Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

I think that the hear works for points only I may be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

hey guys! got my results today and i needed a B3 in maths for my course but i got a C2. As I'm legible for the hear scheme will there be a chance that i will still be accepted or is that out the window?

Hear works for points only not entry requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭smallgarden

hey guys! got my results today and i needed a B3 in maths for my course but i got a C2. As I'm legible for the hear scheme will there be a chance that i will still be accepted or is that out the window?

My understanding is that it's purely points only. The subject requirement is there as i'm guessing maths is an important component of the course you're hoping of doing and you need to be at a standard to do it.If I were you I'd view the paper just to double check it, to make sure you got all the marks you should have and to ensure it wasn't added up incorrectly. Maths is fairly black and white so less likely for results to change than other subjects.

Also you could look into repeating maths on its own next year to try get the B2. its obviously easier to get a higher grade if just studying one subject. You can use your points from this year if they're high enough and next years potential B2,to gain entry to your course assuming they don't go up next year.

Also hopefully you've applied to level 6 and level 7 courses which normally have lower entry requirements. There might be a level 6/7 version of your course which you can do which you can later progress on to a level 8

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

I applied for HEAR last year and was accepted, but I didn't go to college. I repeated the Leaving Certificate and I put in last years number at the bottom of the application to say I'm carrying it forward. They never sent me a letter or anything to say I got it this year though so I'm a little confused if I got it or not. Anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

Shane15 wrote: »
    I applied for HEAR last year and was accepted, but I didn't go to college. I repeated the Leaving Certificate and I put in last years number at the bottom of the application to say I'm carrying it forward. They never sent me a letter or anything to say I got it this year though so I'm a little confused if I got it or not. Anyone know?

You have it automatically. It's valid for 2 years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement