Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: War Of The Damned [Starz - US] **Spoilers!**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Deknight wasn't lying....a killer final season worthy of the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

titan18 wrote: »
    That was fantastic. Whole episode revolving around Gannicus just made it so much better

Gannicus can carry his own spin off show no problem, I was full sure he was gonner in this episode

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

dave1982 wrote: »
    Gannicus can carry his own spin off show no problem, I was full sure he was gonner in this episode

Just wait until you see episode 6 spoils of war
    Gannicus best episode without question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Ha. Get out of this one, Spartacus. It looks like the writers are setting us up to expect something like the escape from Vesuvius, but they're hardly going to repeat themselves. Maybe the rebels are going to make hang-gliders out of their cloaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cadea

Wow it just gets better episode after episode, i'm actually bummed out it's gonna be over soon, such an improvement over vengeance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

Is this going to be shown on Tv 3 ?
    I missed a few episodes on Sky

ITS ON!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Good episode but the scene where Gannicus fought the pirates was really badly done, and the Pirates of the Caribbean type score to his swash buckling escape was a bit out of sync with the rest of the show.

Good episode but the scene where Gannicus fought the pirates was really badly done, and the Pirates of the Caribbean type score to his swash buckling escape was a bit out of sync with the rest of the show.

I was thinking Zorro for Gannicus when he was on the horse and Indiana Jones when Spartucus slid under the door before it shut...minus the last second hat grab:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I thought that whole thing with Roman-lady being given to the pirate to Gannacus killing them was brilliantly done tbh, great scenes, he's one of the best characters in it.

Nobody mentioned Roman ladys epic body yet btw? :D

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    I thought that whole thing with Roman-lady being given to the pirate to Gannacus killing them was brilliantly done tbh, great scenes, he's one of the best characters in it.

Too hairy for my lickin

Meant liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Thargor wrote: »

The story was good but the whole "I'll kill your woman" "She aint my woman" "Gotcha" "Gannicus help!" "No, dont hurt her" "So she is your woman" * predictably stabbed from behind by his new slave* scene was just really really poor and cheesy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What's up with the music this week?

Very whimsical, I thought I was watching a Disney film

• Registered Users Posts: 28,801 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Really good episode. Think Crassus is a great bad guy.

What is it with former Power Rangers getting naked? Laeta was a Jungle Fury ranger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

My guess would be Crixus and his group go on a suicide mission against the Romans leading Spartacus to breach the defences's the Romans have constructed while the Roman army focuses on Crixus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Temaz wrote: »
    My guess would be Crixus and his group go on a suicide mission against the Romans leading Spartacus to breach the defences's the Romans have constructed while the Roman army focuses on Crixus.

Very close!

buh a very filler episode compared to last few :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I thought the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

They nearly got Naevia though. That would have made it the star of this series

Have to admit, I gave a wee cheer when Crassus and co were surprised by Spartacus and co at the end. :D

• Advertisement

Episode 7 very good
    Took while t get exciting but paid off
    Not looking forward to this ending

Did Crassus's woman ever meet the Roman woman that's now with Spartacus? Wondering if the Roman will notice her and point her out.

Also, any other Josh Ritter fans here who thought Caesar looks like Josh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

WOW

episode 8!!

major spoiler within! DO NOT READ!
    I reckon the "message"to spartacus is they let Naevia go with the head of Crixus
    Really gonna miss him... he was a legend :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The
    Caesar rape scene
    was a tad unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

It was great felt like a filler though, i think this has been my favorite season so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kinda crap that Crixus didn't fall in proper battle, getting stabbed from behind by that stupid boy was annoying. Really hope he dies by the end of it, hopefully one of Caesar, Kore, Spartacus or Gannicus killing him.

I'm assuming Naevia bring Crixus' head is the message going to be sent, which is annoying as that means she's living for a while more

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I was just waiting for Naevia to have her throat slit and was really looking forward to it!

Ye was very annoyed Crixus died at that little clown's hand, I knew he would die but he deserved to be taken down by Crassus or even Caeser.

The rape scene was a bit ridiculous as well to be honest, I really do hope Tiberus is killed by the end of it.

Great episode though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

:eek:

What an episode. Didn't think it would end like that for the....er...Sometimes Defeated Gaul :P

And I think you guys are missing the point. We are meant to hate Tiberius, and they are doing a great job of leading us there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Kirby wrote: »
    :eek:

What an episode. Didn't think it would end like that for the....er...Sometimes Defeated Gaul :P

And I think you guys are missing the point. We are meant to hate Tiberius, and they are doing a great job of leading us there.

Well ye I think everyone gets that we are supposed to hate him but it still is lame that the mighty Crixus we have known for several seasons fell to this little muppet. The character deserved better.

• Advertisement

Is Agron dead? I'm not convinced.

Crixus went too easy imo.

****e only 2 episodes left :(

Advertisement