Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Revenge" - RTE Pace [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did Emily not tell her that her dad was framed?
    Not yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Figured she would've done all that when they were swapping identities. Though I suppose she wouldn't want the whole thing blown if fake Amanda started telling people he was framed

Where's Hank Lawson when all this is going on?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

absolutly loving this programme.. but it is so predictable!!!
    charlotte is her half sister :O something like that was bound to happen!! but still love it :D

Where's Hank Lawson when all this is going on?

:pac:

I'm a bit behind on what's happening with him, but I'm guessing he's trying to keep Evan out of trouble and will turn up in time to save Daniel using a straw and a belt.

Who thinks Amanda is the one who shot Daniel?

And good job Charlotte's David and Victoria's child and not Daniel. That would be awkward. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^delighted yáll are seeing what we saw @ US pace...a terrific and adicting soap opera. Y'all need to move to US pace for season 2 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

^delighted yáll are seeing what we saw @ US pace...a terrific and adicting soap opera. Y'all need to move to US pace for season 2 :-)

RTE pace = 22 episodes over 12 weeks ..(19 June 2012 - 11 Sept 2012)

US pace = 22 episodes over 35 weeks ..(21 Sept 2011 - 23 May 2012)

I'm happy enough with RTE pace.

I'm a bit behind on what's happening with him, but I'm guessing he's trying to keep Evan out of trouble and will turn up in time to save Daniel using a straw and a belt.
    MacGyver Medical

Instead of HankMed:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Thank you RTE, in your adverts for this show you completely gave away that Emily was going to burn yer mans house down.

I don't know why RTE do this- with 45 minutes of screentime to pick from they have an awful habit of picking key moments from the episode for their ads. (I base this on my experience as a Prison Break and Lost fan with which they used to constantly do the same thing)

Advertising the current episode you're watching is bad enough, but I've seen them advertise the next week's episode in the last ad break giving away the ending of the episode.

The worst was Lost when one week their trailer for the next episode had
    The scene when Desmond told Charlie he was going to die. Even worse was that was the very last scene of the next episode
    Thankfully I'd already seen the episode on Sky.

Good job I just fast forward through the ads now, though to be honest it was telegraphed pretty well that she was going to burn down the house and leave Amanda's lighter
    "Hey look at Amanda playing with her lighter all the time!"
    "Ah so that's the only copy of the memoirs"
    "Oh he likes to smoke"
    "Look at all those tapes about David Clarke!"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭bull_ring

enjoying this show

the main protagonist amanda is a pretty unlikeable charechter , were it not for the fact that the people she is trying to bring down are so ghastly ( in a respectable upper middle class way ) , id hate her

Was sure Charlotte would overhear who her dad was then it would become confusing with her believing Amanda was her sister and Emily not being able to say otherwise.

Glad to see Amanda gone, though at least they got everything sorted between Emily and Amanda. So she has her to help if need be. At the same time, it would be good to have her staying to help now she knows the truth

Well Victoria proved to be a bigger b!tch by claiming she was raped by David. Not only for the lie itself, but I'm sure hearing Charlotte is a result of rape would make Daniel look at her very differently than if he knew it was consensual, not to mention how Charlotte could react if she hears the lie.

Back to double episode next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

ashleec4 wrote: »
    absolutly loving this programme.. but it is so predictable!!!
    charlotte is her half sister :O something like that was bound to happen!! but still love it :D

To be honest it was a surprise to me but you are right-you aint my Daddy is a typical soap ploy. These days you expect them to up the ante-" Im not a woman-Im a man!"

brian_t wrote: »
    RTE pace = 22 episodes over 12 weeks ..(19 June 2012 - 11 Sept 2012)

US pace = 22 episodes over 35 weeks ..(21 Sept 2011 - 23 May 2012)

I'm happy enough with RTE pace.

I thought the double episodes was too much. I over dosed a bit and there is very little good TV at the moment!

Lockedout wrote: »
    I thought the double episodes was too much. I over dosed a bit and there is very little good TV at the moment!

As CastorTroy pointed out they are back next week.

9.00pm is a bit early for me at this time of year - I usually record them and watch them later.

I don't mind double episodes, because I can just record and watch at my own pace before the next 2. If I was watching live then it may be a bit long.

One thing about RTE that kind of annoys me is how they do the ads. The first break could last 5 mins(probably an exaggeration) then the next break could be over in a minute. Just really strange. Just annoying because when I fast forward through them, the show's usually restarted before I realise it.

Yeah, I know, I have much to worry about, if that annoys me. :P

I don't mind double episodes, because I can just record and watch at my own pace before the next 2. If I was watching live then it may be a bit long.

One thing about RTE that kind of annoys me is how they do the ads. The first break could last 5 mins(probably an exaggeration) then the next break could be over in a minute. Just really strange. Just annoying because when I fast forward through them, the show's usually restarted before I realise it.

As George Smiley said-people betray their country over poor office space so your worries are just as valid!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

I knew the ads were too short

For anyone who hasn't been following properly, on Wednesday 22nd August at 1.10am RTE2 is showing "Revenge - From the Begining".

A special recap episode that looks back over everything that has happened in the Hamptons during the season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's hard to work out how Emily feels about Daniel, if she really is in love with him or using him to get at Victoria.

• Advertisement

Think she has fallen for him but her hatred for Victoria beats any other emotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I thought the double episode tonight was brilliant. There was a lot to take in and a lot of real dramatic points throughout it.

I was thinking during the 2nd episode that it might not be Daniel who gets shot on the beach. It just seemed like the type of series that would lead you to believe something for a while (which it did very well since episode 1) and then completely change the perspective of it. It would have been too much of a sudden ending for Daniel after just finding out that Emily is not what she seems and then thinking that she only wants him for the family name.

Also I'm not sure if I have missed something during the series, but when Emily says that her and Daniel are having a "thing", and Ashley says "same thing as always?"...what are they talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭vgv

It's hard to work out how Emily feels about Daniel, if she really is in love with him or using him to get at Victoria.

Well I think last nights episode shone some light on that.Her love for him is very much conditional on what he can do for her.She wasnt too keen on the idea of eloping with him because it would ruin her careful plans.She is shrewd and controlling.Although with the help of his mother Daniel is beginning to suss out how she really feels about him.What she has for him is more like a growing respect because he has shown her genuine affection and behaved like a gentleman towards her.But if he wasnt a Thorn she wouldn't go near him.

vgv wrote: »
    Well I think last nights episode shone some light on that.Her love for him is very much conditional on what he can do for her.She wasnt too keen on the idea of eloping with him because it would ruin her careful plans.She is shrewd and controlling.Although with the help of his mother Daniel is beginning to suss out how she really feels about him.What she has for him is more like a growing respect because he has shown her genuine affection and behaved like a gentleman towards her.But if he wasnt a Thorn she wouldn't go near him.

I disagree. I think she does love him but she loves her plan for revenge more. I think Victoria's lie about her father being a rapist put her back on track. If you recall she seemed to be in two minds about continuing or was at least thinking of pausing the plan.
    Its brilliant TV. The acting can be a bit hammy but the writing is top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

brian_t wrote: »
    4 Revenge - 211,000

6 Revenge - 149,000
    The higher ranked Revenge episode was the second one of that evening starting at 9.50pm.
    60,000 people all over the country "ah bollox, revenge is on!!!"

Just wondering, were we ever told what happened Emily's mum? I'm assuming she died otherwise Emily would've moved to live with her after her dad was arrested.

Just wondering, were we ever told what happened Emily's mum? I'm assuming she died otherwise Emily would've moved to live with her after her dad was arrested.
    Never mentioned...

Also I'm not sure if I have missed something during the series, but when Emily says that her and Daniel are having a "thing", and Ashley says "same thing as always?"...what are they talking about?
    Yea, that part wasn't clear, I'd need to watch it again. It wasn't anything important anyway.

Story is full of holes.

Story is full of holes.

Holes = potential for future plot development

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ashleec4

Have finished the whole serious a friend go it off the Internet.. Absolutely brilliant!! I won't ruin it for anyone!! A good few thing are very unpredictable :O happy watching!!

Advertisement