Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Oh right, that's very true...

I had a friend who was eligible for HEAR, but got into their course using their points they got themselves, they never mentioned any of the other benefits of HEAR they got along with it..
    Never thought of the financial side of things.

Sorry :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Avox wrote: »
    Sorry but that's not true. If you get the points for the course, and you've been accepted by HEAR, you've gotten one of the HEAR places. In high demand courses, most of the HEAR places can go to people who already have the points and no-one can get a reduction.

HEAR isn't just about the points reductions, it's about the financial and educational assistance that's provided to you.

Thanks for clearing that up :) That's what I was wondering about, if I'd go through the HEAR route regardless. I know this isn't the point but I'd almost feel guilty if I got the points anyway and "took away" a place from someone that could have gotten a reduction. I know that's not what it's about, but still :P I agree with you though, too many people seem to focus on the points reductions and almost forget about the extra assistance - which really should be the main focus in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

I didn't get a letter this morning anyway :/ just another statement of application

Anyone get their HEAR letter?

Nope same didn't get one, just a statement of application too..:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Didn't get any letter at all :( saw a letter directed to me and I was like grand job...opened it, it was the age card form. Still though happy I can get that sorted out now.
    ^Here does that mean ye didn't get it? :/

• Advertisement

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Didn't get any letter at all :( saw a letter directed to me and I was like grand job...opened it, it was the age card form. Still though happy I can get that sorted out now.
    ^Here does that mean ye didn't get it? :/

Nope you will get a letter saying if you got it or not

Actually annoying having to wait the weekend now like

^Thanks for clearing that up! Yeah thats a balls. I know it's not gonna make a difference to me about what courses I'm gonna change before sunday but still woulda been nice to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭JustLen

Nope, no letter its madness that they don't let people know before the CAO deadline. The most annoying part is that I was told on the phone it would definitely be here, bad form

Lads if you ring the CAO and give them your CAO number they can tell you oover the phone.

Didn't get it myself best of luck to eveyrone else!

• Advertisement

Oh I'm tempted but I think I'll wait to get the letter. I like to have concrete evidence, whether I got it or not. I know that if I rang I'd probably be doubting myself afterwards thinking "Did they say that I got it or not?" :P

Must be getting alot of calls or something, I can't get through.. xD

Na f*ck that I'm not ringing. I'll only get too emotional for some unknown reason. And if I don't get it I'll end up going ape sh*t with the call person. I'm not too bothered as I mentioned above but cheers for telling us that. I might get the balls to do it l8r on now that I think of it :L

Haha everyone was dying to find out and now they can they wont!
    nervey stuff alright but atleast now I know so I can put it behind me, would of been worse living in hope for the weekend just to be dissapointed monday.
    Best of luck anyway to all

Gave my CAO number and everything, and then my credit ran out.. And I never found out, it's just not on. :L

Haha think I'll just leave it now. :L

^Thats very true indeed...yeah I think I might ring. But after the comfort of a fry up and Home + Away :P Sorry that you didn't get it though :/ Era you probably won't need it for the pts anyway ;) but the financial help would be of use to every student, no matter what situation they have like. Did they give you a reason why you didn't get it??

Anyone else call up? Did you's get it? ;) ;P

Going to ring up in the afternoon. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

About to ring! If any of you saw my post from last night you know how anxious I am about this so I can't wait the weekend.

^All the best. Well I've got food and Home + Away into me but I remembered I must cut a hedge by our house...oh what a shame. I was really looking fwd to ringing...not. F*ck it Hamlet still exists. 'Procrastination is like masturbation, you're f*cking yourself' :D

They won't answer :(

• Advertisement

It took me a while to get through earlier, it kept on ringing out but eventually got there. :L
    Good luck with it. :)

Decided I'm not checking it, will wait until Monday :D.

I'm eligible. :O xD

What did you guys say when you rang up? I sort of want to but don't know what to say, I hate talking on the phone :o :P

I just said I hadn't got the HEAR letter today and would they be able to give me details of whether I'm eligible or not.
    Got connected onto someone else, and they just asked for my CAO number and name, told me I was eligible for HEAR and just what would happen on results day regarding HEAR.

That's it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HEAR Op

Hi There,
    you will will receive a letter in the post from CAO with information about the outcome of your HEAR Application.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I was onto the CAO and they said yous are wrong. People who get the points without the HEAR scheme do not take up HEAR places but they will also get the finincial aid. The colleges have much larger student aid funds than they actually need for HEAR and DARE so everyone can be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

What kind of financial aid are we talking about here? A student loan or a grant of some kind? What do they provide?

I got DARE! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

GarIT wrote: »
    I was onto the CAO and they said yous are wrong. People who get the points without the HEAR scheme do not take up HEAR places but they will also get the finincial aid. The colleges have much larger student aid funds than they actually need for HEAR and DARE so everyone can be covered.

That's not true, and the CAO rep who told you it must have been misinformed. On my course all of the HEAR Applicants got their points (there's only 4 of us, and others in the HEAR Scheme missed out on this exact course.).
    subz3r0 wrote: »
    What kind of financial aid are we talking about here? A student loan or a grant of some kind? What do they provide?

It's funding by the EU basically, you need to provide receipts to the value of €800 is what it usually is, and they'll give you a grant for that amount..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Avox wrote: »
    That's not true, and the CAO rep who told you it must have been misinformed. On my course all of the HEAR Applicants got their points (there's only 4 of us, and others in the HEAR Scheme missed out on this exact course.).

Thats odd, I don't know what's going on so.

Advertisement