Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sam1979

hi all , been following this thread for a while .just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes them to carry out the means test .i am in receipt of dca for my son and spoke to a lady this morning who said it was at that stage ?im waiting 41 wks like many of you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mossy69056

hi all
    got great news,we got the free travel and approval letter today:)
    will get first payment on the 31/1/13 and arrears from 4/8/2011 to 30/1/13
    was told they would have it done very quick once approved as i was not getting any other payments that had to be deducted for the arrears
    what a big relief
    thanks to everyone on this forum for their information and support as it was much needed to get through these tough times
    i hope all of ye that are waiting will get good news soon

i will be staying on this forum to see how things are going and if its ok i will try to add to any information anyone is looking for, going on the experience of my application.hopefully it can help them out

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LauraAaron

mossy thts brill really pleased for u xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭So Annoyed

That's great mossy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭GTTDI GOD

Hi all,

I've been following this thread for some time now and just wondering if anyone has any idea of what month the applications are at? My application is 1st March 2012. Caring for my grandparents, my grandmother who has alzheimers and my grandfather who suffered a stroke several years ago and both need constant help and supervision at all times. It's tough going and the money would be a great help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

Hi GTTDI GOD, my application was the 17th Feb, and it has been processed and approved, so by that I would persume they are close to yours now, I cant be 100% sure as you never know where abouts they are. Hope that is some help

still havent heard anything about arrears was wondering Lordspence if you got yours with your first payment i still have 2 more weeks to go to get to my first payment,They said that they gave me a future date to try and have everything sorted in the one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 storm10

I can tell u that they are currently working on july 2012 applications. We applied june 2011.were turned down in june 2012. We apealed in july and just got refusal yesterday. So we have to appeal again. Thr system is a joke we have had to go through a means test and wait 19 months and they still have not called their own medical. Its seems to me recession times r playing a lottery with the benefit system. Has anyone any advice on how to fight this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Belleair

Hi all I applied june2011 .i rang carers 1230 today and they said they were on end of February and start of march 2011 they said I should hear from them march of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pasque

Belleair wrote: »
    Hi all I applied june2011 .i rang carers 1230 today and they said they were on end of February and start of march 2011 they said I should hear from them march of this year?

march 2011?? or 2012 :)

if 2012 then hope i get some info soon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 grrrlk

hi all

happy days here such a relief ere got granted carer yahoo trilled. granted from 29/03/2012 and grated arrear from that date. first payment is 07/02/2013 and got free travel pass today as well. So hang on in there i know its not easy but such relief to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

LauraAaron wrote: »
    still havent heard anything about arrears was wondering Lordspence if you got yours with your first payment i still have 2 more weeks to go to get to my first payment,They said that they gave me a future date to try and have everything sorted in the one go.

got first payment yesterday got the current weeks pay plus 2 weeks backpay not sure why but the letter did state that we would be backpayed from 26/01/12. I would imagine the backpay would be from 2012 would be a cheque as my wife gets payment in post office, any sign of your yet laura?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

grrrlk wrote: »
    hi all

happy days here such a relief ere got granted carer yahoo trilled. granted from 29/03/2012 and grated arrear from that date. first payment is 07/02/2013 and got free travel pass today as well. So hang on in there i know its not easy but such relief to get it.

they must be on end march then if yours is granted from that date my date is 2nd april so hope im not too long more waiting . can i ask did you have to send in more info bank statemnts ,payslips etc recently grrrlk??

get a bank statement of u and u partner and if u parnter is working they need payslip of that too. and have it all ready i had to go looking for them and wasted time that way. but i had td on my behave think it made it speed up thing by few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

grrrlk wrote: »
    get a bank statement of u and u partner and if u parnter is working they need payslip of that too. and have it all ready i had to go looking for them and wasted time that way. but i had td on my behave think it made it speed up thing by few weeks.

will do thanks for that congrats on getting carers:)

Thats brill lordspence nothing my end yet would be great to find something in the bank at this stage :( ah well first payment is the 7/2/13 so id say il not receive anything including arrears till then another wait for me lol

just got the arrears today in the post
    everything went very fast after being approved
    they seem to be getting a move on things
    i hope that you all hear good news soon as i know there are alot of ye that applied around the same time as me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

Ah great to hear Mossy69056, I'm like LauraAaron, still waiting for my first payment and my arrears but they have to work out what needs to be taken back from when I was claiming Jobseekers Allowance, but I was means tested on that and it wasn't a lot. So hoping will get lump sum in my bank on the 7th Feb. Congrats to all who've just been granted and good luck to those still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 angielongford

Hi, all... delighted to see that things seem to be improving a bit and thrilled a few of you have been approved recently TG....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aileach

Gosh lots of people here seem to have been approved lately, I hope that's a good sign for us too. Still waiting to hear back from medical review which we asked for in July '12 - fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

aileach wrote: »
    Gosh lots of people here seem to have been approved lately, I hope that's a good sign for us too. Still waiting to hear back from medical review which we asked for in July '12 - fingers crossed.

thats a bit strange aileach,we went for review in august 12 so yours must be close.ring on monday and ask to speak to the supervisor who is over your application as the people that answer the phone are not allowed to tell you anything.

zenitram89 wrote: »
    Hey

I'm an industrial design student looking to meet some carers as part of my research, I'm finding it really difficult to track any down! Would anyone be interested? I could meet anywhere in Dublin and would just require to talk for about 15 minutes about being a carer, daily tasks, whats the best and worst things etc. It should be fun and would be really helpful.

I will also buy you a box of chocolates!

I hope some carers come forward to help

Steven
    nice offer steven
    but unfortunately alot of carers wont have the time to spare
    it would be good if we could get across to the powers that be, what work is involved in being a carer
    hope you get some info

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tipplady

hi all well done to you all who got the carers so happy for you hi mossy we went for our review in june and have not heard it is now with decieding officer since november should hear very soon you are right about ringing them they can not give you the full details i think the best way now is to go to your td they do lots for your case i am leaving it to them now keep your fingers crossed for us good luck to you all will let you all know how we get on

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tipplady

that is right steven we are busy and our time is limited also a lot of people live in diffrent places hope you get good info as well.

just a suggestion
    maybe steven could put up his contact number and if any carers want to take part in his research,they can contact him
    i dont think it would be a good idea to call to carers houses as some people are private and are under enough pressure as it is
    an online questionnaire would work better

hey lordspence just wondering if you've heard anything about back pay yet and how it works? i was talking to the person who dealt with my claim and he seems to think because my claim for FIS is high that i wont be entitled to any of my arrears back???

hi lauraAaron

i taught its says in the fis manual that carers allowance is exculded when taken into account for getting fis. is that not right?

not from january 2012 they are supposed to take 1/3 into account for then andd 2/3 into account for 2013 and it all for 2014 but i spoke to the man who made the decision on my claim and he said our claim for fis is very high and that i'll more than likely have to pay all my arrears to them.I phoned fis and they said that hes wrong and that theyl tally up my husbands earnings plus fis plus a 1/3 of my carers and theyl take what they're owed and il get the rest but im currently just waiting on a phone call from carers when they know for definate because i just can't see how they can take it all??? very confused lol

how long u be waiting for arrear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pasque

Few minutes ago, I talked to carer allowance section. Possible answers can be expected in March for me. (my app in 6 march)
    The government does not give too many people to hepl in backlog team. For now close to 10.000 app to check. :(

We have to wait...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement