Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Revenge" - RTE Pace [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,968 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Also really enjoying the show. Glad RTE are showing the double episodes. Has got me interested in the show anyway ! Glad it got picked up for a second season in the States, shows there must be an interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

saw a bit of madeline stowe in a movie with kevin costner from 1990 last nite which was also called revenge , she was a stunner then and is every bit as fine today , surprised her career never went further

I think she is hitting the botox injections too much myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think she is hitting the botox injections too much myself

To be fair I think that fits in very well with the type of character she is portraying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

saw a bit of madeline stowe in a movie with kevin costner from 1990 last nite which was also called revenge , she was a stunner then and is every bit as fine today , surprised her career never went further

She was big in the 90's. I remember her making People's most beautiful people and winning awards for the Last Mohican. She took a break from the business just as her career was really blowing up to raise her kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Hahahahahahahaha, this show is so daft it's brilliant. Emily is probably the worst seeker of revenge in history. If it wasn't for Nolan she'd have been found out long ago. She wants a new identity, so rather than just get fake documents and stuff, she swaps hers with an emotionally unstable cellmate. She needs help from her "mentor" and next thing some Master Splinter-type Japanese dude turns up to give her a lecture on vipers and their domestic arrangements (I'm guessing everyone here had the exact same reaction as me, and just knew she'd end up knowing Japanese). I have expected a flashback to show her plucking her sensei's eye out with a chop stick half way up some holy mountain in Japan. Absolutely daft as a brush show, but brilliant for it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Einhard wrote: »
    Hahahahahahahaha, this show is so daft it's brilliant. Emily is probably the worst seeker of revenge in history. If it wasn't for Nolan she'd have been found out long ago. She wants a new identity, so rather than just get fake documents and stuff, she swaps hers with an emotionally unstable cellmate. She needs help from her "mentor" and next thing some Master Splinter-type Japanese dude turns up to give her a lecture on vipers and their domestic arrangements (I'm guessing everyone here had the exact same reaction as me, and just knew she'd end up knowing Japanese). I have expected a flashback to show her plucking her sensei's eye out with a chop stick half way up some holy mountain in Japan. Absolutely daft as a brush show, but brilliant for it! :D

I think that is a rubbish statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think it's a great series, every week it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Its kinda daft in a lot of places, but some of it is pretty clever too. I usually don't hold any interest in hyped up US tv...but this is very very good. Killing me at times not to just watch rest of series online! But gonna hold off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

closeline wrote: »

I think you're a rubbish staement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

MV5BMTQ4NDA3MzgxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjExNjA5Ng@@._V1._SY314_CR89,0,214,314_.jpg

=

Spanner_2.jpg

• Advertisement

closeline wrote: »
    It couldn't be more fact actually.

Good to see it's the top rated drama on RTE2
    1 The Sunday Game Live - 356,000
    2 The Saturday Game Live - 282,000
    3 The Sunday Game - 231,000
    4 Revenge - 211,000
    5 Film: Tomorrow Never Dies - 157,000
    6 Revenge - 149,000
    7 Film: The Perfect Storm - 133,000
    8 CSI - 117,000
    9 CSI - 113,000
    10 Home And Away - 113,000

(Week Ending 15/07/2012)

http://www.medialive2.com/television/latest-top-20-programmes/latest-top-20-programmes.html

The higher ranked Revenge episode was the second one of that evening starting at 9.50pm.

im on us time season 2 start in september begining to end its amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Getting confuisng reading the program descriptions. When it refers to both Emily and Amanda, have to try and figure out which they're referring to.

Oh and for anyone who has this set up on series link on Sky Plus for RTE 2, check to see if it's set for the next episode. For some reason it's showing up in the listings with the episode name "Loyalty" rather than Revenge. I checked mine and it was set to record the second episode, which is correctly titled, but not the first.

Also, with regard Ashley, Victoria said she hired her because she was close to Emily, but she was hired before Victoria met Emily. And what did Ashley mean Victoria was having less parties? She has even more parties/events than the ones in Vampire Diaries!

And, as my brother asked, how is Sammy still alive and looking so healthy considering he's about 18 years old? Wonder how he'll react to meeting the Fauxmanda.

We must be nearing the events at the beginning by now

I thought tonights episode was supposed to be a double but doesn't seem to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

As far as I can tell it still is, just the first episode is showing up as "Loyalty" (the name of the episode) on the Sky listings instead of Revenge.

It seems to be 2 episodes wherever I look

http://www.rte.ie/tv/listings_rtetwo.html

RTÉ Two - Tuesday 24 July

21:00 Revenge

Tyler researches David Clarke's links with the Graysons after making an incriminating discovery, while Emily tries to stop Amanda from blowing her cover

21:50 Revenge

Daniel's birthday party takes a frightening twist as the atmosphere at the Grayson manor grows increasingly toxic, while Emily and Nolan struggle to deal with an unstable Tyler

For the next two weeks Revenge will be shown once a week at the later time of 10.30pm due to Olympic coverage.
    After that it reverts to the usual double episode at 9.00pm

brian_t wrote: »
    It seems to be 2 episodes wherever I look

http://www.rte.ie/tv/listings_rtetwo.html

RTÉ Two - Tuesday 24 July

21:00 Revenge

Tyler researches David Clarke's links with the Graysons after making an incriminating discovery, while Emily tries to stop Amanda from blowing her cover

21:50 Revenge

Daniel's birthday party takes a frightening twist as the atmosphere at the Grayson manor grows increasingly toxic, while Emily and Nolan struggle to deal with an unstable Tyler

Yeah I was just going thru the Sky listings and it was showing "Loyalty" @ 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Yeah I was just going thru the Sky listings and it was showing "Loyalty" @ 9pm.

Bet this will mess up a lot of people who set it on series planner, it'll hardly recognise Loyalty!!

Great show so far tho, keeps it interesting and at a fast enough pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This programme really is very, very good. Excellently written and also very well acted. Yes it might be a bit fanciful and some of the technoligal leaps are a bit suspect, but it has all the elements of a good thriller wrapped up in affluent, glitzy environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

i am so surprised that rte is showing this cos its really good....dont want to say to much cos somthing will happen like they would pull it of cos of lack of viewers, like tv3 done with Harrys law...

cats.life wrote: »
    i am so surprised that rte is showing this cos its really good....dont want to say to much cos somthing will happen like they would pull it of cos of lack of viewers, like tv3 done with Harrys law...

I wouldn't think that would happen but even if it did E4 are showing it as well.

cats.life wrote: »

It's the top rated programme on RTE2 after the Sunday Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

I missed the very first episode and I was wondering where did Emily get all her money from, or has that been explained

fitzcoff wrote: »
    I missed the very first episode and I was wondering where did Emily get all her money from, or has that been explained
    Her Father invested in Nolans company, she now owns 49% or something. She's a Billionaire.

fitzcoff wrote: »

Wikipedia has a good recap of the first episode (no spoilers for rest of season)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilot_(Revenge)

If you don't want spoilers then stay away from the Revenge main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Thanks for that, never thought of wiki,

Things make a bit more sense now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

Its a great series . It has some of the usual American faults- unnaturally attractive people and the pace moves a tad too quickly. The dialogue reminds me of Dallas (original) with the " I will take everything from you" but besides that I like it. Its well acted (in the main). Locale is terrific. Madeline is sexy for an ol' one and the main character comes across as credible. Though I hate her voice over at the end/start-when that nonsense creep into American TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see RTE are now showing below the logo something like "See it first" since they're now ahead.
    Nice couple of episodes last week. So that's Tyler gone. Now just have to worry about Amanda. Did Emily not tell her that her dad was framed, or is Amanda just trying to pull something using Jack?

Advertisement