Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

hi all
    still no news for me yet:( app rec'd 02/04/2012 . hopefully some news next week.best of luck to all waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kilimanjaro

It seems few people were lucky to be logged in the new system and their waiting time is less than others I am still waiting applied 10/05/12. last time spoke to carers allowance was told they are working on MARCH/APRIL at the moment .it is nice to know that things are moving and for a change some good news again.congrats mileyjones and good luck to all of us still waiting.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mileyjones wrote: »
    Hello,

Applied 20/7/12 and application has been approved. First payment will be next week. Arrears to follow. Was waiting 33 weeks in total.

I'm wondering why people are talking about arrears being stopped because of FIS? Carers allowance has only been counted in the means test from 2013 at 2/3 of the payment. The dpt have no right in calculating your arrears for 2012 based on the FIS payment. As carers allowance did not count as income for the means test for the FIS. If this makes sense?

Sorry if this is off topic but I'm new here.

1/3 of carers counted in 2012 so you will have fis overpayments from your renewal date in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rafe

I applied 07/12 I called carer's allowance section two week's ago, was told I could be settled up end of March..

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jacqui c

hi everyone im new to this i have been following the info about the time people have been waiting and the time really does vary. i applied in january they recieved my form on the 27/1/2012 text me in march /12 to say they had recieved it and it would be looked into shortly . just before christmas i was contacted to find out my earnings as i do a part time job so sent back bank statements and wage slips then was contacted in middle of jan/13 for my p60 and letter from employer to tell the hours i worked which is 15 can anyone shed some light on this for me as i am not to sure what to do or whats next but i seem to have been waiting a long time 56 weeks or so thanks a mill :) also i have phoned them and they told me it was being delt with .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 melkeane06

Hey delighted to hear all the acceptances.gives us all hope!! I had meetinh with social welfare officer the other day..has anybody had this and how long did it take to hear from anybody after this thsnks

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Hi Sorry for not reading through all the posts before asking this question.... Have any of you went from Carers Benefit to Carers Allowance and is the waiting time as long as a brand new application.

well i just got a letter back from the deciding officer and ive been refused half rate carers i dont know what course of action to take do i appeal or do i go for a review dont know what to do, i have already waited 56 plus weeks :( my mother who i care for and have been for the last three years is 82 she is on warfrin ,blood pressure tablets, thyroid tabs and a few others . she is living out in the sticks so i have to be there for her she also has developed gout in her leg so cant walk for very long and finds doing anything for herself very difficult please anyone with any advice it would very much be appreciated as im at my wits end thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

jacqui c wrote: »
    well i just got a letter back from the deciding officer and ive been refused half rate carers i dont know what course of action to take do i appeal or do i go for a review dont know what to do, i have already waited 56 plus weeks :( my mother who i care for and have been for the last three years is 82 she is on warfrin ,blood pressure tablets, thyroid tabs and a few others . she is living out in the sticks so i have to be there for her she also has developed gout in her leg so cant walk for very long and finds doing anything for herself very difficult please anyone with any advice it would very much be appreciated as im at my wits end thanks
    Appeal the decision.Make sure you do so within the time limit stated on the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 miss black

hi new to yhis i applied in nov 12,hoping to be delt with on the new system,when i rang they told me my file is with inspec since 28/01/13,& i will be called in,no1 i talk to seems to heard of this.what should i expect?should i be waiting much longer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

Definately Appeal Jacqui, did they tell you why they refused you Jacqui?

thanks mp22 will do just got the letter today going to see doc friday for a letter . smurphysutton i was refused by the medical advisor said that she is not so invalided or disabled to require full time care but since i first applied my mother has developed gout in her leg and cannot walk very far. she lives on a very steep hill and cannot leave the house even for a walk as she wouldnt be able and there is no bus route that would pass her way so she is house bound unless i am there to take her out she also cant manage to do to much as she is in alot of pain with the gout and her blood pressure causes alot of dizzy spells

should i review or appeal as i was told the an appeal could take months that a review would be a shorter waiting time has anyone else been told this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Hi Sorry for not reading through all the posts before asking this question.... Have any of you went from Carers Benefit to Carers Allowance and is the waiting time as long as a brand new application.
    Hi,I would also like any info regarding this,when my carers benefit will finish do i apply for carers allowance before it expires so i dont have such a long wait or do Ihave to wait till it expires,.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

zara100 wrote: »
    Hi,I would also like any info regarding this,when my carers benefit will finish do i apply for carers allowance before it expires so i dont have such a long wait or do Ihave to wait till it expires,.Thanks

I got a letter from SW about 5 months before my Benefit is due to end telling me that if I wanted carers allowance that I needed to apply for it. Reading through some of these comments it could be the end of the year before I hear anything and my benefit is due to finish in April. I had to get a dr to fill another medical report, I assume my new application needs to go to the SW doctor as well

Do you have long left on your benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭zara100

Hi I have a good while before it ends, but just worried by some of the posts as people seem to have to wait such a long time, very unfair. hope you get on ok with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mossy69056

should i review or appeal as i was told the an appeal could take months that a review would be a shorter waiting time has anyone else been told this ?

hi jacqui
    you should go for review and if turned down the appeal
    make sure you get a STRONG letter from you GP to support your claim
    go to your local TD and get him/her to send in the review for you with a letter from him/her supporting your claim

hope this helps you out
    best of luck

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Just wondering, is there an recourse if the appeal from the career's has been turned down: ie carer's appeal turned down, then the appeal on this turned down, is there another stage to try apart from trying the Ombudsman?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

As far as I know if you've been turned down without having an oral hearing, you can request one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

hi, i applied last june, got the domicil.allowance and respite grant before that, got the travel pass in post there last week, but with no letter etc, does this mean ive got carers allowance, and what happens next

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 miss black

sounds like good news,let us know how you get on i applied at end of oct,with inspector since 28/01,hoping every week there'll be some news as i taugth new apps since oct 12 were being dealt with quicker!! but i'm not sure this is the case maybe they r getting threw the backlog faster if you applied in june.did you have to send in new info bankstates ect?i also get dca,since oct 12 did'nt realise to apply for both at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭hadepsx

i sent in bank statements with original application. never had to meet with inspectors, yet. once i knew i got dca i sent away for carers straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kilimanjaro

hadepsx wrote: »
    hi, i applied last june, got the domicil.allowance and respite grant before that, got the travel pass in post there last week, but with no letter etc, does this mean ive got carers allowance, and what happens next

Hi hadepsx we did apply for DCA two years ago and got it after appeal,we did not apply for carers allowance at the same time which we are waiting for approval now .you have to apply for carers allowance if you did not apply at the same time. hope this help.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

hadepsx wrote: »

HI usually when you get the travel pass it is good news and that you have been approved for the carers allowance, your letter should follow real soon

thanks mossy going for a review first. dr has written a very good letter he can't believe i've waited so long only to be turned down oh well here we go again !

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

hi all,
    my usual story..... no news yet. coming up to a year waiting now:( {app rec'd 02/04/2012}. rang today guy on phone told me he is getting onto the lady dealing with my claim to see what the hold up is.im gonna ring back tomorrow and see.... very fed up of waiting now. fingers crossed good news soon for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭CallMeFlo

Got my travel pass in the post today.. Can anyone tell me how long exactly it takes after that for the letter to be come? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

i got my travel pass and letter the same day, so it should be next cupl of days...it will be about 3 weeks til 1st payment then...im getting my 1st payment this thursday yet still no word of arrears

• Registered Users Posts: 18 angielongford

Hi All, finally got my letter today from my Dad's hospital consultant after waiting over 4 months for it. I need this to support my appeal. My TD has written to Joan Burton and she has replied saying she was looking into it..... Once this consultants letter goes in that's all we can do, so fingers x (we originally applied Jan 2012). Does anyone know if the state pension is catagorised as a social welfare payment and therefore we would only be entitled to the half rate carers (if successful)? good luck everyone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rafe

I have been caring for my Dad for over a year, as I said in an earlier post I applied for carers allowance 07/12. My Dad who is in hospital at moment is very ill. We were informed today that he is dying. Where do I go from here?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement