Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Flicking through the channels there and on TV3 there's some sort of worried mammy chat show on and it just screams of

somebody-please-think-of-the-children-en-ffffff

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Still home sick from work. Exhaustion has been joined by its old friend migraine now. Le sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I left it in a friend's apartment yesterday morning and they were working overnight last night so I couldn't get it back. Want to go over for it at lunch today but they're not answering their own phone now, the baxtards...
    Oh that's annoying! Hope you get it back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Flicking through the channels there and on TV3 there's some sort of worried mammy chat show

That show makes me genuinely want to bang my head off the table, those women make me embarrassed to be the same sex as them, them and Loose Women.

DK hope you feel better soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Acoshla wrote: »
    That show makes me genuinely want to bang my head off the table, those women make me embarrassed to be the same sex as them, them and Loose Women.

DK hope you feel better soon :(

Someone told me before that 'Loose Women' was funny.

I am no longer friends with said person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Someone told me before that 'Loose Women' was funny.

I am no longer friends with said person.
    Ok this makes me an awful snob but I am the same, about Mrs Brown's Boys...

</guilty secret>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I left it in a friend's apartment yesterday morning and they were working overnight last night so I couldn't get it back. Want to go over for it at lunch today but they're not answering their own phone now, the baxtards...

i wonder if they texted you earlier "you left your phone here" :D:D
    Flicking through the channels there and on TV3 there's some sort of worried mammy chat show on
    my friend and i once watched this show about kids (18-19) going off to ibiza to have some wild holiday except the mammies follow them and they don't know it, and they get filmed, the mammies sneak into their apts while they're gone, then show up on the last night to make a holy show of them in front of everyone
    and they thought this was a good thing
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    Still home sick from work. Exhaustion has been joined by its old friend migraine now. Le sigh.

hugs get better :(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They were obviously following on from a discussion about the Swedish House Mafia shenanigans and one of them was saying "oh if my daughter is even a minute late home I do this and that and she learns her lesson" etc.

Do you remember when you were on your Summer holidays and you were kicked out to play with your friends, only returning to eat and you didn't go in for the evening until it was dark? Or if you opened your mouth and said the words "I'm bored" you were launched out the front door with force to go entertain yourself? Them were the days!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Oh my gosh baby pancake is such a little dote! He's gorgeous!!

Honey-ec I know that feeling, I always feel like I'm missing my hand or something if I don't have my phone :-/

Hope you feel better soon Das

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ok this makes me an awful snob but I am the same, about Mrs Brown's Boys...

</guilty secret>

Or... Give my head peace. I have to stay friends with my father in law though.

@bluewolf, I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of rabbit vibrators. They're a bit of a blunt instrument. Seems though, from speaking to other women (which I do on occasion -- who would have guessed) that it's the only vibrator a lot of them have heard of.

Das Kitty wrote: »

@bluewolf, I have to say I'm not the biggest fan of rabbit vibrators. They're a bit of a blunt instrument. Seems though, from speaking to other women (which I do on occasion -- who would have guessed) that it's the only vibrator a lot of them have heard of.

i'm not mad about them either - prefer the small external ones
    gone through millions of those
    work well in combo though...

still, someone might want the deal! :D

For a sec there I was like "what the...????" and then I remember the NSFW link you posted lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@stench blossoms - I wasn't implying you were the cause of people closing accounts at all. Read pixiebean's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

They were obviously following on from a discussion about the Swedish House Mafia shenanigans and one of them was saying "oh if my daughter is even a minute late home I do this and that and she learns her lesson" etc.

Do you remember when you were on your Summer holidays and you were kicked out to play with your friends, only returning to eat and you didn't go in for the evening until it was dark? Or if you opened your mouth and said the words "I'm bored" you were launched out the front door with force to go entertain yourself? Them were the days!

we used to spend saturdays and school holidays getting up to all sorts of stupdi sh1t that kids do and not a bother on us. "be home for your dinner" was our only instruction lol

I used to think 'wow my parents are cool, they let me go to Limerick and Galway for the summers and never complain when I ask to stay longer'. Now I know why.

does anyone have any good recipes for chocolate orange cake

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I have choc orange cheesecake?

Quick change of recipe from one that recommends 70% chocolate for frosting or in the mixture I'd just sub in 70% orange choc from lidl/aldi/lindt

I have choc orange cheesecake?

Quick change of recipe from one that recommends 70% chocolate for frosting or in the mixture I'd just sub in 70% orange choc from lidl/aldi/lindt

no, real cake this time

yeah i might do the bbc choc fudge cake and figure out how to do orange in there as well
    it uses cocoa instead of chocolate though

i found this one

http://www.ledelicieux.com/2011/02/22/chocolate-orange-cake/

that looks not bad , stenchy :)

• Advertisement

That one looks lovely bluewolf. What's the occasion?

I remember when my sister was 12/13 she went to Wales for the day with her best friend and her friend's family. My parents didn't even know she was gone until she came back with the fruits of her shopping trip. I know she was there with her friend's family but nowadays that would be a big no-no for a lot of people.

That one looks lovely bluewolf. What's the occasion?

i have a very rare evening off (singing teacher had to postpone) and i'm exhausted so i thought i might bake
    also it's at my grandparents' house so they'll eat it

My next thing I'm gonna try is the rainbow cake.

But before I try I need to perfect my icing so planning on making red velvet.

Planned on making it last Friday but my plans went belly up. I was not happy.

what icing do you need for the rainbow cake?

mine was such a disaster :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I love Red Velvet, it is one of my favorites :)

I'm trying one that Acoshla recommended to me.

I don't really like cream cheese frosting and my regular buttercream isn't very spreadable.

I'm trying one that Acoshla recommended to me.

I don't really like cream cheese frosting and my regular buttercream isn't very spreadable.

oh really?
    it always seems like it'll never turn into icing and you wait and wait and wait with the mixer and then bam, perfectly spreadable icing :cool:

i agreed to go to a table quiz on friday
    "do you know much about politics it'll be coming up"
    "ummm im a politics mod so i hope so..."
    "I LOVE YOU :D:D"

i better get a few right... :o

Yeh :D I bought myself a fancy mixer and haven't tried making it with that yet but will try as soon as I can.

I made maple frosting the other day and it was delish. Kept that bowl to myself after the cake had been iced. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ugh, Samantha Brick is back giving people sh1tty advice, can this troll just go away.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement