Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Options

Comments

Genuinely surprised at how many of the rooms that I'm looking at in Dublin are for sharing with other people. Could never do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

That's the thing though - I don't think anyone would be able to tell you're trans unless you went around with a sign on your forehead. I don't think I've ever noticed a trans person in a women's bathroom, and I must have run into at least 1 in my lifetime.

I'm sorry to hear your friends have had trouble though. That's really disgusting. I weep for humanity at times, I really do :(

Don't have a sign on my forehead, but I still seem to get called "sir" the odd time, so it's enough to make me think that I don't really look quite that feminine. :(

I'll stop being all moany though, here's something funny instead:

BzEDb.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Genuinely surprised at how many of the rooms that I'm looking at in Dublin are for sharing with other people. Could never do that.

Ugh, that'd seriously feel like not having any privacy ever...

Ugh, that'd seriously feel like not having any privacy ever...

I know! Plus you could never really bring anyone back, if you wanted to, as there's a good chance they'd be there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

one hour til i can leave and chill out with friend and try to forget for a short while that i failed
    baileys and malteser cheesecake inc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

I wholeheartedly agree with that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think sharing an apartment is bad enough, never mind a room. That said, I really like my own space! Just can't afford it :(

I don't mind sharing a house/apartment, because my room usually becomes my place to cool off/relax/get away from the world. You just can't get that if you share a room too. I'd go absolutely cracked!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Sharing a room would be far too much like being 10 years old again, tbh :pac:. Though a friend of mine lives on campus and his apartment has 3 shared rooms - 2 to a room. I couldn't deal with that at all! No privacy whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Sharing a room would be far too much like being 10 years old again, tbh :pac:. Though a friend of mine lives on campus and his apartment has 3 shared rooms - 2 to a room. I couldn't deal with that at all! No privacy whatsoever.

even if you didn't want to bring someone home you couldnt am do anything...

totally need me space in general to chill and read or whatever would kill me to share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

bluewolf wrote: »

totally need me space in general to chill and read or whatever would kill me to share

You could em write up a timetable for 'Alone' time :p

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Novella wrote: »
    I think sharing an apartment is bad enough, never mind a room. That said, I really like my own space! Just can't afford it :(

Have been living on my own for nearly a year at this stage. Would never share again with anyone I wasn't in a relationship with. Love having my own space, and never feeling like I'm treading on anyone's toes. :)

Or you could stare them in the eye as you take care of business :pac:. You'd have loads of privacy in future! :D:D

Thing is the rooms on campus are quite small for sharing - they barely fit 2 beds, 2 desks and 2 tiny bedside lockers. It'd drive me nuts. The upside is that the security on campus is really good.

I'd still rather pay the little extra for a single room though.

You could em write up a timetable for 'Alone' time :p

hilarious
    "7-8pm daily need alone time"

6 people in an apartment sounds as bad even without the sharing rooms bit

i will never forget going to look at a houseshare in terenure adv as 2-3 people living there
    there must have been 3 couples and about 4 other lads as well
    no sitting room - converted into a bedroom
    luckily i got there before the landlord, and the other people there told me about it
    :rolleyes:
    and some ridiculous "bills 120 a month each" nonsense
    they must have been raking in a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Have been living on my own for nearly a year at this stage. Would never share again with anyone I wasn't in a relationship with. Love having my own space, and never feeling like I'm treading on anyone's toes. :)

Yeah, I lived on my own for a year and it was the best thing ever. Hopefully it will happen again someday!

hilarious
    "7-8pm daily need alone time"

That'd get awkward pretty quick :P

6 people in an apartment sounds as bad even without the sharing rooms bit

I dunno how he put up with it, tbh. He changed apartments mid-way through the year because his first room-mate kept making sexual advances to him :pac:
    i will never forget going to look at a houseshare in terenure adv as 2-3 people living there
    there must have been 3 couples and about 4 other lads as well
    no sitting room - converted into a bedroom
    luckily i got there before the landlord, and the other people there told me about it
    :rolleyes:
    and some ridiculous "bills 120 a month each" nonsense
    they must have been raking in a fortune

What??? :eek: I assume this must have been on par with Áras an Uachtaráin to merit €120 per month for bills shared between 10/12 people??

they justified it with some sh!te about getting a cleaner in but i duno, still too expensive
    total scam/racket

god, advances from room mate, even worse for personal space

Yep, sounds like a total scam :pac:

Advances from his male room-mate (he's not gay) :P I'd rather get one of those tiny, depressing bedsits with a crying chair than share a room with someone. Half the time it works out to be the same rent anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd rather live on rice and water than share a room with someone, a house or apartment yeah sure, but a room?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's been so warm that our windows have been open for the last two nights. Both nights, our cats have jumped in the window and onto the bed around the 2am mark. Both times I've slept through the whole thing, and himself has had to get up and try and feed them and put them to bed, while I snored on oblivious... This does not bode well for him if we ever have a baby :pac:

I was thinking more like this, which doesn't even have room for a crying chair :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That's a pretty upmarket crying chair. Sure you'd expect nothing less in Rathmines.

there was one recently with the chair fitted in so you could sit down and watch... the microwave :D

there was one recently with the chair fitted in so you could sit down and watch... the microwave :D

I saw that in AH :D It's already been snapped up though - shame. Whoever got it is one lucky devil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I stayed in a dive centre once where the bathroom was so small, the only way to use the shower was to sit on the jacks at the same time, I kid you not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

Studied abroad one year and had to share a room with a friend. We are no longer on speaking terms! :pac:

i cant even imagine how that would work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Wouldn't be mad keen on sharing a house with someone I didn't know, to be honest. Never mind a room! Where would you hide all your secrets, hmm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement