Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

petrol pump was pulled out of the ground!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭audi a4 2008

i love this tread even better if its true,all i want to know was it worth puting just over 3 litres of petrol in the car :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

huggy15 wrote: »
    yeah its a bit harsh but he clearly didnt have a notion what he was doing

There was a pair of ye in it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

this thread should be stickied!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭huggy15

hondasam wrote: »
    I don't know when I laughed so much.
    why did you get out to pay him? he would have come to you when he was finished filling the €5 which would take him 20 seconds.
    I would say it's 50/50 blame here.
    i can definitely see the comical side of this if it happened to some one else i would have a right laugh haha but having to fork out to fix the pump isnt as funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Stheno wrote: »
    What sort of clown drives off without checking the pump was disengaged from the car?

This sums up the entire thread. I don't care if Jimmy the local crossdresser put the nozzle in, the OP drove off with it still in the car. Dunno what the legal stand point is, but in my view pay up. Idiocy.

• Advertisement

i can definitely see the comical side of this if it happened to some one else i would have a right laugh haha but having to fork out to fix the pump isnt as funny!

going to edit this one, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

Was this the attendant?

I'm not sure you will have to pay, the garage has to have insurance.
    It's sounds like something out of a rambo film and €5 of petrol just made me laugh, how long would that last you?

how long would that last you?

just long enough to start the engine and coast off the forecourt :cool:

i only came to boards for a bit of advice, jeez if you think it WAS my fault fair enough say it but keep the rest of your opinions to yourself because tbh i dont really care

• Advertisement

This sums up the entire thread. I don't care if Jimmy the local crossdresser put the nozzle in, the OP drove off with it still in the car. Dunno what the legal stand point is, but in my view pay up. Idiocy.

In her defence she though he had finished putting the petrol in so she drove off, perfectly normal thing to do actually.
    If she had waited to pay him after he had finished it would not have happened.
    I don't know anyone who gets out to check the car or pumps after some one fills petrol for them.
    I can't remember the last time anyone filled diesel for me in any petrol station.

i only came to boards for a bit of advice, jeez if you think it WAS my fault fair enough say it but keep the rest of your opinions to yourself because tbh i dont really care

Don't worry, Motors isn't normally like this, it's after 2am on a Saturday morning, you're gonna get a few rogue posters at this time. :)

In her defence she though he had finished putting the petrol in so she drove off, perfectly normal thing to do actually.
    I don't know anyone who gets out to check the car or pumps after some one fills petrol for them.
    I can't remember the last time anyone filled diesel for me in any petrol station.

Gets out? Are you serious? I'd love to see how you negotiate roundabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭johnner09

sorry to say OP but you brought this on yourself:o.. but i have to admit it`s good reading:P

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭dchris

Did you tear off without looking in-case he looked for a tip?

Gets out? Are you serious? I'd love to see how you negotiate roundabouts.

English please and I might understand you.

I usually go round them, works for anyway.

... no need to get out if you have mirrors, also its quite audible when the nozzle is removed and the cap replaced.

English please and I might understand you.

I usually go round them, works for anyway.

If you genuinely can't understand the post it explains alot. Ironically you left out a word, voodoo just had an s at the end of get.

RoverJames wrote: »
    ... no need to get out if you have mirrors, also its quite audible when the nozzle is removed and the cap replaced.

she might have had the radio on and not hear anything. She is not totally at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

if its looking like i am going to have to pay some or all of the bill id rather try work out an arrangement with him, leave insurance companies out of it if all possible!! yeah its a bit harsh but he clearly didnt have a notion what he was doing

Things like this happen there a massive pain, it's your call to try and settle it between you, personally I think you should contact your insurance company right now and give all the details as you were involved in an accident, your premium will only go up if your liable and even then it was a petrol pump not as if there rare or hard to get hold of it wont go up that much.

she might have had the radio on and not hear anything. She is not totally at fault.
    i did have the radio on, wouldnt have heard the pump any way. as soon as i seen him walk towards the shop i thought the job was done and took of as most people would have...but im sure one of these keyboard warriors will disagree lol

... and the mirrors?

i did have the radio on, wouldnt have heard the pump any way. as soon as i seen him walk towards the shop i thought the job was done and took of as most people would have...but im sure one of these keyboard warriors will disagree lol

... you generally move off without checking its safe to do so?

As alot have said we would have checked our mirrors.

I would seriously atleast try and take something positive from the thread rather than just assume we are all retards/cowboys/simpletons and pussys who are trying to make you look silly when you are complaining about the situation yet about to sign a blank cheque for fixing a pump outside your insurance by admiting even partial liability.

i looked over my left shoulder checking my blind spot and see if he was finished, wasnt hard to see from there that nothing was coming. its only a small forecourt, it is donegal you know :P

keyboard warrior :pac:

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    As alot have said we would have checked our mirrors.

I would seriously atleast try and take something positive from the thread rather than just assume we are all retards/cowboys/simpletons and pussys who are trying to make you look silly when you are complaining about the situation yet about to sign a blank cheque for fixing a pump outside your insurance by admiting even partial liability.
    well if its on camera does it make much difference if i admit partial or any blame? i dont think so....enjoying the banter :)

well if its on camera does it make much difference if i admit partial or any blame? i dont think so....enjoying the banter :)

It makes about as much difference as a fuel pump costs roughly

• Advertisement

i never checked the mirrors shoot me down!! if every one on here says they would have checked then yous are a pack of liars :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement