Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Revenge" - RTE Pace [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's back ... but not on RTE first. E4 showed a S1 recap episode, then the first S2 episode, tonight, and C4 and E4 will be repeating them later in the week. RTE shows the first two episodes Tuesday (tomorrow).

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

bnt wrote: »
    It's back ... but not on RTE first. E4 showed a S1 recap episode, then the first S2 episode, tonight, and C4 and E4 will be repeating them later in the week. RTE shows the first two episodes Tuesday (tomorrow).
    They showed the recap on RTE tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 85,120 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 2 starts with a double bill on RTE 2 tonight at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hope this season is as good as the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Anyway, I watched the 1st episode last night, and am about to watch the 2nd now. I like that they didn't try too hard to hide
    that Victoria is still alive
    , it wasn't too hard to see that coming.

I think I like the series because it's illogical, unrealistic, implausible, round the bend, up the wall, and over the top. Great escapism. :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement

bnt wrote: »
    Anyway, I watched the 1st episode last night, and am about to watch the 2nd now. I like that they didn't try too hard to hide
    that Victoria is still alive
    , it wasn't too hard to see that coming.

I think I like the series because it's illogical, unrealistic, implausible, round the bend, up the wall, and over the top. Great escapism. :p
    I have only watched the first episode tonight. Its not that illogical and it is an absolute beastly programme!!! I'm addicted to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Well, thoughts anyone?

I quite enjoyed it but getting slightly confused with all the convoluted story lines, particularly surrounding Victoria.

Jack's brother is certainly being set up for something (by Daniel perhaps?) by agreeing to 'mind' that bracelet.

Loving Nolan's new look!

I still think Nolan has a wee crush on Jack (who can blame him) and loving him and Emily living together now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ye can watch <SNIP> for those who dont want to wait. The links from <SNIP> are the best HD episodes.

Mod Edit: No Streaming Sites. Please familiarise yourself with the forum charter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

I just realised that this show had started back already. How far in are we??

• Advertisement

Lockedout wrote: »

3rd episode of Season 2 aired last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

A double bill and then a single ep.

Is it on the player?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

You can still catch episode 2 on E4 tomorrow evening.

I think they are only on the RTE player for a week.

Thanks for that. Have set the record for Ep2 on E4. If anybody knows where I can get EP one legally let me know!

Saw episode 1. Hard to get back into it. Wonder if its going to gt too convoluted?The Jap guy is OTT.

Saw episode 1. Hard to get back into it. Wonder if its going to gt too convoluted?The Jap guy is OTT.
    Yeah, I think they threw too much down too early. I prefer the Japanese guy from season 1. He was much cooler

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they threw too much down too early. I prefer the Japanese guy from season 1. He was much cooler

I thought he was the same dude sans hair!;) Sometimes American TV concentrates too much on pace at the expense of character. Bar the Sopranos and West Wing -hard to find series that do that.
    Im still scratching my dead at the volte face of Daniel-sure he aint as bad as his parents but look how he turned so quickly.. doesn't help that he is quite a limited actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I thought RTE might have continued showing double episodes but it doesn't seem to be the case.

The amount of ad breaks during an episode on this on RTE is bloody ridiculous :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The amount of ad breaks during an episode on this on RTE is bloody ridiculous :mad:

Tape it and fast forward ads. I cant think of the last time I watched anything in real time. Anyway-someone has to put Pat Kenny's kids through college. Thus-the plethora of ads . Pat earns 600k a year-seemingly that's too little to pay for their education:)

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Record it on UPC, SKY etc, wait 10 mins and then start watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Leinsterr wrote: »
    Record it on UPC, SKY etc, wait 10 mins and then start watching it.
    You'll catch it with only 10mins, need at least 15.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

That was some episode, fails to disappoint.

I quite like Faux-Amanda this season

I'm really enjoying this season but it would have been so much better if Victoria came back in like the season finale. Tonight's episode was claaaaaaaaaaaas. What did everyone else think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Hi all, just looking for a run down on Revenge at the moment. I missed the last 2 episodes of series one and only seen bits of series 2 so far so Im kinda lost. Could someone give me a brief summary of how series one ended and what is going on in series 2. Plus there is a few people in this years episodes that I do not recognise. Thanks.

closeline wrote: »
    Hi all, just looking for a run down on Revenge at the moment. I missed the last 2 episodes of series one and only seen bits of series 2 so far so Im kinda lost. Could someone give me a brief summary of how series one ended and what is going on in series 2. Plus there is a few people in this years episodes that I do not recognise. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenge_(TV_series)

It was good alright. Nice twist with the mother but they tend to over do with the dialogue between Victoria and the Hubby. Way too OTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

Victoria and Conrad are my favourite characters. I like that they're kind of OTT.

This series is disappointing, really hard to follow at times, and the revenge plot doesn't make sense anymore with all of these other elements. Bringing in something like 'The Initiative' was a mistake. I hated it on Buffy, and I don't like it on this show either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

Wonder could Gordon Murphy be Amanda's real father?

Advertisement