Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jenny101

I think I've sorted something out for this fancy dress , would zombie makeup do?..

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Sleahy18 wrote: »
    Anyone else heading to the UL HEAR orientation next tuesday?

I am. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

So anyone going to Maynooth orientation tomorrow know what their dressing up as yet?? :) 'cause I don't have a clue what to do:L

A terrorist but I cant find a decent beard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭youcantstopme

For nuig,when staying on campus is it mixed accomadation does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Has anyone heard anything about the UCC orientation? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Niamh94 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about the UCC orientation? :/

Yeah, I got my letter on Friday and got a confirmation email today (after I emailed them)
    If you haven't gotten a letter I'd email UCC PLUS ASAP, today is apparently the last day to confirm your place. PM me if you want the email address.

Luno wrote: »
    Yeah, I got my letter on Friday and got a confirmation email today (after I emailed them)
    If you haven't gotten a letter I'd email UCC PLUS ASAP, today is apparently the last day to confirm your place. PM me if you want the email address.
    Oh ya I got a letter alright, and I emailed them and they just said thank you for accepting, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the actual orientation week, coz it's next week and no-one seems to know what the story is with it :/ We'll prob hear from them in the next day or two, coz I haven't gotten anything at all from the college about my course or whatever (other than the HEAR letter), so surely they'll have to make contact soon!

Oh ya I got a letter alright, and I emailed them and they just said thank you for accepting, I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about the actual orientation week, coz it's next week and no-one seems to know what the story is with it :/ We'll prob hear from them in the next day or two, coz I haven't gotten anything at all from the college about my course or whatever (other than the HEAR letter), so surely they'll have to make contact soon!

Oh yeah sorry, they're sending out an orientation pack this week as far as I know. :)

Got my info pack in the post this morn for UCC orientation! Can't shake the feeling we're going to summer camp for the week :p

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the story is with accommodation for TCD orientation? Do we stay in Halls or on college campus itself and do we get single rooms or shared and is it mixed or what? :confused: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Got my info pack in the post this morn for UCC orientation! Can't shake the feeling we're going to summer camp for the week :p

Oh I know, it'll be a laugh anyways I'd say :) Do any of ye know people heading up? I don't and I'm slightly nervous about it :o

Oh I know, it'll be a laugh anyways I'd say :) Do any of ye know people heading up? I don't and I'm slightly nervous about it :o

Nope! Don't think so anyway, I haven't heard of anyone I know going to it! :O I'm pretty nervous too, and I'm kinda annoyed at the timing of it, coz my best friend is moving away to Edinburgh on the 8th so I'll be gone for her entire last week :(

I'm sure we wont be long getting to know people anyway, especially when we'll be with the same people 24/7! Anyone know how many people are actually gonna be there? :)

Nope! Don't think so anyway, I haven't heard of anyone I know going to it! :O I'm pretty nervous too, and I'm kinda annoyed at the timing of it, coz my best friend is moving away to Edinburgh on the 8th so I'll be gone for her entire last week :(

I'm sure we wont be long getting to know people anyway, especially when we'll be with the same people 24/7! Anyone know how many people are actually gonna be there? :)

Yeah, I haven't like been telling the world I'm going to this so you never know. Ah that's a shame but sure she'd probably be back around Halloween would she?
    I've no idea how many people are going to be there actually!

Yeah, I haven't like been telling the world I'm going to this so you never know. Ah that's a shame but sure she'd probably be back around Halloween would she?
    I've no idea how many people are going to be there actually!

Ya I'm the same, like only my close friends know really! No her first break isn't till Christmas :( hopefully she'll be able to come back some random weekends once she's settled though :)

Ya I was only thinking it this morn, like I've always imagined it to be a huge group thing, but that's not really based on anything :L I know there was someone who was a co-ordinator or something in one of the other colleges, if you're still here do you know how many would be at these orientation things?

Ya I'm the same, like only my close friends know really! No her first break isn't till Christmas :( hopefully she'll be able to come back some random weekends once she's settled though :)

Ya I was only thinking it this morn, like I've always imagined it to be a huge group thing, but that's not really based on anything :L I know there was someone who was a co-ordinator or something in one of the other colleges, if you're still here do you know how many would be at these orientation things?

Sure it gives you an excuse to go over and visit! :)

Found this on the NUIG Galway site but
    How many places are there for HEAR students each year?

Each of the participating colleges set aside a quota of places for HEAR students each year. In 2008, 719 students accepted places in the participating colleges through HEAR. For further information on the number of places available in particular institutions or courses, contact the Access Service in the college of your choice.

In NUI Galway, 15% of places are reserved for non-traditional students. Non traditional students include socio-economically disadvantaged students, mature students and students with a disability. So on average; HEAR students compete for 5% of reserved places in NUI Galway. In 2009, approx 86 students accepted places in NUI Galway through HEAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Simon8226

St Pats Orientation anyone ? :)

NUIG was actaually class...except for kevin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Anyone hear much about the DCU orientation, I mean I got a letter a week ago with some letters to fill in and send back, a map of DCU and what we need etc.. but it doesn't say whether we have to stay or not... I mean is it free for the week to stay? I think I better give them a call in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Nitsuj

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    Anyone hear much about the DCU orientation, I mean I got a letter a week ago with some letters to fill in and send back, a map of DCU and what we need etc.. but it doesn't say whether we have to stay or not... I mean is it free for the week to stay? I think I better give them a call in the morning.
    I'm pretty sure it is free to stay, and unless you're from Dublin, you probably would be staying, because it's a 4 day thing.

Hey guys,
    what should i bring with me for trinity orientation? :) im from Kilkenny but gonna be staying in Trinity till Thursday :)

• Advertisement

Did you not get a letter with a list?

Anyway, I'd say a change of clothes, sports wear (runners. track suit/whatever) and then toothbrush/paste. Not sure about food, because you could probably just go to a shop there.

Nitsuj wrote: »
    Did you not get a letter with a list?

Anyway, I'd say a change of clothes, sports wear (runners. track suit/whatever) and then toothbrush/paste. Not sure about food, because you could probably just go to a shop there.

I did yeah but just wondering will i need to bring bed clothes or towels or stuff like that? :)

Well, in DCU, towels and bed sheets were provided

anyone know what you have to do to get money back on things you bought such as laptops,books etc? i went to the student services and was told to download some form? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

anyone know what you have to do to get money back on things you bought such as laptops,books etc? i went to the student services and was told to download some form? :/

What college are you in?

Not sure of its specific to each college but you're looking for the Access students assistance fund. (SAF)

yeah im in nuig :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

See for the final acceptance course form it asks whether you are getting any financial assistance, do I put in HEAR or not?also does anyone know when we will be getting our cheques in NUIG?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chomps_x

Anyone know what amount we have to have receipts for to get our cheque? I'm in nuim btw

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

chomps_x wrote: »
    Anyone know what amount we have to have receipts for to get our cheque? I'm in nuim btw

I think it should be at least 800e but they were saying to collect as much as you can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 nicole_ryanxo

hey guys! got my results today and i needed a B3 in maths for my course but i got a C2. As I'm legible for the hear scheme will there be a chance that i will still be accepted or is that out the window?

Advertisement