Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 grrrlk

i dont think they take that into it at all that different payment the respite that payed in june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

Grrrlk did you get it yet, maybe I wont get it as I only applied for carers in February 2012, but I was caring for my mother since begining of January

ya got it last june as getting domacilly care with 3 yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 4 melkeane06

Hey i have been onto my local td about the waiting time for carers...i am only waiting 30 weeks which i know isnt as ling as a lot if people but still long enough.. He just got back to me stating all they are waiting on us for the social welfare officer to call to me...i do not mind them calling as i do my job but has this happened to anyone before a decision made...
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LauraAaron

Hi all just found out that fis have finished looking at my claim and its away back to carers so im hoping il get whatever arrears is owed to me soon. I hope this is the end of a very very long wait thanks all for this thread everyone has been great and i wish you all the best of luck with your waiting times x

• Advertisement

AH thats great news LauraAaron, hopefully soon you'll get your arrears, Grrlkk have you heard anything about ur arrears yet. melkeane, I havent heard about anyone getting in touch with applicants before, not on this forum anyways but that dosn't mean it don't happen. As for me still waiting for arrears and wondering if i'm entitled to the respite grant or not, as I haven't heard anything about that, I know it says if you care for someone you should get it if your granted carers allowance, so I don't know if I should apply for it if I don't hear anything, any words of wisodom anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

AH thats great news LauraAaron, hopefully soon you'll get your arrears, Grrlkk have you heard anything about ur arrears yet. melkeane, I havent heard about anyone getting in touch with applicants before, not on this forum anyways but that dosn't mean it don't happen. As for me still waiting for arrears and wondering if i'm entitled to the respite grant or not, as I haven't heard anything about that, I know it says if you care for someone you should get it if your granted carers allowance, so I don't know if I should apply for it if I don't hear anything, any words of wisodom anyone

hi smurphy, there should be no reason why you will not get respite grant if you have been awarded carers which is backdated to last year im open to correction but its something like if your caring time[and application ] is including the first week june then you are entitled to respite ,i was told this last year after being awarded dca in middle june. i didnt apply it was awarded automatically.hope that helps. also my respite was in bank before arrears and no notification of it so keep checkin your bank

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

I applied for Carers in sep 2011 and wasn't awarded it until mid Aug last my Respite grant was in my account before my actual payment which started in mid Sept, so I'd keep checking your bank AC . Also the arrears took about a month. It depends on what sort of payment you were receiving. The Carers section have to get the written records from your local Social Welfare office.

I applied for Carers in sep 2011 and wasn't awarded it until mid Aug last my Respite grant was in my account before my actual payment which started in mid Sept, so I'd keep checking your bank AC . Also the arrears took about a month. It depends on what sort of payment you were receiving. The Carers section have to get the written records from your local Social Welfare office.

Hi Jabarett35 thanks very much but have received my first payment on the 7th of February, and was approved on the 11th January so to me I guess I probably wont get the respite grant not 100% sure what way it works, and They have the records from my local social welfare office, they got them this week so hopefully arrears will be sorted shortly.

hi smurphysutton didnt hear anything from arrears hopefully it will be account tomorrow. granted about month now so hopefully sorted out.

• Advertisement

Just checked my bank account no arrears yet but was on to social welfare in my town today and they said my previous claim has been closed so I'm taking that as a good sign. I'm the same a month ago on the 11th

well no arrears today either so im ringing to see if theyl be in next week :) fingers xd

• Registered Users Posts: 6 kilimanjaro

I applied for carers allowance since May2012 called today was told they are working on back log of applications received in March and start of April 2012 for all of us applied in May 2012 will have to wait hope this help anybody who applied around this time;)

well im pleased to say my arrears were issued 2 days ago so im hoping to see them in the bank tomarrow or at the latest Tuesday i would like to say thanks to everyone on this thread because each and every person knows how the other is feeling and is always on hand with some sound advice.Hope eveyone gets sorted soon as i know as well as anyone what the wait does to you good luck x

Thats great news LauraAaron, hopefully mine will be following shortly too. I'm thinking of getting in contact with the respite section too, as I haven't got the respite grant and everyone who seems to have received there carers have gotten this, maybe they have big back log as well, again great news, grrrlk did you get your arrears today??/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

LauraAaron wrote: »
    well im pleased to say my arrears were issued 2 days ago so im hoping to see them in the bank tomarrow or at the latest Tuesday i would like to say thanks to everyone on this thread because each and every person knows how the other is feeling and is always on hand with some sound advice.Hope eveyone gets sorted soon as i know as well as anyone what the wait does to you good luck x

Great news delighted for u :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pasque

LauraAron happy day :)

We get letter today about bank acc st.
    Next step meeting in our house with SW officer.
    How long You wait for meeting?
    its long time?
    i dont care about meeting...all true with carer for son, just be good to know how long we have to wait.:)

Thats great news LauraAaron, hopefully mine will be following shortly too. I'm thinking of getting in contact with the respite section too, as I haven't got the respite grant and everyone who seems to have received there carers have gotten this, maybe they have big back log as well, again great news, grrrlk did you get your arrears today??/

no arrears ere either just have to keep checking bank account everyday

well i received my arrears today in a cheque :D sooooo chuffed :)

yea for you LauraAaron, I've still not heard anything but hopefully next couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

hi all still no news at my end . app received 2nd april 2012 so expecting news soon it s with deciding officer for over 2 wks . fed up now. hope to c good news for all on here soon. maybe tomorrow i will have news who knows .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Hi all,

Well got my approval letter today (app. 1/3/12)

WOOHOO!!!

payments start 7/3/13

No word of arrears, can anyone tell me how long after the confirmation and first payment that you get this?
    Thanks

Hi Gttdi, thats great news, when I got my approval letter it told me when my first payment would be and what dates I was due arrears for, its was 3 weeks wait from approval letter till 1st payment but I still havent got my arrears, hopefully real soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

When did your payments start smurphysutton?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭CallMeFlo

Hi all,

Got a letter today from carers asking for bank statements.. Sent my application on the 24th of May last year so for anyone who sent theirs around that time hopefully you will hear something soon too! :D

GTTDI GOD wrote: »
    When did your payments start smurphysutton?
    7th February

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

Hi,
    I got that letter this week aswell about bank statements - applied April 28th.

Could someone on here tell me what happens next. Can I be expecting a home visit from a SW officer or is it based on the medical report. Does everyone get a visit or is it just a random sample of applicants who get this.
    Thank you

Hi Mick KK, I can only tell you from my case, I had rang back in August and was told to send in Bank Statements, I got a letter in December close to Christmas looking for a letter from my employer, husband payslips, and another form to be filled in as I don't live with the person I care from about, so I sent them straight in and about 2 weeks after that I heard I'd been approved, so mine I persume was based on the medical report. Sorry I cant help you out any more, but fingers crossed from you, that you will hear something in the next couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pasque

we got letter too.
    apply in 03/2012
    now wait for next step...
    hope no to long :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mileyjones

Hello,

Applied 20/7/12 and application has been approved. First payment will be next week. Arrears to follow. Was waiting 33 weeks in total.

I'm wondering why people are talking about arrears being stopped because of FIS? Carers allowance has only been counted in the means test from 2013 at 2/3 of the payment. The dpt have no right in calculating your arrears for 2012 based on the FIS payment. As carers allowance did not count as income for the means test for the FIS. If this makes sense?

Sorry if this is off topic but I'm new here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement