Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

carer's allowance wait time?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tipplady

hi all so happy for you lauraaaron wishing you all the best for the future so good to hear another positive result, hopefully more good news will come our way i have been told now i will hear in a week or two as my desision is from november and it is a 6 or 12 week turnaround could be a oral hearing dreading it if it is but have good support, please keep fingers crossed for me all. good luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

LauraAaron wrote: »
    Lordspence they look at what is owed in back money then write to fis to c what they have paid us from the date we're entitled to carers and they deduct whatever extra fis has given which for last year was a 1/3 taxed and this year 2/3 taxed so they will deduct a big chunk at the end.

That was a quick turnaround! sent my payslips back to a lad called Kevin on Wednesday but no news yet. Gutted about that fis news but oh we'll still be delighted if my wife is apporoved, well done to u anyways the long wait was hopefully worth day

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well.............................got my approval letter and travel pass today chuffed is not the word for how i feel :D payment starts 7/2/13 and im owed arrears from 5/1/12-6/2/13 which im tod will follow soon :D such a longgggggggggggggggg wait but sooooo worth it :D
    brillant news lauraaron...im trilled for you, lets hope tipplady is next..xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LauraAaron

aw thanx everyone will keep you posted lordspence about back pay and what they deduct but im well pleased about actually going to payment :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭smurphysutton

Ah Lauraaron, so happy for you, tipplady fingers crossed you get the news soon, first payment same date as mine, ah cant tell you how happy I am for people who are receiving good news at last and for those still waiting or still sending them additonal info, please god in the next couple of weeks or days you will all receive the news you deserve. Life is so hard caring for somone never mind adding the fight to get what your entitled to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 pasque

hi. we are new on site ;)
    I welcome all who are waiting for a decision, and those who have already received CA
    I read your topic regularly
    My son have polycystic kidney from birth
    I send app for carer allowance in march 2012 ( 6/03/2012 registred) I spoke with someone by phone on Friday, we were informed that our application has gone to "backlog" team.
    Now we'll see how long we will wait for the next step...
    I get DCA...
    Are those who filed applications in March have been a response from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Busybee4

Well.............................got my approval letter and travel pass today chuffed is not the word for how i feel :D payment starts 7/2/13 and im owed arrears from 5/1/12-6/2/13 which im tod will follow soon :D such a longgggggggggggggggg wait but sooooo worth it :D
    Congrats Laura delighted for you xx

Just wondering how long arrears take from you're awarded payment? i was awarded on the 16th.

aw thanx everyone will keep you posted lordspence about back pay and what they deduct but im well pleased about actually going to payment :)

My wife got her letter today were so happy, first payment Thursday , thanks everyone been a great group to keep the faith and stay patient , best of luck to anyone still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mossy69056

My wife got her letter today were so happy, first payment Thursday , thanks everyone been a great group to keep the faith and stay patient , best of luck to anyone still waiting

thats fantastic spence,delighted for ye

just to let ye know the supervisor rang today and confirmed that we were approved for the carers and we should have a letter by next week
    big weight off our mind,thanks to everyone for your support and advice and i hope ye all get good news soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Busybee4

Just wondering how long arrears take from you're awarded payment? i was awarded on the 16th.
    Mine was 3 weeks got no letter it was just in bank. Best of luck xxx

thats brill lordspence most on here seem to have got some great news recently so pleased for everyone :D thats brill busybee i'll keep an eye on the bank jut to see as i don't actully go to payment either for more than 2 weeks but itl be worth it once i do :)

Ah congrats lordspence & mossy69056, great to hear some more getting good news. LauraAaron, I got approved on the 11th January, and wont have first payment till the 7th February, and don't know what date the back payments, but thinking the problem with the back payment is that i've had a small social welfare payment, so they probably are trying to sort out what I got for the last year, I hoping it will come soon as have lots of bills to pay. again congrats and good luck to all those still waiting

Busybee4 wrote: »
    Mine was 3 weeks got no letter it was just in bank. Best of luck xxx
    you prob get it all together on your first payment...i did .xx

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

delighted to see a few more getting carers. delighted for you all really hoping i get some good news soon .waiting 42 weeks now such a long time

hi all, great for the people who are hearing good news well done to you,you deserve it waiting this long and for being carers, i am still waiting fo news i am ringing them shortly dread it i know i will be told the same thing, trying to look on the bright side, hope its some sort of news, will let you all know.

Lordspence would you let me know how arrears work if you get sorted beforw me because i dont even go to payment til the 7th of next month and have been told its because there awaiting a figure from fis for how much i owe them??

Lordspence would you let me know how arrears work if you get sorted beforw me because i dont even go to payment til the 7th of next month and have been told its because there awaiting a figure from fis for how much i owe them??

No problem Laura, but on the fis you should only owe them anything on a new application or renewal since 2012, my fis renewed in June so looking at about a half a year of money owed

• Registered Users Posts: 18 angielongford

Hi all, just rang carers to be told that my refusal on medical grounds review has been rejected again and the file sent to Dublin for appeal..... still waiting for the consultants supporting letter for the last 2 months... maybe if they had to have had that it would have made a difference but who knows.
    Apparently, they are working on appeals at the moment from last July so it looks like another 4 month wait. hope everyone else is progressing better than I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mossy69056

Hi all, just rang carers to be told that my refusal on medical grounds review has been rejected again and the file sent to Dublin for appeal..... still waiting for the consultants supporting letter for the last 2 months... maybe if they had to have had that it would have made a difference but who knows.
    Apparently, they are working on appeals at the moment from last July so it looks like another 4 month wait. hope everyone else is progressing better than I am.
    sorry to hear that angie:mad:
    i would say when you get the supporting letter you will get it on appeal
    i know its tough but hang on in there

• Advertisement

Thanks Mossy... I will plod along anyway. Meeting my TD Mon and will write a strong letter to Dads consultant to try and get him to do the letter i'm waiting on from him.

hi angielongford, sorry to hear hope you get your supporting letter soon i have just got off the phone from appeals have been told now it will be another 4 to 6 week wait i was told before i should hear in feb so it is waiting time still, but they are working quicker on them now i was told hope so. good luck angielongford i know how you feel.

tipplady wrote: »
    hi angielongford, sorry to hear hope you get your supporting letter soon i have just got off the phone from appeals have been told now it will be another 4 to 6 week wait i was told before i should hear in feb so it is waiting time still, but they are working quicker on them now i was told hope so. good luck angielongford i know how you feel.

hi. i have wait too 4-6 weeks. when you apply? im from march last year...
    one mor q. how You know if they work faster now?
    tx :)

hi pasque, they have told me on the phone that a new task force has been assigned to help clear the backlog of applications.i too applied late last march

Hi Tipplady, its very hard - you would be forgiven for just giving up but we have to keep going. Have to say that I feel that we won't get it on appeal...just my gut instinct. I'd love to see that statistics for how many applicants get refused at each stage of the process. I'll keep you posted :-)

hi pasque, they have told me on the phone that a new task force has been assigned to help clear the backlog of applications.i too applied late last march

tx. i apply at 6 march, we see how fast go now :)
    if you have any news pls let me know i do the same :)

pasque wrote: »
    tx. i apply at 6 march, we see how fast go now :)
    if you have any news pls let me know i do the same :)

will do fingers crossed not too long more to wait :)

Ah thanks stepoint, Jesus Tipplady and angielford, its so wrong whats happening here, Angielford, you have to keep up the fight, and get onto that consultant straight away, thank god my mams consultants worked really quickly for me. I'm keeping everything crossed for ye and hope to God you hear some good news at the end of it all

how long more applied june 2012 rang every week for last 6 weeks told a different story each time last told they were working on feb march 2012 also told back log divided into 3 groups and it was just who you got and depending how long they take im still on system not assigned to anyone yet so frustated

• Advertisement

Angie i feel awful for you i wish you some freat luck for meeting your TD and hopefully your doctor will write the letter you need aswell best of luck to you and fingers xd xx Thanks Lorrdspence i hope i dont end up losing the lot would just happen to me lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement