Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Revenge" - RTE Pace [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Not convinced Declan is dead - habeas corpus? - seems like the writers were leaving it open for him to be brought back for shock/twist value...

why was Declan in the building? must have missed that as last bit I remember had Victoria telling him to leave the campaigning HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

thought the last few episodes were better than the start of the season. I know the plot is ridiculous in places but that's what makes it entertaining :P Looking forward to season 3 (i'm possibly only one of a few actually looking forward to it :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

123 LC wrote: »
    thought the last few episodes were better than the start of the season. I know the plot is ridiculous in places but that's what makes it entertaining :P Looking forward to season 3 (i'm possibly only one of a few actually looking forward to it :P)

I'm looking forward to it as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

rockbeast wrote: »
    Not convinced Declan is dead - habeas corpus? - seems like the writers were leaving it open for him to be brought back for shock/twist value...

why was Declan in the building? must have missed that as last bit I remember had Victoria telling him to leave the campaigning HQ.

Charlotte told him on the phone she was there with Daniel but she was lying as she was with Regina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Charlotte told him on the phone she was there with Daniel but she was lying as she was with Regina

okay, will watch again BUT still don't think he'll "stay dead":)

• Advertisement

rockbeast wrote: »
    okay, will watch again BUT still don't think he'll "stay dead":)

I think he is defo dead, the actor wasn't happy with the axe so bad blood between him and the show no return is likely

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Lockedout wrote: »
    I wont be watching season three. Acting is terrible. Writing is so so. Conrad/Victoria-one dimensional relationship. You have to dig deep for good Tv these days but it is there-Breaking Bad for instance.

As for those of you who hope it will go back to its roots-wont happen. Once they introduced the "initiative"-was a sure sign they had no ideas left.

If I had a gun I would have put Jack out of his misery.

This show will never be designed to compete with Breaking Bad, its just soapy ridiculous fun.

Shows like this always have to make a decision come season 2, stick with the original format (be accused of being boring and stagnant) or expand the show like Revenge is doing and then be accused of straying from the shows concept and ruining the premise of the show.

Its always lose-lose from one perspective or another.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

Mister R wrote: »
    This show will never be designed to compete with Breaking Bad, its just soapy ridiculous fun.

Shows like this always have to make a decision come season 2, stick with the original format (be accused of being boring and stagnant) or expand the show like Revenge is doing and then be accused of straying from the shows concept and ruining the premise of the show.

Its always lose-lose from one perspective or another.

Usually when a show goes to Season 3/4 it loses spark as the writers must extend basic creative idea to breaking point. Not season 2. This show is just too dependent on plot twists . It should slow down to focus on characters. There are no morally grey characters in this show.

Anyway-to put in context 90% of TV is ****-and its not the worst form of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Anyone know when new series begins on rte?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Lockedout wrote: »
    Usually when a show goes to Season 3/4 it loses spark as the writers must extend basic creative idea to breaking point. Not season 2. This show is just too dependent on plot twists . It should slow down to focus on characters. There are no morally grey characters in this show.

Anyway-to put in context 90% of TV is ****-and its not the worst form of it.

I feel Emily is the biggest moral grey area, in life people talk about forgiveness and not being vengeful and she totally is.

Also Victoria has tons of fans and it can be argued while she covered up the David Clarke thing she didn't want to.

Even now this season with the Priest it shows people aren't all black and white.

If Season 2 had the same format as Season 1 (i.e. one Revenge a week) people may have gotten bored. The initiative thing reminds me of how the Source became more prevelent in Charmed starting in S2 and being the focus of S3 and 4 rather than the previous vanquish one demon an episode format.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Anyone know when new series begins on rte?

I heard January but not sure.

Starting next week as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Starting next week as far as I know.

Yep, on Monday on Channel 4 at 9pm or Tuesday on RTE2 at 10pm I think or it could be 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

The one upping of channel 4 has begun

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭brick man

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Yep, on Monday on Channel 4 at 9pm or Tuesday on RTE2 at 10pm I think or it could be 9pm

A double episode starts @ 9pm Tuesday on RTE 2 so this will put it ahead of Channel 4

I like the double episodes, less dragged out, my internet isn't good enough to watch it online so it means we aren't that far behind those that can.

A rare good idea from RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I like the double episodes, less dragged out, my internet isn't good enough to watch it online so it means we aren't that far behind those that can.

A rare good idea from RTE.

Double episodes are for only one week as Grey's Anatomy is on the following week as Sky Living are 1 up on them.

Double episodes are for only one week as Grey's Anatomy is on the following week as Sky Living are 1 up on them.

DAMMIT !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

DAMMIT !!!!!

Glad to have helped :D

I thought Jack had forgiven Emily when they kissed and they would both take on the Graysons but alas not to be.

Surprised Aiden has switched sides.

An average enough first 2 eposides but nothing to write home about so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

its all just to DRAGGGGGED out,should have killed them all of at the end of 2nd series. boring now.

The show really needs to kill off Charlotte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Sparko

I'm watching out of habit but not overwhelmed by it yet. The dialogue is just so clunky and heavy on exposition that I have to laugh at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A load of rubbish.
    Definitely need to kill at least Charlotte if not all of them.

And some very ropey dialogue... but I guess I'll keep watching for another while, even if it is just for the gratuitous shots of Justin Hartley in a towel! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

Double episodes tomorrow too. Grey's Anatomy now starts on the 21st.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/listings_rtetwo.html

brian_t wrote: »
    Double episodes tomorrow too. Grey's Anatomy now starts on the 21st.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/listings_rtetwo.html

That will put it a bit ahead of E4.

I think the show might be running out of steam a bit, hopefully I'm wrong and it will pick up the pace over the next 2 episodes.

I wonder is Padma in this series, seeing as she framed Nolan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

wasn't Padma killed off? Her head on a plate or something?

Nolan's outfits really camped up this season :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

That will put it a bit ahead of E4.

I think the show might be running out of steam a bit, hopefully I'm wrong and it will pick up the pace over the next 2 episodes.

I wonder is Padma in this series, seeing as she framed Nolan.

She definitely won't be in this season as she was killed in the previous one by the initiative
    mel.b wrote: »
    wasn't Padma killed off? Her head on a plate or something?

I don't recall her head being on a plate but I do know that she was definitely killed

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    She definitely won't be in this season as she was killed in the previous one by the initiative

I don't recall her head being on a plate but I do know that she was definitely killed

Yeah I remember that but I thought she faked her death and framed Nolan.

Advertisement