Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I love you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

I'm begining to think 2012 really will be the end of the world. This weathers not natural

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

lucyfur and acoshla have given me some ammunition for the onslaught myself and my bf have been getting recently. We're 3 years together so people either lead with "when are you going to get married?" or "when are you going to have a baby?" I've started pretending I'm one of those people who treats their dogs as their babies just to shut them up, may now use "not the way we do it" :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Oh I start going into details of surgery, facts about fertility of people with only one tube and a fair amount of endo....I can see their brains screaming at me to shut up:D:D

Might actually stop them asking someone who has smaller lady-balls then me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Whenever my boyfriend's family drop hints about more grandkids I do my sad face and start showing them photos of our animals and saying "But you *have* grandbabies, furry ones!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It's nice to be single and have none of these questions to deal with.

I'm 27 though, so it's only a matter of time until the "why don't you have a man?" questions start I guess... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

So yay good news! I got a job interview i wanted.. its not in my field however its better than my current job environment wise. I would even be taking a pay cut to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Its official my mam thinks im a lesbian!

My mum got really old photos of her grandmother and great grandmother marriages that shes making a collage with.

So then she goes to me "Pixie when you get married or a CIVIL PARTNERSHIP.....

I didnt know what to say except "I'm not gay" and walked away! :o

You should show your mom mr well endowed and put an end to any speculation!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Polloloca wrote: »

hahaha

"Hi Mam, this is Monster Cock he's 34 and English and were not going out just riding"

She'd love that, but at least she'd know im straight :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Show him to us too while you're at it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

We used to get the whole 'I better get an invite to the wedding' thing as well; I just found it funny! I'm only 20, they'll be waiting a good ten years for that invitation!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Holy crap!! People actually do work in the day time! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I just found 20 Euro behind a tub of pencils in my room! :D:D:D:D:D

Unreal! Found one in a jacket pocket a few weeks ago, it's like winning the lotto!

Wintersong (I had typed out almostnever:o) do you get to take your law classes in English or are they all in French?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Unreal! Found one in a jacket pocket a few weeks ago, it's like winning the lotto!

It really is! I found a 50 in my car a few months back.

I take it as a sign that I was meant to buy the Spiderman DVDs I bought today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Wintersong (I had typed out almostnever:o) do you get to take your law classes in English or are they all in French?

:D I tried to sign in as almostnever earlier, couldn't understand why the system wouldn't let me in...

I'm studying through a combination of English and French, half and half when you take into account the language classes :) So French, Public International Law and law and the corporation are through French and the others are through English. Probably going to try to take a full French courseload the second semester if I feel able for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

WinterSong wrote: »
    :D I tried to sign in as almostnever earlier, couldn't understand why the system wouldn't let me in...

I'm studying through a combination of English and French, half and half when you take into account the language classes :) So French, Public International Law and law and the corporation are through French and the others are through English. Probably going to try to take a full French courseload the second semester if I feel able for it :)
    IT'S YOU! :D I missed the bit where you rejoined. Many a welcome back and congratulations on the classes!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Looking over this accommodation list I got and I think a house share would be better tbh, it's cheaper. Trying to decide is hard though. Would love to find somewhere where everything is just paid for with weekly rent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

So far this evening I am failing to pass the cross the road test.:eek:

In the city centre..well, Dame St, I was looking the wrong way and slammed into somebody. 5 minutes later on Camden St, I nearly made an elderly guy be run over by accident. A car stopped to let me cross, I waved him on to walk behind it and as he accelerated, the guy was walking across into the original path of the car

I better not need to use heavy machinery anytime soon.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My mum got really old photos of her grandmother and great grandmother marriages that shes making a collage with.

When my brother was in secondary school he was shy and did not date so my dad thought he was gay. I had this really funny talk with my dad where he wanted me to pretend to be my brother and come out to him so that he could make sure he said only the right things when my brother came out.

It was really sweet but I had to tell my dad that my brother was definitely not gay considering how long he spent staring at some of my friends :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Must not get distracted with What Satan Did Next. I WILL read this book on particle physics! *determined face*
    tumblr_m6wh5tVqLv1qb27nuo1_500.gif

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Looking over this accommodation list I got and I think a house share would be better tbh, it's cheaper. Trying to decide is hard though. Would love to find somewhere where everything is just paid for with weekly rent.

Jane be careful with moving in with other people and make sure there's ground rules before you move in. The horror stories I could tell you about sharing. If you know anybody there is there any chnace you could all share together?

Jane be careful with moving in with other people and make sure there's ground rules before you move in. The horror stories I could tell you about sharing. If you know anybody there is there any chnace you could all share together?

Yeah I'm trying to be careful tbh. This is all new to me. Last time my mam rang the woman I lived with and that was that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Just start wearing this badge and she'll never question you again: http://i.imgur.com/Mt9sF.png :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Could you drive her to mass and then do a bit of practicing while she's in there?

And best of luck with the test, I passed mine in April and it's really not that bad, it's over before you know it :)

My sis suggested that as well. It's in town though in the middle of junkie central whereas I know all the places around here that I can practice these things. Thought it might be a bit busy around there. Might be my only option though. :)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    id offer my car this evening rq but im not home til 10

Ha thanks :D Think I walked past you this evening btw about 6pm at the Shelbourne. Wasn't sure so didn't want to roar at ya :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN!!!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

"Novella, you can stay in work 'til 7 tomorrow, if you want."

LOL! Oh jeez, thanks! I can?! How thoughtful and lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I love nurofen plus. I get really nasty headaches and I had one nagging at me all day. I finally gave up on the normal stuff and upgraded to plus. Now I feel all lovely, floaty, and relaxed. Too bad I have another two hours of work to get through :(

Now, I just need to not do anything too stupid until work is over :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Novella wrote: »
    "Novella, you can stay in work 'til 7 tomorrow, if you want."

LOL! Oh jeez, thanks! I can?! How thoughtful and lovely!
    Aaaw, that's so nice of them! :pac:

Best of luck tomorrow, RQ!! xxx

• Advertisement

Don't want to go home

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement