Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Inch AllWinner A13 1.5GHz Android 4.0 Tablet - €55.44

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

mine shipped wednesday, I'll stick up an opinion when it appears

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

mawk wrote: »
    mine shipped wednesday, I'll stick up an opinion when it appears

Yeah so did mine. Will be a while before they arrive I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You know what they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Do you guys reckon this is a genuine good deal/bargain alert? Like a really good deal? Was thinking on getting one for my child.

What has it not got that say a 300/400 euro tablet would have?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

vicwatson wrote: »
    You know what they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

Do you guys reckon this is a genuine good deal/bargain alert? Like a really good deal? Was thinking on getting one for my child.

What has it not got that say a 300/400 euro tablet would have?

Thanks

It doesnt have an IPS screen, which have much better viewing angles and much better colour generally.

It also doesn't have as high a resolution as some of the more reputable models.
    I had a 2 year old smart phone handed down to me which has the same resolution.

It does have a capacitive touch screen which is great, as resistive touch screens arent as good at sensing your touch.

And most importantly, it doesn't have a big Brand Name.

It has some nice raw power however, and should serve a kid well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I can't post the link but they have it with 1Gb of ram for $93 I think I would be inclined to go for that version myself.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

yeah, but you're getting towards A10 territory then, and it would be hard not to spend a bit more on a slightly beefier CPU once you're that close.

then before you know it you've kept working your way up and just blown 600 quid on an ipad! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭millymash12

Took 10 days to arrive. Excellent little tablet for basic stuff. Bit slow sometimes. But at this price is exceelent value for money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Took 10 days to arrive. Excellent little tablet for basic stuff. Bit slow sometimes. But at this price is exceelent value for money

Sounds good. The father is looking for a cheap tablet to do mainly web browsing such as face book and done deal mainly. I doubt he'd have much time for the appz beyond angry birds or something for the grandkids. How would this hold up for that kind of stuff.

If you manage to get a few hours to try it out I would really appreciate if you could tell us how long the battery actually lasts while you use it with wifi on just doing general browsing things.

waveform wrote: »
    It doesnt have an IPS screen, which have much better viewing angles and much better colour generally.

It also doesn't have as high a resolution as some of the more reputable models.
    I had a 2 year old smart phone handed down to me which has the same resolution.

It does have a capacitive touch screen which is great, as resistive touch screens arent as good at sensing your touch.

And most importantly, it doesn't have a big Brand Name.

It has some nice raw power however, and should serve a kid well.

Also I note it doesn't have bluetooth and the camera is 0.3mp, suppose what do you want for the price?

Do-more wrote: »
    I can't post the link but they have it with 1Gb of ram for $93 I think I would be inclined to go for that version myself.

Why can't you post the link? Just copy and paste it.

Is this version on McBub website?

I'd be interested in a 1gb ram and maybe a faster processor one if I could find it on their website :o

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    Why can't you post the link? Just copy and paste it.

Is this version on McBub website?

I'd be interested in a 1gb ram and maybe a faster processor one if I could find it on their website :o

I was posting from my phone and it's a disaster for trying to copy and paste links on...

Here is the 1Gb ram version

If you search McBub for tablets running ICS it narrows down your search considerably. Linky.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Good delivery time. Were you charged customs for the tablet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Barr wrote: »
    Good delivery time. Were you charged customs for the tablet ?

aka The Question everyone wants to know!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Tockman

would this be a better buy for 10euros more.
    http://www.buyincoins.com/details/7-chuwi-v13-android-4-0-all-winner-a13-tablet-pc-8gb-1gb-ram-wifi-3g-capacitive-product-16712.html

It has bigger battery and 1gb memory.
    Has anyone used buyandcoins?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

What the wifi performance like? Does it work a reasonable distance from your router.

Is the touch screen performance ok?

Does Netflix work? What about say Flipboard or MXPlayer?
    How about a DLNA player like UPnpPlay? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cx.hoohol.silanoid#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDUwMSwiY3guaG9vaG9sLnNpbGFub2lkIl0.

Also, does Chrome beta for Android work?

Whats the battery life like?

Just want to find out if its reasonable as a media tablet for my wife?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Would this make an adequate ereader? Might be worth picking up to make the commute more interesting

Tockman wrote: »

I've used buyincoins lots of times and never had a problem and delivery has always been much quicker than dealextreme. Having said that I have never bought anything big off them it's always been sub $20 knick knacks.

No matter which tablet you buy first make sure that there is some community support for it in the form of custom roms, otherwise you could end up with something that performs terribly and has no market access etc.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Will these take a 3G broadband dongle? Or are they wifi only?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Tockman wrote: »

You can use paul99 during checkout as an recommender to get 5% discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

Just waiting on paypal funds to transfer over so i can place my order. Looks like a very decent tablet for under 60e. done a bit of research via google before making my mind up. any disadvantages ive read about have equally been met with counter arguments, such as battery life, does not seem to underpowered at 4 to 8hours life (depending what you are doing) and touch screen/ graphics speed seem decent enough for general net browsing and ereader purposes.
    Will these take a 3G broadband dongle? Or are they wifi only?

The specs state that it has 3g capabilities through the micro usb and from what ive read all tablets seem to have this option. NB for those who may want to know for 3g to work wireless on tablets must be turned of as they can not work simultaneously.

So only having read about it, this tablet seems to be to the ipad as a laptop is to a good/high end pc. On that note i reckon its well worth the 55quid if your interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

zerks wrote: »

the hdmi on this looks nice and in white it is also nice, same as the 55e one in the op only this has hdmi one has a 1ghz processor as opposed to 1.5 in the original. any opinions on the difference this would make as i would pay 8 bob for the hdmi but if the start up and processing speed were compromised i would be happy to lose hdmi?

this also includes a direct usb port, which the other does not, which is a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

zerks wrote: »
    Old Perry wrote: »
    the hdmi on this looks nice and in white it is also nice, same as the 55e one in the op only this has hdmi one has a 1ghz processor as opposed to 1.5 in the original. any opinions on the difference this would make as i would pay 8 bob for the hdmi but if the start up and processing speed were compromised i would be happy to lose hdmi?

this also includes a direct usb port, which the other does not, which is a plus.

The cpu in that tablet isn't the same as the one in the OP.
    It's an infotmic x220. I have a tablet with one of those in it and I find it ok for web browsing but keep in mind that the GPU is not even near as powerful as the Mali400 that's in the allwinner chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

With these tablets is it possible to have multiple browser windows open at once?

yeah it is. how this particular model handles it, I dunno but the os certainly allows for multiple windows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Im sorry if this sounds like a daft question, but would this play the likes of tv3 player/rte player without problems in its browser - and what browser is it using?

(have not dived into the world of tablets yet - still on the auld laptop - so might check this out if reports are good here)

Could be a great little pressie for the kids at christmas too if alls good!

whether its fast enough to run flash items like 3player is something I'm eager to find out myself. I'll check when mine arrives and let you know here

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

Friends, a question if it's not too far off topic. Like a lot of folks here I was thinking of getting my first tablet and this one seems very reasonable. Resolution issues aside, though, it almost seems to good to be true. Isn't the ipad rumoured to be clocked at 1.2 Ghz? If the processor in this android machine is even quicker, and it has some (although not all) of the ports, bells and whistles, would someone mind giving me the low down on its big draw backs? If the res is its biggest weak point, it seems overall to be a great deal.

Many thanks,

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

colferma wrote: »
    Friends, a question if it's not too far off topic. Like a lot of folks here I was thinking of getting my first tablet and this one seems very reasonable. Resolution issues aside, though, it almost seems to good to be true. Isn't the ipad rumoured to be clocked at 1.2 Ghz? If the processor in this android machine is even quicker, and it has some (although not all) of the ports, bells and whistles, would someone mind giving me the low down on its big draw backs? If the res is its biggest weak point, it seems overall to be a great deal.

Many thanks,

M

The 7" screen is a bit on the small side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can these access Google Play? or is the workaround difficult?

Advertisement