Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer - Revenue Commissioners

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭pemtca

mozattack wrote: »
    I have added another 10 years service – see below:

“€40056.45 (3.3333 times state pension) x 1/200 x 40 = €€8012.47, plus
    €9943.55 (€50,000-€40056.45) x 1/80 x 40 = €4971, totalling €12,983, this is in addition to the State Contributory Pension, currently €12017 per annum.”

Are we saying then that someone works with Revenue for 40 years they will only get a pension of €25,000 per annum (€12,986 + €12,017)?

Madness; I know of people getting teachers pensions of €40,000 +!!!
    This is correct - total amounts to half final salary with 40 years service

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dollymix92

Hi All

I have also been called for an interview for the AO competition. Does anyone who was successfully in past competitions have any tips for interview prep? What areas do the interview panel generally focus their attention etc?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

dollymix92 wrote: »
    Hi All

I have also been called for an interview for the AO competition. Does anyone who was successfully in past competitions have any tips for interview prep? What areas do the interview panel generally focus their attention etc?

Thanks.

Dolly, would you have a copy of the spec which was on their site but is now gone. Please pm me.

92, so you are 23 and maybe post grad?

Hi, will a presentation be required at the A0 interview?

Also, is it possible to move up more than one band per annum in pay scales?

Dolly, would you have a copy of the spec which was on their site but is now gone. Please pm me.

92, so you are 23 and maybe post grad?

Unfortunately the 92 doesn't refer to my dob ... I wish it did!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Wow... didn't know this.

Yep, it's more of a gold veneer than gold plating... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭delricyo

Job spec as requested

Hi, will a presentation be required at the A0 interview?

Also, is it possible to move up more than one band per annum in pay scales?

Not sure if they will ask for a presentation for these. They havent included one in the past couple of years for the same role. But it can be requested by them..

Very unlikely, you can move more than one scale per year. Never heard of it happening

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Boomtownrat81

Please does anyone have the info booklet for the roles? Pm would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Boomtownrat81

Please does anyone have the info booklet for the roles? Pm would be greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement

Look about 3 posts ago!! ^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Re the salary , It wasn't a revenue job , + was a few years ago.

delricyo wrote: »
    Job spec as requested

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Does anyone know if interview times can rescheduled if the attendee is not available, e.g away or something along those lines; especially given that the interview is during the summer months?

Assistance appreciated

Thanks for that, much appreciated.

Does anyone know if interview times can rescheduled if the attendee is not available, e.g away or something along those lines; especially given that the interview is during the summer months?

Assistance appreciated

I know that last year the interviews were over a number of weeks. Remember that not all of the board are available over the summer too. I suppose they need holidays too :pac:

I think the interviews were over about 3/4 weeks. There was also a day or two in the final week. This is for the people who couldnt sit their initial date due to illness or holidays. Also, there are usually 2 boards for a big competition like this. It is possible that the 2 boards will not be sitting at exactly the same time. Switching boards might allow you to schedule a suitable time.

No point contacting them at the moment, id say. Wait until you get your official date & then contact them if it doesnt suit.

Delricyo, many thanks for the information again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 k1lladeer

Any word on assistant principal panel and when they could start calling from it when it is formed.

k1lladeer wrote: »
    Any word on assistant principal panel and when they could start calling from it when it is formed.

The period between Easter and August is retirement season - so there'll probably be a flurry of appointments quite quickly, to fill vacancies that have arisen / are arising, and then it'll slow to a trickle after that until the next glut of retirements in spring/summer next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Summer1234

Hi all, did you get your interview dates for the AO position yet? I have mine next week but I am currently working abroad, not returning until the following week, so I don't know if I can make it:( I am praying they will allow me to do a Skype/phone interview and I could meet face to face the following week. Does anyone know how many positions they are looking to fill or is it just the one? Thanks

Summer1234 wrote: »
    Hi all, did you get your interview dates for the AO position yet? I have mine next week but I am currently working abroad, not returning until the following week, so I don't know if I can make it:( I am praying they will allow me to do a Skype/phone interview and I could meet face to face the following week. Does anyone know how many positions they are looking to fill or is it just the one? Thanks

I've never heard of them doing phone interviews but if you ring and explain your situation I'd expect they can accommodate you in the 2nd week...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I know somebody who did a skype interview from the other side of the world and was selected so I do not think it is unheard of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Get off my soapbox

noodler wrote: »
    I know somebody who did a skype interview from the other side of the world and was selected so I do not think it is unheard of.

Was this a civil service interview ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was this a civil service interview ?

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Summer1234

I spoke with them this morning and they have changed their policy on Skype interviews so I won't make it. You would think the government of all people should realize people emigrate to better themselves and in this day and age they should not rule out Skype, grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SUMMER101

Hi,

I have AO interview tomorrow. Any tips or advice please, other than competencies? Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

SUMMER101 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have AO interview tomorrow. Any tips or advice please, other than competencies? Many thanks.

I did the ICT interview a while back. The one thing I'm thinking (but can't say for sure) is that I didn't try enough to go out of my way to show I had each of the competencies.

So, my tip would be to really give it 100%. Once you have the opportunity, really give all the information for your competencies that you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SUMMER101

Thanks Slydice for advice - I have spent some time going over competencies - as with all interviews, challenge will be for me to remember examples and articulate them under pressure!!

Are interviews technical i.e. do interview panel focus in detail on your actual accounting/audit experience?

SUMMER101 wrote: »
    Thanks Slydice for advice - I have spent some time going over competencies - as with all interviews, challenge will be for me to remember examples and articulate them under pressure!!

Are interviews technical i.e. do interview panel focus in detail on your actual accounting/audit experience?

You don't seem to be getting this fully - It is ALL about the competences!! (And to an extent about why you want the job, if like a lot of the candidates your arguably overqualified)

Hi everyone

Hope interviews are going well. Does anyone know at what stage they contact your employer for references?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

dollymix92 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

Hope interviews are going well. Does anyone know at what stage they contact your employer for references?

Thanks.

I don't know if they ring people or not ..

For my competitions - 6 years ago -
    I just handed in basic written references - x worked here from y to z.

• Advertisement

InReality wrote: »
    I don't know if they ring people or not ..

For my competitions - 6 years ago -
    I just handed in basic written references - x worked here from y to z.

Same here (4years ago) - you forward on written references.

Advertisement