Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Hey does the HEAR financial aid etc. only apply to the first year or is it for every year you're in college?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Hey does the HEAR financial aid etc. only apply to the first year or is it for every year you're in college?

Every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mairead1992

Hi I got 460 and I want 2 do pe teaching in ul points last year were 495 I qualified for hear scheme wat r my chances of gettin in wit hear scheme? Anyone else in similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Melissa_Sarah

Hey:) I got 445 points and i'm eligible for hear does anyone know what are the chances are of me being excepted on a course that points are 520ish?:/

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Hey:) I got 445 points and i'm eligible for hear does anyone know what are the chances are of me being excepted on a course that points are 520ish?:/

Depends on the course? If it's something like Law/other popular courses, odds are very low!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Hi I got 460 and I want 2 do pe teaching in ul points last year were 495 I qualified for hear scheme wat r my chances of gettin in wit hear scheme? Anyone else in similar situation?

I would say you have a fairly good chance. Lots of people would get Tht kind of reduction.

I would say it's possible but unlikely. 75 ppoints is quite a lot.

Don't forget about the likely points increase this year.

I think most people would getter better help if they went onto the fourms of the college they want to go to. There is a bigger chance of someone who got into your course through HEAR, and possibly know about the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I got accepted for HEAR, and say if I didn't get a place first time round through HEAR, would there be any chance at all of getting in through HEAR in round 2, as there only a certain amount of places?
    And if the reduced points for round 2 were equal/less than MY points, could I be accepted the normal route or only through HEAR?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

biohaiid wrote: »
    Its Psychology in UCD.
    I just checked again and I think the round 2 points for it last year were 510, if that would make a difference?

This is going to sound stupid but, how do I check what the round 2 points were for a course was last year? I've never heard of this "round 2 points" thing untill I read this thread :o I had a very bad guidance counsellor :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

This is going to sound stupid but, how do I check what the round 2 points were for a course was last year? I've never heard of this "round 2 points" thing untill I read this thread :o I had a very bad guidance counsellor :rolleyes:

Here you go, http://www2.cao.ie/points/LVL8_2011_rnd2xyz.htm

• Advertisement

I didn't either, don't worry. :L
    And this is going to sound stupid ..
    But anytime I checked they were 515. On every website etc ..
    But then someone send me a link for other reasons and it said minimum 510, so I just guessed that it went down for round 2 offers.

If there is a possibility that you will be accepted in round two then the chances are that you will get in round one through HEAR.

I don't know how to check round two points but the points listed on the college website are the minimum that was accepted including round two three etc (excluding HEAR students)

A lot of people seem to be talking about round two. You have to remember that it is extremely unlikely that an offer will be made in round two. Even less likely if you are a HEAR applicant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 trytilidie

..i got 365 in my lc...what are the chances of my getting any of these courses ... i am on the hear scheme...

1. DN650 Commerce
    2. DN500 BA Degree - joint honours - full time - Economics / Politics and Intl Relations
    3. DN510 Economics
    4. DN200 Science - Biological, Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences
    5. DN660 Commerce International - Chinese / French

..just want to see my chances of getting my course with the hear scheme. thanks...

i dont mind not gettn commerce... arts will do fine or anything on that list! thanks !

There is already a thread for the HEAR scheme. Do you also expect everyone to go searching for the points for those courses?

Edit: my post and the one above must have been moved here
    That's why I said there is already a thread for the HEAR scheme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

trytilidie wrote: »
    ..i got 365 in my lc...what are the chances of my getting any of these courses ... i am on the hear scheme...

..just want to see my chances of getting my course with the hear scheme. thanks...

i dont mind not gettn commerce... arts will do fine or anything on that list! thanks !

You would really have to give an idea of what points the courses usually are for anyone to hazard a guess. Unfortunately all anyone can do is guess, I'm sure you're all sick of hearing this but there's nothing much you can do except wait til Monday :)

trytilidie wrote: »

1. DN650 Commerce
    2. DN500 BA Degree - joint honours - full time - Economics / Politics and Intl Relations
    3. DN510 Economics
    4. DN200 Science - Biological, Biomedical and Biomolecular Sciences
    5. DN660 Commerce International - Chinese / French

Commerce is probably unlikely as it's mid four hundreds, but you have last year's Arts points so with HEAR I'd say you should definitely get a place. Arts points usually don't fluctuate much as it's a fairly set supply and demand each year!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

DylanII I really hope so! Oh so seeing as you're a leader do you know anything about what we're going to be doing during orientation? Also around how much will the HEAR grant be? I know it changes every year but an estimate?

chomps_x wrote: »
    DylanII I really hope so! Oh so seeing as you're a leader do you know anything about what we're going to be doing during orientation? Also around how much will the HEAR grant be? I know it changes every year but an estimate?

Approx 800 plus 200 book voucher. There are more people this year so could be less. Also not everyone is going to get to go to orientation :(

There's a lot of stuff to be doing at launchpad, mainly around getting to know each other and the campus.

DylanII wrote: »
    Approx 800 plus 200 book voucher. There are more people this year so could be less. Also not everyone is going to get to go to orientation :(

There's a lot of stuff to be doing at launchpad, mainly around getting to know each other and the campus.

Why won't everyone be brought this year?

Avox wrote: »
    Why won't everyone be brought this year?

Im not really sure. All I know is that there will be a waiting list and that if you get the opportunity to go then do, its not something you should willingly miss, although I know many people will be delighted they don't have to go, they dont know what they are missing out on!

The good news is that there will be more people coming in though HEAR to maynooth this year and thats why they cant bring everyone, just too many people and I dont think it was planned for that many.

• Advertisement

When will we know if we will be going to orientation or not? Because I have to book the 4 days off work so need to know as soon as possible, Technically I'm supposed to give a weeks notice...

When will we know if we will be going to orientation or not? Because I have to book the 4 days off work so need to know as soon as possible, Technically I'm supposed to give a weeks notice...

Most people will have to go and a few who can not. I think the letters will be sent on Monday

Most people will have to go and a few who can not. I think the letters will be sent on Monday

Oh okay cool well I really want to go :) It'll be great craic! Thanks :D

Oh one last question... Do we bring our own food to cook in the apartments or are we given food in the canteen or whats the jazz?

Oh okay cool well I really want to go :) It'll be great craic! Thanks :D

Oh one last question... Do we bring our own food to cook in the apartments or are we given food in the canteen or whats the jazz?

You must supply your own food and there is no electricity in the apartments to cook. Most people just eat chocolate and energy bars for the few days.

No, everything is provided all you need is your clothes. Cooked food is provided.

You must supply your own food and there is no electricity in the apartments to cook. Most people just eat chocolate and energy bars for the few days.

No, everything is provided all you need is your clothes. Cooked food is provided.

HAHAHA I started reading that and I was thinking ":eek:"
    Thanks again Dylan, sorry to be asking so many questions lol :p

No problem. Just remember that anything I say could be wrong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Anyway of finding out what points the HEAR applications got in on for a particular course? Is this tabulated anywhere? I'm interested in finding out what UCD psychology students for HEAR got in on..

dubdub123 wrote: »
    Anyway of finding out what points the HEAR applications got in on for a particular course? Is this tabulated anywhere? I'm interested in finding out what UCD psychology students for HEAR got in on..

I don't think so.

I would say it would be useless info anyway because the points for HEAR students would very greatly each year.

dubdub123 wrote: »

If you find this info. anywhere could you please tell me? I want to do UCD Psychology too and am hoping for HEAR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cracknafobia

Hi I'm eligible for hear got 370 n de leaving my first choice is 405 and my 2nd is 325 if I want my 2nd choice do I have to decline my hear offer.or will I get my 1st choice with hear is there any way I can get my 2nd without reduced points and still get in on hear

Advertisement