Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Moaning, everyone.

Confused Honey-ec is very confused today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

WinterSong wrote: »
    I can only imagine how overwhelming that must have been! Confusing times seem to be ten times more confusing when you're in France :pac: Did you miss the first few classes of things or were you there in time for the proper start of the academic year? :)

even more confusing when neither of us could string a sentence in french together hahaha i can speak it fairly well now so all is good!

all together we missed 2 weeks of lectures! But they were really nice about it!
    The first week was orientation and then the following week was the start of lectures. But we were on placement at that time. Then we missed the third week trying to sort out the classes we were to take!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Awh Ivy, the pancake is adorable :3

I'm back babysitting the 3-month old this morning. He's sleeping at the moment, but keeps waking up every few minutes because he's spit his soother out. I'm contemplating* sellotaping it to his face :pac: This is why I shouldn't have kids :P

* Read: not even slightly tempted to try
    >_>
    <_<
    >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Babies be so cute! My best friend is having her 20 week scan today. She told me she's going to find out what the sex of the baby is but that she's not gonna tell very many people. Excited. She still hasn't told her parents though.

I hope it's a girl. Too many cute baby girl things to buy! :D

also, why do I choose the girls with nothing nice to say, ever, to be friends with? Last night I went to the cinema and a for a drink with a friend. Recently dyed my hair red, she commented on how I was very pale. I told her I was always pale, laughing it off. She said "no pastier than usual", then remarked it must have been the colour washing me out.
    I told her about my eyelashes falling out and she leaned close to me and looked into my eyes, turned around and said oh my god they're really bad! I don't think they're going to come back. :o

I don't expect to be lied to but Jesus lighten up on the negetive comments ffs

Babies - yet another item on my "Things I Don't Get" list, along with:

Chocolate
    Cake
    Cats
    Chick flicks
    Crying
    Soaps
    People who don't like cheese.

And cycling with no hands. I have never, ever been able to do it and am slightly in awe of people who can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Babies - yet another item on my "Things I Don't Get" list

I was the same as you but lately I've been getting pangs of "oooh soo cute" when I see babies. Maybe I'm only seeing cute babies and not the ugga ones. :pac:

Ivy, your son is too cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm back babysitting the 3-month old this morning. He's sleeping at the moment, but keeps waking up every few minutes because he's spit his soother out. I'm contemplating* sellotaping it to his face :pac: This is why I shouldn't have kids :P

* Read: not even slightly tempted to try
    >_>
    <_<
    >_>

My friend's mom did that with her youngest, she had 4 kids under 6 and the youngest kept spitting out the dummy, not able to find it and crying, so she taped it (loosely, if that helps anyone :p) to her face, so she wouldn't spit it out and get upset. Ah 1980's parenting, gotta love it!

Honey, I will teach you how to cycle with no hands. I have an excellent past-teaching rate with no maimed students. I will teach you for free in return for that awesome curry and pancake like things that went with it, reciepe which I made.

Polloloca wrote: »
    I will teach you for free in return for that awesome curry and pancake like things that went with it, reciepe which I made.

How'd they turn out?

Amazing!! Like, I cannot cook. I didn't even know what a food processor was, so I had to google and send my dad up to the attic to search for one among my moms things. We eventually found one, and I got started on it. It was actually fool proof. While the curry was cooking I was wondering whether or not to make the pancake things, they looked complicated. I made them anyway, and they turned out perfect. My dad thought I'd bought them. He was like there's no way you made them.

Will definately be searching through your blog for more recipies!

• Advertisement

Polloloca wrote: »
    Amazing!! Like, I cannot cook. I didn't even know what a food processor was, so I had to google and send my dad up to the attic to search for one among my moms things. We eventually found one, and I got started on it. It was actually fool proof. While the curry was cooking I was wondering whether or not to make the pancake things, they looked complicated. I made them anyway, and they turned out perfect. My dad thought I'd bought them. He was like there's no way you made them.

Will definately be searching through your blog for more recipies!

Aww, fanks! You've got the bug now!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Ivy, Pancake is gooorgeous!!! baaawwww!

No word from Java & Coffeebean yet? hope it all goes well for her. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm writing up comment cards today and some of them are hilarious!

'I am no fan of art galleries, and in fact hate all modern art, and I only came in because it was free and I needed to get out of the rain, but your gallery is the worst evar & a trained monkey could do better etc etc etc'

If you hate galleries so much why would you a) come in in the first place, b) appear surprised that you don't in fact enjoy it and c) bother your hole to tell me about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

OMG BABY PANCAKE IS BEAUTIFUL:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Did not plan on spending my well deserved day off in the waiting room of the vhi clinic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Did not plan on spending my well deserved day off in the waiting room of the vhi clinic.
    Are you ok? Hope it's nothing serious. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

You ok lady?

Moving outta my college house this evening :( It's been such an unreal year. First time I got to live outta home, ended up together with the boy next door and met loads of unreal people. It's the fist year I've not failed an exam and I think I've made a lot of big life decisions this year.

Now I haz a sad.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Oh I'm fine but the OH did something to his ankle at Florence last night

He's usually injured in some way or another cause he's always playing hurling, football, soccer etc but I've never seen him in this much pain.

He's suppose to do 4 marathons in 4 days next week but can't see that happening.

In other news, got my car valet'd and it smells like coconut. So yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Driving test tomorrow. Can anyone who has done it recently tell me how long this bloody thing lasts. About 60 - 90 minutes on the road? Think my pre-tester told me it'd be 1 hour 45? :eek:

edit: 30-40 minutes according to the RSA website. That. Is. A. Relief.

Less time to fu*k up. :D
    Good luck, hope it goes well for you :)
    30 pages since I went away for the weekend! You people are killing me!!

Kiera's gone? I haz a sad! :(

On Saturday, there were people saying they didn't like babies...how could you not want one of these:
    http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o119/IvyTheTerrible/DSC09829.jpg

/end "my baby is the cutest" mode/
    He is gorgeous.

Got my place fro definite on the three week course :D Was sure my fúck up meant I wouldn't get a place, delighted with myself :D

Going to look up more hotels/B&Bs near my dad's today too :D Hopefully we can get somewhere reasonably priced that we can afford :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Ivy he's so cute! Lookatislickleface!

RacoonQueen hope the driving test goes ok! *must start learning to drive...*

I have to get up, I was supposed to be on a bus home by now but I'm still arsing around. Did do lots of emailing I meant to do a while back, but now I feel all productive, and like I never need to get up. I will just be super efficient at emailing, and not do anything else bar get out for food and toilet breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Neyite wrote: »
    Ivy, Pancake is gooorgeous!!! baaawwww!

No word from Java & Coffeebean yet? hope it all goes well for her. :)

No baby coffeebeen yet!!!

baby pancake is working that camera Ivy!! Heartbreaker!!!

My lovely OH gave me this this morning..Loves him...

winter-is-coming-stark-baby-rompersuit-p91c82s39a1_d1i42684p0z3r1c2f1.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

canteen noticeboard: cream of chicken soup
    reality: water-broth with a few bits of chicken. and a couple stems of pasta :confused: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Your baby is very very very cute!

Got my hair done... flat already stupid rain! URGH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Bleck. I have a sore throat. Along with an uncomfortable time getting swabs taken from my *ahem* personal area, this day is really shaping up to be a good one... :rolleyes: *sarcasm*

In other news, this gif makes me squee. I'm on a majory Shenny kick. SO MANY FEELS!! Sheldon x Penny FOREVER!
    tumblr_m6vik09rOz1r9uyl8o1_500.gif
    Right, off to go read my new Kindle copy of Introduction to Particle Physics. Not joking. I'm such a nerd that I'm actually thinking of going back on a science course!

Oh I'm fine but the OH did something to his ankle at Florence last night

I had to bring my sis to the Eye & Ear a few years back on some bank holiday. I just dropped her off and was like "Ring me when you're finished". No way was I spending the day sitting there being bored and miserable with her.

Turns out she had a coldsore in her eye. Did you know there's such thing as Zovirax eyedrops? Well there is.

One of my mortal enemies (of which I have two) is emailing me about worky stuff, wanting me to do work for them. I thought I had dodged this bullet late last year when I gave a seriously heightened quote but no, they're back, and it pains me to even have to correspond through email. The only thing that makes it more bearable is how funny it is to see how friendly they're being in the emails, like nothing ever happened and we're great pals, and I'm firing back the most formal impersonal replies, like I haven't a clue who they are. It's the little things :)

Acoshla wrote: »
    One of my mortal enemies (of which I have two) is emailing me about worky stuff, wanting me to do work for them. I thought I had dodged this bullet late last year when I gave a seriously heightened quote but no, they're back, and it pains me to even have to correspond through email. The only thing that makes it more bearable is how funny it is to see how friendly they're being in the emails, like nothing ever happened and we're great pals, and I'm firing back the most formal impersonal replies, like I haven't a clue who they are. It's the little things :)

Take their monies and smirk all the way to the bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mushroom soup for lunch, yum :)

Time of the month pains, ugh! Go away please!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Take their monies and smirk all the way to the bank.

Luckily I don't have to see them in person so I might just do that, if I actually had to physically deal with them the money wouldn't even be worth it. I just don't see why they're coming to me, I thought we had an equal level of hatred for each other, maybe they realised they were actually the as$hole in the situation, only took 6 years!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Lazy day at home... All the doggies outside now..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement