucks there.
    You cannot expect us to believe they just carried on as normal, I know it's Donegal but they are not all stupid there.
    You will probably get billed for the FB as well now.

You drove away dismantling the pump so I'm assuming there was petrol everywhere, from a safety point of view that is very flammable and dangerous.
    You cannot expect us to believe they just carried on as normal, I know it's Donegal but they are not all stupid there.
    stop being bitchy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

stop being bitchy

How is that bitchy?

It did not happen as you said.

I always thought those pumps don't have petrol in them? so when you press trigger on handle it starts pumping from tank under ground somewhere or nearby, so literally for petrol to come out you need to hold handle for petrol to come? so if he pulled thing off there is no pump so petrol stays in reserve. Or I have wrong imagination how this **** works?

you should wipe your lips you know, they must be very brown at this stage with the amount of dung coming out

• Advertisement

you should wipe your lips you know, they must be very brown at this stage with the amount of dung coming out

i think she needs a nappy for her face, for all that sh1t shes talking!

:cool:

(use that one, its better ;) )

How is that bitchy?

It did not happen as you said.
    where you from then? " I know it's Donegal but they are not all stupid there", get of your high horse you muppet

arleitiss wrote: »
    I always thought those pumps don't have petrol in them? so when you press trigger on handle it starts pumping from tank under ground somewhere or nearby, so literally for petrol to come out you need to hold handle for petrol to come? so if he pulled thing off there is no pump so petrol stays in reserve. Or I have wrong imagination how this **** works?
    dont know how it works tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

You should go on the offensive and completely overreact! Scream and shout and ask why he is letting some random-er, who is clearly of stunted intelligence, fill your car with a flammable substance. Any damage this cuckoo's nest escapee may have caused would not be covered by his forecourt insurance. I bet his insurance company would be delighted to hear he is allowing the local slack jawed yokel near flammable substances and expensive machinery like your Almera. Furthermore, you are completely traumatised by the incident and could have been killed. He should count himself lucky he has not been charged with negligent homicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_dispenser

one part says:
    "A breakaway valve is also fitted to the hose to allow the nozzle and hose to break off and fuel flow to be stopped in the case a vehicle drives off with the nozzle still in the filler, although this is largely prevented today by the point-of-sale systems not allowing payment for fuel until the nozzle is returned to its holder."

:D

guess it wasn't upgraded :)

dchris wrote: »
    You should go on the offensive and completely overreact! Scream and shout and ask why he is letting some random-er, who is clearly of stunted intelligence, fill your car with a flammable substance. Any damage this cuckoo's nest escapee may have caused would not be covered by his forecourt insurance. I bet his insurance company would be delighted to hear he is allowing the local slack jawed yokel near flammable substances and expensive machinery like your Almera. Furthermore, you are completely traumatised by the incident and could have been killed. He should count himself lucky he has not been charged with negligent homicide.
    wna stand for me in court ??? :):) haha

one part says:
    "A breakaway valve is also fitted to the hose to allow the nozzle and hose to break off and fuel flow to be stopped in the case a vehicle drives off with the nozzle still in the filler, although this is largely prevented today by the point-of-sale systems not allowing payment for fuel until the nozzle is returned to its holder."

that might mean i actually have a case !! whoop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Didn't read entire thread, but what filling station was it?

one part says:

..... no, no petrol was pumped in this case, the apparent slow chap went in to authorise the pump, the OP drove off thinking twas done.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭dclifford

Please, please tell me that you asked for the €5 back. After all you never got any petrol and none of it was your fault. You might want to ask the solicitor where you stand on the matter of them not giving you a full refund. :D

7.8kwp South facing, Slane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

What if someone left a carrycot behind your car and you reversed over it OP?

This is no different.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

You drove off, without checking any of your mirrors, while the nozzel was attached to your car. You can mouth off about health and safety and break-away valves to your hearts content, it wont detract from your negligence, which what you would be sued for. -

If he takes you to court and he will sue for negligence -general damages such loss of amenity/business effacancy, inconvienence etc and special damages totaling the cost of repairs etc. He will win the case and the amount awarded will be reduced in line with any supposed contributory negligence on the petrol stations behalf (The kid, the health and safety). You will have to pay this figure and any legal costs incurred by the petrol station. The costs will hurt alot more than losing your no claims.

Or you can settle out of court and stop playing the victim on an online forum.

Cheers for the laugh though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Any chance you can get a copy of the CCTV fottage OP just so we can really ROFL.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 donna82

I haven't read all the replies for this post because i don't see where people are seeing the funny side and mocking the amount of petrol put into the car. I can honestly say i don't think you were in the wrong here. 1. what manager of a fueling station allows some randomer hang around pumping petrol 2. why did he have to go in to switch on the pump when he doesn't work there surely he's not allowed behind the counter and 3. People that are accusing you of negligence are prats Im sure they don't always do the mirror rule every time they pull away from a pump especially if its a busy station. I've been to busy pumps and you just need to get out of the way to allow other cars in no time to do a full mirror check.
    And seriously who would leave a carrycot behind a random car infairness chances are you wouldn't see it if you did check all the mirrors. Next people will be saying you should have walked around the whole car before taking off. Gob****es.

You drove off, without checking any of your mirrors, while the nozzel was attached to your car. You can mouth off about health and safety and break-away valves to your hearts content, it wont detract from your negligence, which what you would be sued for. -

If he takes you to court and he will sue for negligence -general damages such loss of amenity/business effacancy, inconvienence etc and special damages totaling the cost of repairs etc. He will win the case and the amount awarded will be reduced in line with any supposed contributory negligence on the petrol stations behalf (The kid, the health and safety). You will have to pay this figure and any legal costs incurred by the petrol station. The costs will hurt alot more than losing your no claims.

Or you can settle out of court and stop playing the victim on an online forum.

Cheers for the laugh though.
    read the whole article before you start working your mouth off fool. what are you on about kid and all? i only came looking for advice and you gave it but no need to go about it like a twat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

sounds like the pump was not set in the ground properly. It is a rubber hose connected to a unit which I assume is concreted into the ground. The hose/connector should have given away first!
    Is this you? :)

http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/the-cost-of-driving-away-with-the-gas-pump/

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Huggy15, can you make your point without the language and insults?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

What petrol station was it?

gatecrash wrote: »
    What petrol station was it?
    goal petrol station letterkenny

• Advertisement

i still can't figure out how people find this hard to believe, i looked around and then in my rear view mirror and watched the pump attendant walk away after standing by the pump for about a minute or two with the nozzle in the car. most people would have assumed that he had put the petrol in and that was that. it is the first time ever i have come across having to go into the shop to turn the pump on,usually they stand by the pump until the person in the shop turns it on, there is a buzzer in the shop which tells the person that someone is looking to use the pump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement