Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HEAR Scheme

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

dubdub123 wrote: »
    will all HEAR students get to go to the orientation in DCU? Someone rang my daughter today and sounded as if she may not attend, but she wants to go to get to know some people before moving to Dublin. Is there space for everyone or will they select who they want? To be honest it's the main part of HEAR that she was excited about as she got into the course on her own points.. Anyone ?

My aunt told me that she rang them today, and they said everyone had to attend the orientation, which makes sense .. so if she's a HEAR student, then she has to attend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

dubdub123 wrote: »
    will all HEAR students get to go to the orientation in DCU? Someone rang my daughter today and sounded as if she may not attend, but she wants to go to get to know some people before moving to Dublin. Is there space for everyone or will they select who they want? To be honest it's the main part of HEAR that she was excited about as she got into the course on her own points.. Anyone ?

Tell her to let them know that she wants to go. Usually people don't want to go so if not everyone can go she might be selected

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭dubdub123

Grand, that's what I thought but from the phonecall the woman sortof said that there may be no need for her to attend. Maybe some people don't really want to, but she really wants to go. Thanks : )

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭kayleigh01

How do I go about deferring my HEAR place?

kayleigh01 wrote: »
    How do I go about deferring my HEAR place?

I'm not sure if you can but call or go into the access office of the relevant college. If you can't contact them then contact the admissions office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭youcantstopme

Who else is doing the nuig orientation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Harblarblar

Who else is doing the nuig orientation :)
    Me:) have you heard anything from hear about it yet?

Yeah check your emails :) and theor sending out an info pack in the post :) look forward to seeing ya there!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I'll be at the NUIG one too. :D

Look forward to seeing you aswell then hahha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cairdre

Hi folks

Some of you are posting as facts here information that you cannot possibly know the answer too. Not all HEAR orientation programmes are compulsory attendance can be based on whether you got your course on merit or needed reduced points. It is also based on the capacity of the various colleges to offer accommodation to access students needing to stay over for Access Orientation.

While you are all eager to know exactly what is happening maybe the Access Services don't get there lists of students until this afternoon from the CAO. Remember it is all highly confidential and the student getting the offer must know before their name is released to the relevent depts. Just a thought, give the poor staff time?

DubDub I really think your daughter needs to make contact with DCU access to clarify herself what their requirements are.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

I'm going to the NUIG one.

Does anyone know what we will be doing there and what things we should pack? Will there be many people doing it? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Raeone wrote: »
    I'm going to the NUIG one.

Does anyone know what we will be doing there and what things we should pack? Will there be many people doing it? :p
    I'm going to the NUIG one as well so nervous I've no idea what were going to be doing like I assume tours and stuff right :/

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

I just got a letter from hear and i can bring 2 people with me to the ortientation. My parents want to come with me but i don't want to be like to only person that brought parents there so do you think that there be more people with their parents ? :D

angela1711 wrote: »
    I just got a letter from hear and i can bring 2 people with me to the ortientation. My parents want to come with me but i don't want to be like to only person that brought parents there so do you think that there be more people with their parents ? :D

Most people would bring their parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Jenny101

Anyone going to the maynooth hear orientation?

Jenny101 wrote: »
    Anyone going to the maynooth hear orientation?

Me :D

DylanII wrote: »
    Most people would bring their parents.

thx :)

I too will be at Launchpad . . . as a volunteer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Is bringing the guests the standard for every place? My parents will probably come just to check out the place and accommodation while they drop me off but tbh I'd rather bring two friends or something :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

My mum doesn't want to go so will it be odd that she isn't there or does it really matter?

The Majority of people do bring their parents. However, some people do bring their friends and no it won't be odd at all. They might be a little uncomfortable during the 'Parents Talk' but that would be it. This is speaking about Maynooth anyway.

For anyone at maynooth there is a facebook page where there is lots of people waiting to answer any questions you might have about HEAR.

https://www.facebook.com/MAP.Launchpad.2012

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Melissa_Sarah

Does hear help us sort out accommodation for the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Does hear help us sort out accommodation for the year?

No, I'm almost certain you have to do that yourself.

Also, would it be weird if I didn't bring anyone to the HEAR orientation?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭emmamurphy233

Hi, I was talking to a friend who went to UL last year. In UL, people in HEAR get priority place on the waiting list for on-campus accommodation. Does anybody know if they also do this in UCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Reckon there would be a fair few people who bring no one? I'm heading up to the NUIG orientation programme alone.

Can you bring your laptop to nuim to watch a movie or something in the evening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

If I decide to take my PLC course over my level 7 / 8 will I still receive any of the benefits of HEAR ?

• Advertisement

angela1711 wrote: »
    Can you bring your laptop to nuim to watch a movie or something in the evening ?

You could, but there is no wireless now. You will have to bring a cable. You won't have time for it anyway.

Advertisement