Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

This thread is for carers waiting times,all off topic posts will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

mp22 wrote: »

A bit harsh as me and Laura still awaiting backpay from original application, were discussing fis as Laura was told that this was part of the reason for the hold up on paying the arrears so it is all related to carers wait time !

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LauraAaron

thanks lordspence my feelings exctly we've waited a very long time and its all part of the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

mp22 wrote: »

why have some of my previous posts been deleted? please enlighten me to what was "off topic" in them. thank you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If anyone wishes to discuss carers,other than the waiting time for carers allowance,please feel free to post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1571

All further posts in this thread must include the aprox date of application for carers allowance,ie start/middle/end of a month.

mp22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 tipplady

hi all hope you are all ok and maybe some good news where do we go to for threads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Hi all,

Rang y-day was told it with the claims team, have to wait another 4-6 weeks for a decision (app date 1/3/12) hope thats a help to people waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pasque

hmm, im 6/3 and rang yesterday too. nice man told me that they now have the beginning of March, and may, within two weeks will be decision.
    each answer is different.
    I think we have to keep in touch :)
    applications are delayed, and I do not know whether our telephone calls can speed up the progress of them:)

Hi Jasss i waited 57 weeks for first payment which il only receive this thursday so i don't think the new system has done any good :/

question is what kind of changes there...
    57 weeks??!!...
    so fast...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

God laura i hope not to be waitin that long...on 48 wks now cant imagine havin to wait another 9! But i suppose im that used to waitin now it will be here b4 ino it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

I was waiting 50 + weeks and like Laura first payment thursday, keep strong all those waiting, hopefully soon

Hi was awarded carers on the 16th jan and received first payment today but it was only 1 week i thought i'd be backdated to the 16th which is 3 weeks has this happened to anyone else???

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

LauraAaron wrote: »
    Hi was awarded carers on the 16th jan and received first payment today but it was only 1 week i thought i'd be backdated to the 16th which is 3 weeks has this happened to anyone else???[/QUOTE hi lauraaron what about your arrears i thought you wud get it all today..??? i received all mine in one payment,,...22 jan they received my application and 51 weeks later i got 51 weeks of carers plus respite.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tipplady

hi lauraaaron will you be getting backdated for all the weeks you have been waiting or just from decision date, does it work like that or do you not get backpay and what about restbite payment.

I'm really not sure i've been backdated to last Jan 5th til feb 6th this year their currently working on sorting my arrears and i had the repite grant last year as i've been in receipt of domicillary care allowance for my daughter since nove 2011

naw they said that they sent an op5 form to fis but when i contacted fis thy said they had never received anything from carers?? they said that my arrears are sitting with them til they determine that i had no other payments they told me to leave it another 2 weeks and ring back.

I'm the same Laura got one week today, I rang them to see the situation of my arrears and they are waiting on Wexford to get back to them about my job seekers allowance, and my arrears are there as well, I haven't heard anything about respite, so I'm not to sure about whether I will get that, I'll do the same as they told you wait two weeks and get back to them. but its great to finally have some sort of payment

• Registered Users Posts: 11 grrrlk

im the same only got one week today and waiting on arrears taught it would be there today hopefully sort it soon the way can pay bills and loans

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

Received letter today and was turned down, I applied 14/05/12 so maybe they are getting their finger out and pushing through applications. Dunno if I will bother appealing as my mother is not totally incapacitated but is 80 now and not able to cope fully on her own. My neighbor is a senator, might have a chat with him to see if he can do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi ~I applied for the carers early March last year and yesterday I received a "Full Time Care & Residence Condition" form, did anybody else receive this form, if so is it a good sign

Hey munstermissy, don't mind me asking but what did they turn you down on. If your mother needs your help you should appeal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Munstermissy

The letter said that basically she was not disabled or invalid. She is 80 and broke her hip in a fall last year. She is back on her feet but slow movement. I have moved back in with her as at her age she should not be left alone at home at night. I'm going to speak with my neighbor during the week and see what he has to say, he is a politician and maybe he can push something through for me.

hi all . on week 44/45 now . i was requested last monday to send more bank statements and a letter from my employer regarding my work hrs. i presume this means its at the means test stage ? anyone have any idea how long it takes at this stage?my application is start april received by them.

hi all . on week 44/45 now . i was requested last monday to send more bank statements and a letter from my employer regarding my work hrs. i presume this means its at the means test stage ? anyone have any idea how long it takes at this stage?my application is start april received by them.

hi. we are 52/53 week now. when you sent app?? start or end of april?
    we are from march and no news now...

pasque wrote: »
    hi. we are 52/53 week now. when you sent app?? start or end of april?
    we are from march and no news now...

my app was received 2nd april .ive lost track of the weeks at this stage hopefully news soon.

Hi I got requested all of that about a week before christmas and I heard on the 11th January that I had been approved so hopefully forgodsake, you may be getting some good news soon :)

deedaa wrote: »
    Hi ~I applied for the carers early March last year and yesterday I received a "Full Time Care & Residence Condition" form, did anybody else receive this form, if so is it a good sign

i received one of these as I dont live with person whom I'm caring for, so hopefully you will get approved after this

LauraAaron & Grrrk have either of ye received the respite grant yet, or do they keep hold of that till all payments are taken from the arrears.

• Advertisement

Hi i received the respite last june as ive been in receipt of domicillary care allowance since nov 2011.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement