Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

there's bound to be an alternative card there to suit every occasion ;)
    Hahah, there's some great ones on that! :D

I love this one, reminds me of that thread about the trying to get girls into science adverts!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Posy wrote: »
    Hahah, there's some great ones on that! :D

There are! I've wanted for ages to make cards for occasions/events that aren't catered for, but I'm not remotely artistic. So when she started these I was happy that someone was doing it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Where would you go to buy a funky picture. Not a painting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Albection

Kiera wrote: »

/takes picture of self. posts to Kiera

Problem solved!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

May I present to you http://www.redbubble.com/people/twisteddoodles - there's bound to be an alternative card there to suit every occasion ;)

I don't think any card suits "I don't like your fiancé", but thanks :pac::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Acoshla wrote: »

Ha! Yeah, that might be a bit awkward alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Fed up of being made to feel like a failure or that I didn't try hard enough just because I don't like australia and am going home! Is there some rule book that I don't know about that says everyone that goes to australia must love it and never come home!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

akamossy wrote: »
    Fed up of being made to feel like a failure or that I didn't try hard enough just because I don't like australia and am going home! Is there some rule book that I don't know about that says everyone that goes to australia must love it and never come home!

My cousin hated it and couldn't wait to come home. Don't think I could go there myself.

Nope, I don't get the appeal of Australia at all, have no intention of ever going there. I know a few people who came home quite quick and one friend there for 5 years would come home in a heartbeat if she could, I love Ireland myself, lots of people think I'm mad or lying but I've travelled around, lived abroad and am always delighted to come home!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My cousin hated it and couldn't wait to come home. Don't think I could go there myself.

Ya I gave it a go, I don't like it, I wanna go home! I don't see the big deal. My family are extremely supportive and can't wait for me to come home. My bfs family are a different story, whoever is feeding them stories that australia is the land of riches are a bunch of idiots. I've never been so brole and miserable in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

A good friend of mine has some amazing landscape shots you can check out online here.... http://www.kelvingillmor.com/gallery.html

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Feel sorry for the guy staying in our room in the hostel with us, I'd say my bfs snoring is driving him mad. He's left the room about ten times haha! I'm almost used to it haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I'm pretty sure this site should have it :pac:

www.someecards.com

• Administrators Posts: 53,459 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Im now offically 32... Got clinique 3 step face stuff , a book case and 7 books... happy days.

Kids all off school now. have to attend a meeting later at the secondary school, busy busy, busy.
    Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day :D
    FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Happy Birthday, Grindelwald!

Big celebrity news day: baby Adele on the way, Lauryn Hill might be going to jail and Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are finito. People on twitter don't know what to do with themselves.

Remember the big "Free Katie" meme a few years back? :pac:
    To be honest, I'm not at all surprised Katie and Tom are divorcing, in the past couple of months she has looked utterly miserable in most pics I've seen of her, and any pics that she smiled in, looked to be a false smile.
    In other amazeballs news I saw Holly Willoughbooby in real life!! I love her, I did my best not to mortify myself/boyfriend by groping her, drooling on her and telling her I loved her, just took some photos of her that I will treasure forever. I'm such a perv :o
    You are so lucky! I love Holly, she's so pretty, feminine, bubble, lovely etc, would love to meet her. I love her style too, wish I had her figure.
    Ignore them, you went out, tried it and you don't like it, at least you can say you gave it a chance and it's not for you. You should do what makes you happy and to hell with everyone else.

Had a great night with the bf last night :D Has a fab t-bone steak for mains, and fresh salmon and leek soup for starter, raspberry and vanilla ice cream for dessert, all for €16 :D

The bf had rack of lamb, it looked amazing, was half tempted to go for that instead of the steak.

Tried captian morgains and coke, didn't like it, found it very sweet, so then I tried JD and coke, which I loved, it's delicious :D

Off to make pizza for dinner now :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Just rang the nice person who posted me back my licence from galway.
    It's one of those "restore your faith in humanity" things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Went for coffee yesterday evening with friends and 2 of them were talking about the Hunger Games because they are both reading it!

The other friend got up and left, then i got up and left. We ran into each other in the queue buying it in Tesco! :o

Its actually really good started it this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I got hit on by a guy last night, and it wasn't creepy. yay :) why can't all guys manage that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Feel sorry for the guy staying in our room in the hostel with us, I'd say my bfs snoring is driving him mad. He's left the room about ten times haha! I'm almost used to it haha

I threw a bottle of water at a guy snoring in a hostel years ago. Sounded like a fecking chainsaw. He was the only one in a room of eight getting any sleep so I made sure to wake him up.

Am a bit of a cranky hore when tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Try on etsy.com, you might have to trawl for a while but you'll find some absolute gems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I hated Australia too, just did not get the attraction at all. My sister lived there for a year but I couldn't wait to get home after a few weeks there.
    Ignore the boyfriends family, your family being supportive is what matters. I maintain the reason the myth exists that people never want to come home from Oz is cause they can't actually afford it :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Soooooooo jealous! I wanna go to Ladies Tea :(

me too :(

*plans drive to galway*
    "ohai i was just in the neighbourhood, having tea? don't mind if i do..."

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Links234 wrote: »
    I got hit on by a guy last night, and it wasn't creepy. yay :) why can't all guys manage that?

The erotic draw of the ninja boots.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Tea and toblerone...mmm :)

Boyfriend has been playing some computer game since 10am while I washed 4 washes of clothes, 75% of which are his, sorted out a cat pee covered duvet, organised my wardrobe, washed the dishes, did a bit of work, cleaned the spare bedroom, etc etc. He asked me if I wanted him to take a wash out of machine and put it in dryer, I said yep that would be a help while I ate my dinner, 15 minutes later I did it because he "didn't get around to it"...he's sitting on his ass at the computer, he makes it sound like he was actually busy!

I'm bored and lonely, boys are annoying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Was really enjoying that how to be a woman book and now can't find it anywhere.
    Also that cake picture gets me every time I go to this thread and I'm not even that into chocolate.

Its available on amazon for a tenner :)

i dont like chocolate either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The erotic draw of the ninja boots.

:)
    totally must've been that! :D my boots did draw a lot of attention last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I made a lemon tart today :) recipe was kind of confusing...'bake until barely set'....so I baked it until it wasnt really jelly like? It's cooling now.

I had left over pastry and made two small tarts. One lemon and one apple and raspberry.

I hope they taste nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement