Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Half a ham and bacon pizza going begging. Who wants it? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Drank wine with friend, now have to work, not a good plan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Could have been me on the way to german, rq! :) would have been before 6 though just about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Half a ham and bacon pizza going begging. Who wants it? :pac:
    Pooooooooork is the meeeeeat of kiiiings!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

2 and a half more hours of work and then I get to go home and come right back here after 4 hours sleep! Grrrrreat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Ugh horrible case of Monday blues..horrible day at work, had meeting in evening that ended with me doing waaay more than anyone else, not home til 8, housemates out, just wanted to vent and my two good friends are tucked up with boyfriends and my mum answered the phone with "what do you want I talked to you yesterday". Have taken myself to bed in protest. C'mon friday.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Ugh horrible case of Monday blues..horrible day at work, had meeting in evening that ended with me doing waaay more than anyone else, not home til 8, housemates out, just wanted to vent and my two good friends are tucked up with boyfriends and my mum answered the phone with "what do you want I talked to you yesterday". Have taken myself to bed in protest. C'mon friday.....

Wow, harsh!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Novella wrote: »
    2 and a half more hours of work and then I get to go home and come right back here after 4 hours sleep! Grrrrreat.

Ye wha'? Have you done a full shift and then going straight back in? :confused:

My bro sometimes doesn't get home till 3 or 4 and goes back in for 8. Stupid idiot shouldn't let them away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

ihsb wrote: »

Wow, harsh!

It was meant in a jokey what news could you possible have way! She's not actually very mean, but didn't help matters no.

Ye wha'? Have you done a full shift and then going straight back in? :confused:

My bro sometimes doesn't get home till 3 or 4 and goes back in for 8. Stupid idiot shouldn't let them away with it.

Yeah, I'm doing 5-12 today, takes me an hour to get home so bed at 1am, up at 5am, leave house at half 5 and in at 7am in the morning. I don't usually do this, it was meant to be in at 9am but we are really, really busy at the moment and I'm new so I feel like I have to say yes to everything I'm asked to do!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

tumblr_m5y24l2dkG1r2yrpho1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Oh god, the voice of that woman presenting the programme on tv3 at the moment has a really annoying voice. I think her name is Maura something. The remote is waaaaay over there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Oh god, the voice of that woman presenting the programme on tv3 at the moment has a really annoying voice. I think her name is Maura something. The remote is waaaaay over there!

It's not Nora Owens is it?? I'm not watching but annoying voice and tv3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

That Maura Derrane one?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I need some sleep. Might be back on tomorrow. So tired of all this. I shouldn't have to dread being at home. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's not Nora Owens is it?? I'm not watching but annoying voice and tv3...
    Dolorous wrote: »
    That Maura Derrane one?

That's the one. It's going through me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i picked up what i thought was pepsi max but was actually pepsi
    good lord how does anyone drink that sickly sweet stuff, my stomach was turning
    had to throw half it out

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I need some sleep. Might be back on tomorrow. So tired of all this. I shouldn't have to dread being at home. :(

Hope you're okay, Jane. Always here if you need a chat x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

bluewolf wrote: »
    i picked up what i thought was pepsi max but was actually pepsi
    good lord how does anyone drink that sickly sweet stuff, my stomach was turning
    had to throw half it out

I find this with all full sugar drinks, they are nasty sweet and make ya feel more thirsty and sticky after.

javagal wrote: »
    I find this with all full sugar drinks, they are nasty sweet and make ya feel more thirsty and sticky after.

yeah they're all that bad
    i just had forgotten how bad until i inadvertently had some today :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

bluewolf wrote: »
    javagal wrote: »

yeah they're all that bad
    i just had forgotten how bad until i inadvertently had some today :(

If I drink even a small glass of full sugar coke, I'm like a cat coughing up a hairball for the rest of the day.
    So hawt.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Polloloca wrote: »
    Jane be careful with moving in with other people and make sure there's ground rules before you move in. The horror stories I could tell you about sharing. If you know anybody there is there any chnace you could all share together?

Yeah I'm trying to be careful tbh. This is all new to me. Last time my mam rang the woman I lived with and that was that.
    Deep breaths Jane. You *can* do this.

I completely understand that you're feeling overwhelmed and frightened.

But put the effort in and it'll all be golden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

A cold can of coke on a warm day is absolute heaven. I absolutely can't stand diet coke, it tastes so artificial or something! Pepsi max > pepsi though :)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

WinterSong wrote: »
    A cold can of coke on a warm day is absolute heaven.
    Totally agree, one of my guilty pleasures after a long run is an ice cold can of Coke. :D

Totally agree, one of my guilty pleasures after a long run is an ice cold can of Coke. :D

It's just so deliciously refreshing, no other drink can beat it! :D

I've only really started drinking alcohol in the last few weeks so every time I've been out with friends I've tended to stick to coke, nobody seems to believe me that I was happier drinking that than anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

I never liked Coke. Or Pepsi. I was always more of a Lilt girl ;):p

(also I wrote cock instead of coke the first time. f*ck, did it again, jesus!)

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

(also I wrote cock instead of coke the first time. f*ck, did it again, jesus!)

Gotta love the odd Freudian slip ;)

I never liked Coke. Or Pepsi. I was always more of a Lilt girl ;):p
    [/SIZE]

Lilt with either skittles or tic tacs at the bottom, nom. I think I love fizzy drinks a bit too much :o

i love water because im boring:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Had my Hen night on Saturday, had an absolute ball! From someone who didn't want to have one at all I ended up having a brilliant night and only going to bed at 7am! It helped that the Hungarian and British water polo teams were staying in the hotel too - hot doesn't even begin to describe them. Great eye candy for the night :-)

Still wrecked, heading to bed to try catch up on all I've missed in the thread since last week and back to work in the morning :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement