Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

petrol pump was pulled out of the ground!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭lau1247

huggy15 wrote: »
    i know i should have checked my side mirror but i didnt so theres not much i can do about that!

that kinda answer the part about who is at fault, no??

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

what difference does it make if it was only a fiver, if you are in town and need fuel and thats all you have on you would you not put it in? or would it be too much of an "embarrassment" for you? bit of an egotistical prat den so

i was only looking for advice not a full scale lecture lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

:D

Ask for a copy the CCTV footage and put it up on Youtube, with a bit of luck it'll cover the costs.

do you know i think this is actually sound advice :pac: its so crazy it just might work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

There is plenty of advice here!

Contact your insurer
    Make sure the petrol pump was designed to accepted standards
    Try to make money off YouTube.

• Advertisement

to be fair i really think your lucky to not be on the 6.01 news in the form of a mushroom cloud or some such!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

The image of a woman driving a Nissan Almera down the road with a fuel pump trailing behind it and some random guy chasing the car with a 2c coin yelling "Your Change, Your Change!!!" just entered my head, oh god i would love that CCTV footage

:D

Ask for a copy the CCTV footage and put it up on Youtube, with a bit of luck it'll cover the costs.
    not a bad plan actually haha i would imagine it would be quite entertaining hmmmmmmm

yeah thats what the guard said, definitely gona get in contact with the solicitor but.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

The young fella dispensing the fuel is an employee, he probably takes less than minimum wage so he doesn't go through the books, if anything happens, the owner tell him to pretend he doesn't work there and stand beside the wall.

The OP is in the wrong but the garage owner should take some of the responsibility.

• Advertisement

ny damage to your car,i would have fun with that fella believe me.
    yeah around the filler cap, it pulled it out a fair bit and now it wont close. i went to the guards after it happened but they said it was nothing to do with them, civil case or something?
    might play the same game as him and lodge a complaint about damage to my car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

yeah thats what the guard said, definitely gona get in contact with the solicitor but.

It can be unwise to speak to the Gardai without a solicitor present.

You should have refused to make any statement - you are not obliged to, and let the garage owner sue you. He has to prove you did the damage. You do not have to prove you did not.

Sacramento wrote: »
    If the lad doesn't even work there, and he was the one the owner allowed to "operate" the pumps, then I'd say they could be at fault in the eyes of the law. There's procedures for things like this in most customer service related jobs and I'd agree with the OP that there was no need to put the pump into the car while it was turned off. Also if he is a pump attendant (payed or not) he really shouldn't be leaving a pump unattended while it was still in a customers car, kinda defeats the purpose of the job...

Also why are people whinging at the OP for buying 5 euro of petrol? He can buy whatever amount of it he likes surely? I can see how he was buying such a small amount that when he saw the attendant put the pump in the car that by the time he'd gone into the shop and come back it'd be done. Though why he didn't bother to check the pump wasn't still in the car before he set off is beyond me tbh.

Aren't you supposed to check your mirrors before you pull away anyway? :P
    any person i have talked to about it reckons he shouldnt have put the nozzle into the car until the pump turns on and even though he did, that he shouldnt have left the car unattended if the nozzle was still in the car and he wasnt finished. the guy is a known simpleton, i know i drove off fair enough but what does a reputable garage in the middle of letterkenny have some clown filling its customers cars

Pkiernan wrote: »
    It can be unwise to speak to the Gardai without a solicitor present.

You should have refused to make any statement - you are not obliged to, and let the garage owner sue you. He has to prove you did the damage. You do not have to prove you did not.
    he has camera footage, i still gave the statement cos i feel i did nothing wrong

any person i have talked to about it reckons he shouldnt have put the nozzle into the car until the pump turns on and even though he did, that he shouldnt have left the car unattended if the nozzle was still in the car and he wasnt finished. the guy is a known simpleton, i know i drove off fair enough but what does a reputable garage in the middle of letterkenny have some clown filling its customers cars

you are in no position to make those statments, you could have left a smouldering crater in Letterkenny today!

He was no more wrong or right than you are.

yet-another-women-driver-demotivational-poster-1204141432.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What sort of clown drives off without checking the pump was disengaged from the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Christ this has to be a joke, some tool wants 3.5litres of fuel and somehow in the process destroys a fuel pump, then posts about it as the "victim" on the internets.. The OP is either mentally handicapped or this is a troll.
    Matt, you took the words out of my mouth! OOh Betty! is the only thing that comes to mind!:D And he calls you a prat!!!! I'm actually rolling on the floor laughing, no really, I am. Best laugh in years!:D

Pottler wrote: »
    Matt, you took the words out of my mouth! OOh Betty! is the only thing that comes to mind!:D And he calls you a prat!!!! I'm actually rolling on the floor laughing, no really, I am. Best laugh in years!:D

you'r certainly not alone :D

147816.gif

He's across on After hours posting about the madser that drove off with his pump after buying a fiver:D Known simpleton, stop, please stop, my ribs can't take it.:D

• Advertisement

Well I can tell you one thing for free, I wouldn't be handing over money to known simpletons so they could play with petrol pumps near my car.

He's across on After hours posting about the madser that drove off with his pump after buying a fiver:D Known simpleton, stop, please stop, my ribs can't take it.:D
    bet your one of them lads who lies in behind the computer hours on end with little or no life. young and your little cyber play mates can laugh away, i didnt check my mirror whoop! **** happens, get over it. first time on boards and think it will be my last, it seems there is nothing too many retards on this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Then they are all wrong as the fuel pump won't send the signal to the till to authorize it until it is picked up, which means if he had to go do that he either leaves the lump in the tank or on the ground.

Sacramento wrote: »
    Well I can tell you one thing for free, I wouldn't be handing over money to known simpletons so they could play with petrol pumps near my car.
    the car is nothing special and never really expected some one to be that thick that they couldnt put petrol in without a mishap

bet your one of them lads who lies in behind the computer hours on end with little or no life. young and your little cyber play mates can laugh away, i didnt check my mirror whoop! **** happens, get over it. first time on boards and think it will be my last, it seems there is nothing too many retards on this

you just pulled a full petrol pump clean out of the ground, with your car, "fuel spurting out of the ground"...

must. stop. laughing........somehow....:D

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Then they are all wrong as the fuel pump won't send the signal to the till to authorize it until it is picked up, which means if he had to go do that he either leaves the lump in the tank or on the ground.
    should he not have just put the pump back in its place then until the fella in the shop cleared the pump? thinking he could have at least told me it would be a minute because he had to turn it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

andyseadog wrote: »
    you just pulled a full petrol pump clean out of the ground, with your car, "fuel spurting out of the ground"...

But why male models?

must. stop. laughing........somehow....:D
    this just confirms my previous reply, a saturday night and you are stuck waffling over some forum. such an interesting life you lead mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Something I can't seem to click with, How the hell did the pump come out of the ground?!?

Aren't they supposed to be bolted tight to the ground?

Also, the attendant walked away and left the nozzle in the car while he went to turn on the pump. Isn't that kind of dangerous?

However, there are a few grounds for you to stand on but is it really worth all the hassel, you could pursue that route and end up costing yourself more that bargained for.

It would be much easier to get it fixed out of your insurance and forget about it!

Oh and next time check your mirrors when at the tank :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement