Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: War Of The Damned [Starz - US] **Spoilers!**

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭platinums

jones wrote: »
    The end credit were brilliant i noticed at the start of them someone one the FX team died but i was surprised not to see Andy's name there aswell.

I thought that too, no mention of Andy, but wasn't Series 2 dedicated to him?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Once again the gods spread the cheeks to ram cock in f*cking ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

(Liam McIntyre, who took over the role of Spartacus after the original actor, Andy Whitfield, passed away of Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, told me today on the phone that he felt as if “I was finishing a journey for two people, Andy and I.” McIntyre, through his performance, honored the man he replaced and the myth he was playing. And it was touching to see Whitfield in the end credits declaring “I am Spartacus!”)

Just read that there on a site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Interesting interview with DeKnight:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/spartacus-creator-steven-deknight-on-the-shows-tum,96446/

Dammit why does this show have to be over!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

The final 8 minutes of music which is so emotional. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ie5cMUCKTw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Just finished watching the final episode. Really sad to see this end. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Violence,Beauty and Sadness all in one scene.Liam McIntrye did an amazing job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

The music for final episode was just amazing.

The whole final episode was probably one of the best finales I ve ever watched, truely mind blowing and moving at the same time.

Argh - can't watch that again yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Argh - can't watch that again yet:(

I've watched the episode through twice now to gauge whether it maintains its potency second time round. I can confirm it most certainly does, infact second go around you pick up on even more moments/musical queues to kick up dust in your eye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Violence,Beauty and Sadness all in one scene.Liam McIntrye did an amazing job.

I have to agree....I thought Liam took up the role well. He didn't have the charisma of Andy, but he did the role justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Its the only episode of the season i havent watched more than once because of how depressing it was :eek:

TV3 are airing war of the damned tomorrow at 11.10 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

It seems like Sky1 are now showing Blood and Sand on Monday nights in the usual Spartacus slot. Presume they will show all the 3.5 seasons in a row.

DL Saint wrote: »
    It seems like Sky1 are now showing Blood and Sand on Monday nights in the usual Spartacus slot. Presume they will show all the 3.5 seasons in a row.

I just saw that myself. Was interesting to watch again.

Although it raised a dilemma for me - when one gets the full box set - ought one watch Blood and Sand first, or Gods of the Arena first ?

I just saw that myself. Was interesting to watch again.

Although it raised a dilemma for me - when one gets the full box set - ought one watch Blood and Sand first, or Gods of the Arena first ?

Blood & Sand......Gods fills in the blanks + backstory for B&S.

I see there is a complete box set on Blu-Ray, 14 discs....is that out in Ireland yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Amazon are selling it, as are Play and TheHut , all have the 29th as a release date, so I assume it'll be available through normal channels here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

just managed to get the GF hooked on this.

Watched season 1, just starting on the prequel now.

Love John Hannah in this

Watching the finale clips on youtube thousands of times now and I still get emotional.... anyone out there the same? Never got this worked up on a finale before...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Watching the finale clips on youtube thousands of times now and I still get emotional.... anyone out there the same? Never got this worked up on a finale before...

Well it's kind of obvious really. I mean, your name isn't lost815 or sopranos815 now is it. :P

Got my Spartacus War of the Damned DVD in the post this morning :D

Wow! what a series! finished it last night, poor gf was in tears when all the slaves were killed, Crixus being a particular blow.

Would love if a spin off occurs, Crassus was a great character

Watching again, god I hate Naevia!

Advertisement