Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I feel really boring for coming home from work drinks so early, to sit in alone with the tv, after a few drinks. But my feet were very tired, and I'm in a cuddly mood and while I have nobody to be cuddly with at home, I wasn't in the mood to get drunk with other people....

I am so not making the most of my twenties. Gah.

you've 10 more years to make the most of it :P Plenty time

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Happy birthday grindelwald!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I need more/better friends. Yeah.

Everything okay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Happy Birthday Grindelwald!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Links234 wrote: »
    I don't know! Did anyone else talk about it since I mentioned it? I was thinking some weekend we could go get like tea/coffee/cakes/whatever somewhere

Sounds awesome, should we take this to the Private Forum or pm and organise it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I need more/better friends. Yeah.

Your post made me think of this pic I saw earlier

575384_405109632859329_2020320988_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Novella wrote: »
    Everything okay?

Ah yeah. It'd just be nice to have friends who are willing and able to help *me* for a change. I always seem to be the one who's called on for advice/support/help with stuff which is fine, I'm good at that stuff. A bit of give with the take would be appreciated from certain people though.

It's a general pattern, though, I find. I tend to ask for very little, so people aren't used to it when I do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Acoshla wrote: »
    Links234 wrote: »
    I don't know! Did anyone else talk about it since I mentioned it? I was thinking some weekend we could go get like tea/coffee/cakes/whatever somewhere

Sounds awesome, should we take this to the Private Forum or pm and organise it? :)
    Private forum I thunk :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah yeah. It'd just be nice to have friends who are willing and able to help *me* for a change. I always seem to be the one who's called on for advice/support/help with stuff which is fine, I'm good at that stuff. A bit of give with the take would be appreciated from certain people though.

It's a general pattern, though, I find. I tend to ask for very little, so people aren't used to it when I do!

I could have written this post. Hope you're alright. :)

It's true though better to have one or two you CAN call on then 20 you can't. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The Damien Rice sad music has been joined by the sad Bell X1, and I'm not entirely sure why.

I'd like a tea meet up! Cork, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

We are crying laughing here after watching these, particularly funny having grown up surrounded by these accents!:http://www.youtube.com/user/SminkyAnimation

Ladies could possible be going to a kinda music fest in Belfast when visiting the sister!

Help me choose!! Its between:

1)Skrillex
    2) Two Door Cinema Club and Noah & The Whale
    3)David Guetta

I dont know which to pick! :o

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Belsonic-tickets/artist/1452639

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Ladies could possible be going to a kinda music fest in Belfast when visiting the sister!

1)Skrillex
    3)David Guetta

But they're ALL awesome...

Ok, the Facebook style notifications of the new boards skin is bothering my slight OCD tendencies... :o

David Guetta!

SarahBeep if only my bank account is as awesome as all of them!! :o
    Ive seen TDCC but i love them but i also love David Guetta and Skrillex!

David Guetta!

I'd love to see him actually! Ahh i dunno!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

1)Skrillex
    3)David Guetta

Skrillex you say?

:pac:

I do love the sound of dial up!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Damien Rice sad music has been joined by the sad Bell X1, and I'm not entirely sure why.

your inbox is full :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dammit, The Wire is as addictive as ever, season 2 here we go.

Work is so quiet, I'm boooooored, needs company :(

Work is so quiet, I'm boooooored, needs company :(

I should probably know this, but what is it you do?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Ever have one of those days where all is right with the world, what needs fixing is in progress, and then you come home and just enjoy having a good life, a good partner, and the sense of a job well done?

That was me today, rare, but fab :)

And I've a great weekend to look forward to)

I should probably know this, but what is it you do?

Help desk for an American company, to do with security breaches and card fraud. So fun!

Help desk for an American company, to do with security breaches and card fraud. So fun!

Ooh. Right. One of those 'sound interesting but in reality not' jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

1)Skrillex
    3)David Guetta

Option 2! Two Door Cinema Club are so good live, and I'd love to see Noah and the Whale.
    I feel really boring for coming home from work drinks so early, to sit in alone with the tv, after a few drinks. But my feet were very tired, and I'm in a cuddly mood and while I have nobody to be cuddly with at home, I wasn't in the mood to get drunk with other people....

I am so not making the most of my twenties. Gah.

I do that so often. But I figure I might as well practise and then I'll be really really good at being middle-aged when I actually am. He who laughs last...:) Also I'd be up for a Cork lunch/tea/cake, I'm jealous of the Galway people and it never worked out before.

bluewolf, sorry to hear about your exam, but congratulations on your cake creation, it looks unreal. :pac: (<--- that is how I'd look if the cake was in front of me.)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Yep, but can't do it for the next three weeks :( Off to London :D

WN, know exactly what you are saying, and then when you need help, its nearly impossible to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I would pick Two Door Cinema Club, they're great live.
    Ok, the Facebook style notifications of the new boards skin is bothering my slight OCD tendencies... :o
    Haha, me too! The number is bugging me so much.

• Advertisement

Option 2! Two Door Cinema Club are so good live, and I'd love to see Noah and the Whale.

Ive seen Two Door Cinema club live before! They are unreal!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement