Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Wehwehweh

Anybody here heading to Trinity? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Simon8226

Ok, im really confused in my case.
    I got accepted for HEAR way back in July or whatever and I got 470 points last week and the course was 470 points and I accepted the offer but I havent heard anything from HEAR or have no letters from them. Does that mean im not a HEAR student because I met the course points?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

After the I took the offer in DCU (for which I had waaay more than enough points) I only got an email from Access which had two forms attached. I filled them out and emailed them back. I dunno if I should even be expecting any letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Is anyone else going to UCD for the orientation this Saturday until Wednesday? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Simon8226 wrote: »
    Ok, im really confused in my case.
    I got accepted for HEAR way back in July or whatever and I got 470 points last week and the course was 470 points and I accepted the offer but I havent heard anything from HEAR or have no letters from them. Does that mean im not a HEAR student because I met the course points?

I haven't heard anything either, but if they sent you a letter back in June/July, then you're still a HEAR student. You just didn't need the reduced points, but you still get all the other benefits :)

• Advertisement

I haven't heard anything either, but if they sent you a letter back in June/July, then you're still a HEAR student. You just didn't need the reduced points, but you still get all the other benefits :)
    You need to have passed all the colleges matriculation requirements also!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

KTBFFH wrote: »
    You need to have passed all the colleges matriculation requirements also!

If he already got the letter saying he was eligible, then he has passed them

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Wehwehweh wrote: »
    Anybody here heading to Trinity? :)

I am :) what course you doing?

If he already got the letter saying he was eligible, then he has passed them
    I thought he said he only got the letter ''way back in July''? He didn't even have the Leaving Cert. done then so he could not have matriculated.

Human helath & Disease :D
    You?

MSISS :) did you get any letter or anything off Trinity yet?

• Advertisement

No no havn't received anything yet just the two emails from earlier today! You?

No no havn't received anything yet just the two emails from earlier today! You?

Exact same :) can't wait till college starts now :P

Just wondering if anyone has heard what kind of financial support HEAR offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Hey guys, got my course without the reduced points but haven't heard anything from HEAR people since mid-July when they sent me a letter confirming my acceptance into the scheme. Should i be worried? :confused:

Hey guys, got my course without the reduced points but haven't heard anything from HEAR people since mid-July when they sent me a letter confirming my acceptance into the scheme. Should i be worried? :confused:

No you'll receive all the other benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yeovil247

Myself and my friend were both going for science in Trinity. I got 460 and was accepted through DARE. He got 505 and was rejected(Science is 510 in TCD). Needless to say he was devastated. I feel so guilty now. I really hope he gets it on the second round!

Lynchy747 wrote: »
    Exact same :) can't wait till college starts now :P

Same here! Just dying to start now! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

No you'll receive all the other benefits

Oh yeah but i meant should i have heard from them again by now? :)

Oh yeah but i meant should i have heard from them again by now? :)

No, you'll hear from the HEI which is giving you the benefits, in your case Trinity. I received a letter this morning with an application etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SAM94

I never got the letter yet..what documents do we have to send?! Also I heard that if we got accepted for hear we would need to show the original documents of the ones we sent months back..I don't have the originals as they are the ones I sent away. I wonder would copies be alright?:/

I didnt realise we had to send the original documents back too? I just filled out and sent the forms that were in the envelope! So confused. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Got my letter from UCC Plus this morn anyway, can't wait to hear more about the orientation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Nerd1

Anyone here got into medicine through hear?if so how many points did hear take off?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

So a few months ago on Boards I heard someone talking about deferring their place for a year, I'm wondering if I can do this?

If I can, how do I? :P

Any help is welcomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

j.a.m.i.e wrote: »
    Are you sure about dressing up? It'd nearly put me off going to Launchpad

Jamie just do it for the craic! I've decided to dress up as a cave woman so you'll know who I am when you see me hahaha :p I'm bringing spare costumes as well because I'd say a few people thought it was just normal 'night out' clothes and not costumes :) I've a mens grim reaper costume (basically a black full length dress with a hood :p) If we cross paths during orientation you're more than welcome to borrow it lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Ice And Fire

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    So a few months ago on Boards I heard someone talking about deferring their place for a year, I'm wondering if I can do this?

If I can, how do I? :P

Any help is welcomed!
    yes you can but do it fast if by post. If by e-mail try and get your application into the institution before the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

chomps_x wrote: »
    j.a.m.i.e wrote: »
    Are you sure about dressing up? It'd nearly put me off going to Launchpad

Jamie just do it for the craic! I've decided to dress up as a cave woman so you'll know who I am when you see me hahaha :p I'm bringing spare costumes as well because I'd say a few people thought it was just normal 'night out' clothes and not costumes :) I've a mens grim reaper costume (basically a black full length dress with a hood :p) If we cross paths during orientation you're more than welcome to borrow it lol...

It's optional but please do dress up if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 j.a.m.i.e

chomps_x wrote: »

Yeah I was hoping it was just clothes for going out!! Thanks for the offer :) But not sure if i'll be going to Launchpad or not, i'm on the waiting list so doubt it! :confused:

yes you can but do it fast if by post. If by e-mail try and get your application into the institution before the weekend.

So I email the college?

But what if I'm planning on putting a different college as my first choice on my next CAO, won't that make a difference?

:confused:

kayleigh01 wrote: »

So I email the college?

But what if I'm planning on putting a different college as my first choice on my next CAO, won't that make a difference?

:confused:

If you defer you must only apply for the course you have deferred. I.e the course you defer must be the number one choice. If you put any other courses you will lose your deferred place.

Source: Read the CAO handbook a few times :P

• Advertisement

If you defer you must only apply for the course you have deferred. I.e the course you defer must be the number one choice. If you put any other courses you will lose your deferred place.

Source: Read the CAO handbook a few times :P

No, no, I mean deferring my HEAR place, not my course!

Or do I just have to apply all over again next year?

Advertisement