Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Did anybody else get the HEAR letter from UCD? I thought that orientation was for a few days on the 25th - 29th. That's what it said on the HEAR qualification letter. However according to the letter its only for one day on Monday 11.30 - 4 o'clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Iony94

Caireann wrote: »
    Did anybody else get the HEAR letter from UCD? I thought that orientation was for a few days on the 25th - 29th. That's what it said on the HEAR qualification letter. However according to the letter its only for one day on Monday 11.30 - 4 o'clock.

Ye exactly , I'm confused i have the same problem .... when are we supposed to go .... :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Willbbz wrote: »
    If I decide to take my PLC course over my level 7 / 8 will I still receive any of the benefits of HEAR ?

Afraid not, there's a list of all the colleges that take part in HEAR/Dare here.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

Umm, anyone get the "DCU Access Offer" email?

Do you just print it out and post it?

Also, what do I put down for the 7 digit "bank account" field and the "sortcode"?
    I need to post this by the 24th and I have no idea what to fill into them fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blinkie

Caireann wrote: »
    Looks like they're doing it different this year; people who met the indicator of Deis school or disadvantaged community do the 5 day program and everyone else a one day one. That's the only reason I can see.http://www.ucd.ie/openingworlds/ucdaccesscentre/supportsforhearstudents/incomingstudents2012/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Anyone going to UCC orientation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Luno wrote: »

ME :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

angela1711 wrote: »
    Me :D

Me too! :D My names Kelly Dowling btw just in case we bump into each other :)

chomps_x wrote: »
    Me too! :D My names Kelly Dowling btw just in case we bump into each other :)

I'm Caoimhe O'Connor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

It's your bank account number and the 6 digits is the sort code (NSC). You'll find it on your bank statement. My daughter just filled it in and dropped it in the post last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

For those confused about the UCD orientation here's the info.

HEAR Orientation 1: Sat 25th – Wed 29th - for students who are below the points, have attended a DEIS school or have met the indicator for living in area of disadvantage.

HEAR Orientation 2: Monday 3rd September (1 day – to cover all aspects of financial and other HEAR supports) – for students who are above the points, have not attended a DEIS school and do not live in an area of disadvantage.

If anyone has anymore question in regards to the UCD orientation feel free to post here or PM me and I'll do my best to answer. (I'm a student leader for it this year btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ter91

Reckon there would be a fair few people who bring no one? I'm heading up to the NUIG orientation programme alone.

I'm going to NUIG Orientation alone too, and so is one of the girls I know :)

On the maynooth launchpad letter it says:

"Items to bring on Launchpad

Clothes and toiletries for 4 days including sportswear, jacket, runners and fancy dress for disco."

Does that mean fancy dress as in a costume? Or fancy dress as in a nice dress you would wear on a night out?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Luno wrote: »

I think I am? :P As in I got a HEAR place in UCC but I haven't heard anything from them yet :L

Niamh94 wrote: »
    I think I am? :P As in I got a HEAR place in UCC but I haven't heard anything from them yet :L

Same, hope they hurry up and come in the post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Same, hope they hurry up and come in the post :)
    Me too :D I'm Niamh Harrington anyway if I see you there :D

Me too :D I'm Niamh Harrington anyway if I see you there :D

I'm Caoimhe O'Connor :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

On the maynooth launchpad letter it says:

"Items to bring on Launchpad

Clothes and toiletries for 4 days including sportswear, jacket, runners and fancy dress for disco."

Does that mean fancy dress as in a costume? Or fancy dress as in a nice dress you would wear on a night out?

As in a costume that you would wear on a night out around Halloween.

DylanII wrote: »

Haha really? :p Ohh god I dunno what to dress up as?

Haha really? :p Ohh god I dunno what to dress up as?

Don't worry it doesn't have to be brilliant. Just anything . . . People do suttle things like a checkered shirt and a hat as a cowboy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Hmm havent heard from hear yet..anyone know what we'll be doing at the NUIG orientation?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Hmm havent heard from hear yet..anyone know what we'll be doing at the NUIG orientation?:)

You should of got a letter out today explaining and with a timetable. Its mostly just a tour, talks and they organise entertainment for the evening.

I noticed that the only mention of money was the 10euro that we have to send away by thursday with our documents. Do we need to bring any extra money with us?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I DO!! Cause I help out with it! (I am one of the mentors!) It starts off on the Sunday night, your parents and yourself comes up and you have to listen to speechs for 30 mins. Then ye get taken on a tour around campus before dinner in the bialann. Your parents say goodbye and we bring ya back to Corrib Village where you settle in for the 3 nights. There is some activity on Sunday night (movie/storyelling/soccer)

Monday starts off with ye guys waking up early. Ye get taken into the Kingfisher and split into 2 different groups, each group doing a different activity for a while. You eat lunch in friars then hear speechs from people who provide services in the college! We then have have an orienteering contest around the college. Then we take you home where you are going to be cooking a dinner, before we all head back into the college for a ceili!

Tuesday is the same, stuck in lecture halls all day listening to people talk, and lunch in friars again. In the afternoon we go orienteering around the city and you buy food via a budget to cook dinner for yourselves. Back to Corrib, you cook, and there is another activity that evening.

On wedneday you get split into groups according to your course and you meet someone from your respective school (arts, science, engineering etc) where you hear a talk of what its like and you can then ask questions. Then to lunch, a last minute talk from us and the head of the programme, survey and home!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Raeone wrote: »
    You should of got a letter out today explaining and with a timetable. Its mostly just a tour, talks and they organise entertainment for the evening.

I noticed that the only mention of money was the 10euro that we have to send away by thursday with our documents. Do we need to bring any extra money with us?
    Only if you want to buy goodies. We provide money for your budget shopping on the tuesday and you live off what a poor student would normally!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 j.a.m.i.e

Are you sure about dressing up? It'd nearly put me off going to Launchpad

j.a.m.i.e wrote: »
    Are you sure about dressing up? It'd nearly put me off going to Launchpad

Yes. If you don't want to no one is going to force it onto you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sleahy18

does anyone here have any idea what the university of limerick HEAR orientation week is like? what actually goes on during the week? is it kind of childish or whats the story with it??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭youcantstopme

Anyone from dublin goin to nuig orientation?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Raeone wrote: »

I never got the letter yet..what documents do we have to send?! Also I heard that if we got accepted for hear we would need to show the original documents of the ones we sent months back..I don't have the originals as they are the ones I sent away. I wonder would copies be alright?:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Nerd1

Anyone hear got into medicine through hear?if so how many points did hear take off?
    Thanks

Advertisement