Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

petrol pump was pulled out of the ground!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    It makes about as much difference as a fuel pump costs roughly
    explain yourself????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

huggy15 wrote: »
    well if its on camera does it make much difference if i admit partial or any blame? i dont think so....enjoying the banter :)

get a copy of the footage and upload it please.

i looked over my left shoulder checking my blind spot and see if he was finished, wasnt hard to see from there that nothing was coming. its only a small forecourt, it is donegal you know :P

.... as well as the blind spot what's shown in the mirror is worth viewing, seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Ahh the "Shurrre everyone else does it " arguement.

Well played, well played.

But no not really or we shouldn't need street lighting for all the burning forecourts we would have and i don't think we actually have enough simpletons for the task, although in a fix we could call on leinster house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

i never checked the mirrors shoot me down!! if every one on here says they would have checked then yous are a pack of liars :O

No men always check the mirrors, us women on the other hand only use the mirrors for applying make up. :p

• Advertisement

Ahh the "Shurrre everyone else does it " arguement.

Well played, well played.

But no not really or we shouldn't need street lighting for all the burning forecourts we would have and i don't think we actually have enough simpletons for the task, although in a fix we could call on leinster house.
    haha lovin it :)

if i were them with their fiver of fuel in fairness i'd probably be driving around with me mirrors folded in and me windows wound up for aerodynamic purposes.

there goes the seeing and hearing of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Listen, its a mistake, and assumptions get us all in trouble, all the time. But there is no doubt in my mind that this is the OPs fault.

I never let anyone pump my fuel, purely because I want to control the whole process.

I never let anyone pump my fuel, purely because I want to control the whole process.

You must be hard to live with.

explain yourself????

There is a reason on the back of your insurance sisk holder it says right at the top to never admit any liability.

This happens you take the view that you didn't check your mirror and it was kinda your fault and the forecourt owner admits nothing then regardless his insurance company will contact yours and it will be settled on the grounds of admitting liability.

Claim ignorance and no liability and he fixes his crappy pump you fix w/e damage your car has.

• Advertisement

hondasam wrote: »
    You must be hard to live with.

I'm a joy to live with, I just don't like anyone doing anything to my car. Even the NCT is a small bit of torture for me. :)

andyseadog wrote: »
    if i were them with their fiver of fuel in fairness i'd probably be driving around with me mirrors folded in and me windows wound up for aerodynamic purposes.

there goes the seeing and hearing of the problem.
    good one lad i must say very comical, you are a natural. get on that stage you were made for it honestly!

There is a reason on the back of your insurance sisk holder it says right at the top to never admit any liability.

This happens you take the view that you didn't check your mirror and it was kinda your fault and the forecourt owner admits nothing then regardless his insurance company will contact yours and it will be settled on the grounds of admitting liability.

Claim ignorance and no liability and he fixes his crappy pump you fix w/e damage your car has.
    but who did i admit to that i didnt check the mirrors? only on this so you are contradicting yourself

I'm a joy to live with, I just don't like anyone doing anything to my car. Even the NCT is a small bit of torture for me. :)

Really you in love with it or something?

What are you into so I can ridicule it? :)

good one lad i must say very comical, you are a natural. get on that stage you were made for it honestly!

spent a few years working with cars, studying to be an architect now, comedy is just something i pursue in my spare time :)

out of interest what do you do?

but who did i admit to that i didnt check the mirrors? only on this so you are contradicting yourself

You said on the last page you were going to have to replace the pump and you said you contacted the gardai and gave a statement.

Way it will work if you admit any type of liability is that the Gardai will require you go give the garage owner your insurance details and it will go from there.

Admit nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

I know I shouldn't, but I'm in absolute choking fits of laughter since I saw the first post. Pics or it didn't happen. :D

While it was a stupid mistake, it was an easy one to do. Op has probably been through the process of being refuelled so many times before that on this occasion thought nothing was different, that the job was done and went to drive off.

As has been mentioned, the nozzles of the pumps should be made from an intrinsically safe material which should snap off in the event of an accident. Either it wasn't or else the pump wasn't secured to the ground properly.

What are you into so I can ridicule it? :)

You are no match for me. :p
    Anything I'm into I control.

it's about how the attendant doesn't lift the nozzle out turning it upside down as they go and they end up getting them little drips of petrol down the wing isn't it :mad:

• Advertisement

It's more about knowing that a vehicle with 1000's of tiny moving parts that have been made by the lowest bidder that will be flying along the road at 60mph with yourself and your family in it is working as intended i would imagine.

it's about how the attendant doesn't lift the nozzle out turning it upside down as they go and they end up getting them little drips of petrol down the wing isn't it :mad:

This made me laugh more than the OP's post. :D

There's that, there's over charging, underfilling, dragging the hose across the bootlid, the lack of receipt, the language barrier in some cases. I usually drive to the pump furthest from the attendant. :P

spent a few years working with cars, studying to be an architect now, comedy is just something i pursue in my spare time :)

out of interest what do you do?
    forget the architecture lad you are the next alan carr, bet you even have the voice haha i can picture you now :)
    sorry but im not really in the business of sharing my personal interests with people i dont know

forget the architecture lad you are the next alan carr, bet you even have the voice haha i can picture you now :)
    sorry but im not really in the business of sharing my personal interests with people i dont know

just your personal mishaps is it?

David09 wrote: »
    I know I shouldn't, but I'm in absolute choking fits of laughter since I saw the first post. Pics or it didn't happen. :D

While it was a stupid mistake, it was an easy one to do. Op has probably been through the process of being refuelled so many times before that on this occasion thought nothing was different, that the job was done and went to drive off.

As has been mentioned, the nozzles of the pumps should be made from an intrinsically safe material which should snap off in the event of an accident. Either it wasn't or else the pump wasn't secured to the ground properly.
    couldnt agree more!!! done the exact same thing as i did any other time, seems i was just very unfortunate!!!

i'm genuinely going to stop now, and i do apologise. its all only in banter, but your walking yourself into them.

just your personal mishaps is it?
    nah already said i was only looking advice alan

i'm genuinely going to stop now, and i do apologise. its all only in banter, but your walking yourself into them.
    by all means take the piss all you want as long as it makes you happy :) alan your a bit of a ledge it has to be said

• Advertisement

If she was walking she would not have this problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement