Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: War Of The Damned [Starz - US] **Spoilers!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Na he's not dead. He was wounded and passed out. It's likely a plot convenience to get him back to Spartacus. He lays there with the dead bodies and so the soldiers forget about him, he wakes up and makes his wounded ass back to spartacus for the finale. :P

And Crixus went out in battle. It was a good end for the character. The battle was lost at that point, it didn't matter who actually struck the blow....it was Crassus and his army that defeated him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Looks like Agron is gonna get nailed to a cross!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

For fcuk sake
    Do none of you know the meaning of spoilers
    Pointless watchin this episode now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

For fcuk sake

Thread title-**spoilers**, also says Starz-US, and you enter the thread after the episode has aired and start moaning about being spoilers? cop on. You're own fault. Spoiler tags are not used once the episode has aired. Same on every thread in this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Explain why some have the decency to use spoilers then!!!!
    Not everyone wants to read what happens and so far its been grand but then crixus dies and everyone wants to blurt it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Not everyone wants to read what happens and so far its been grand but then crixus dies and everyone wants to blurt it out!

I used to do spoiler tag then people were complaining I was using the spoiler tag in a spoilers thread.

To be fair wandering in here and you're not up to date on whats been aired in the US its asking for trouble.

Spoilers are used for whats been leaked about the next episode like Agron on the cross would be a spoiler, I'd prefer to have not known that but I came in here tough tittie for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

For fcuk sake

One of my friends is a lifeguard. He's always shouting "no swimming in the pool!" at the kids. You'd like him.

derfderf wrote: »
    One of my friends is a lifeguard. He's always shouting "no swimming in the pool!" at the kids. You'd like him.

Thanks i just splattered my tea on my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

They should be used for future episode spoilers. This is a discussion thread about the show to discuss what has happened in the latest aired episodes. It has always been that we don't want pages of spoiler tags that make a thread a pain to read so the thread title tells you all you need to know. Crixus died in the latest aired episode of this US-Starz thread that says spoilers in the title, so that will be discussed without spoiler tags. These are the rules in every thread in the tv forum, don't come in reading the thread if you havn't seen it yet ffs!

As for people mentioning promos for the next episode, that should be spoiler tagged because people might not want to watch promos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Had serious dust in my eye throughout that episode , that that was possible even with the cast changes is a credit to the actors and writers involved . I can only imagine what I'd have been like with the scene between Spartacus and Crixus where Crixus said something along the lines of "When we were still of the House of Batiatus I once spoke of how we may have been brothers in another life but not in this one , I was wrong , and hold you as such " had Andy still been in the Role but I imagine I'd have been in full on Dawson Leery mode.

His speech in Spartacus's tent earlier in the episode was as eloquent and rousing as has been delivered in the show , he had become a bit of a broken record in recent weeks with his demand to take the fight to Rome , but that speech had me convinced.

Loved this Exchange
    Spartacus (to Crixus thinking he is doling out secret wisdoms imparted only to him) : Batiatus once warned me that a man must accept his fate .....

Crixus (to Spartacus) : .... or be destroyed by it (puts palm of hand on spartacus's shoulder and smiles) that ****ing **** said that to everyone.

• Advertisement

Jaysus that would have been a excellent scene if Andy was still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Did Tiberius actually rape Cesar in reality or is it just a writers imagination?

There is no proof Caesar played any part in the third servile war let alone that he got butt burgled during it .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Caesar served as Tribune to Crassus around the time of this war whether the alliance that exists in the show was real or not is debatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

Caesar served as Tribune to Crassus around the time of this war whether the alliance that exists in the show was real or not is debatable.

I like the way it was possible though. They've dramatised the story without butchering it I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

For fcuk sake

A guy walks in to a spoiler tagged thread and...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

"You opened my eyes to this Spartacus, do not now ask me to close them."

What a scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Naevia really ruined the crixus death scene. Each time it cut to her she was crying and screaming, yet when the camera went back to a wider view she was kneeling down emotionless.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Pretty poor considering what actually happened. First half was the usual slow as fcuk talking etc, bit of a scrap, announce the split, have a party and get laid and then bam bam bam Crixus is at the gates of Rome. Once again they allowed the waste of screen time that is Naevia to ruin everything involving Crixus too including his death ffs. Lil Crassus taking down Agron and Crixus too while Julius Caesar and Marcus (I was trained by a Gladiator) Crassus didnt do much of anything.

All in all imo they are butchering the end of this show, which is a real pity.

Naevia really ruined the crixus death scene. Each time it cut to her she was crying and screaming, yet when the camera went back to a wider view she was kneeling down emotionless.

Jesus H Christ she as in the actress is like a fcuking rescue dog that has been abused, yelping and whimpering one minute and cutting or stabbing someone the next,very good method acting seeing as the character was raped and tortured but dreadful to watch this season, she has ruined many a great scene.

• Advertisement

Pretty poor considering what actually happened. First half was the usual slow as fcuk talking etc, bit of a scrap, announce the split, have a party and get laid and then bam bam bam Crixus is at the gates of Rome. Once again they allowed the waste of screen time that is Naevia to ruin everything involving Crixus too including his death ffs. Lil Crassus taking down Agron and Crixus too while Julius Caesar and Marcus (I was trained by a Gladiator) Crassus didnt do much of anything.

All in all imo they are butchering the end of this show, which is a real pity.

Jesus wept there really is no pleasing some , there were 3 f**king battles in this ep mate .... 3 . If it wasn't for the boring talky bits it just becomes a scrolling beat/slash em up because we wouldn't care for the characters. Are you honestly trying to tell me you got nothing from the scenes with Agron/Spartacus Crixus/Spartacus Gannicus/Crixus , if you didn't well then you must be an empty shell of a man or else are jumping into this show late and so don't feel the weight of the history between these men.

Honestly sometimes people come out with opinions so wildly divergent from your (and I'd imagine the majority of fans of this show) own it feels like you are being trolled , this is one of those cases.

Jesus H Christ she as in the actress is like a fcuking rescue dog that has been abused, yelping and whimpering one minute and cutting or stabbing someone the next,very good method acting seeing as the character was raped and tortured but dreadful to watch this season, she has ruined many a great scene.

lol that character/actress can't catch a break, she's a sobbing mess last season and people are having a go even they she had good reason to be miserable , this season they have her kicking ass and people are still at it .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

titan18 wrote: »
    Kinda crap that Crixus didn't fall in proper battle, getting stabbed from behind by that stupid boy was annoying. Really hope he dies by the end of it, hopefully one of Caesar, Kore, Spartacus or Gannicus killing him.

Can we have all 4 put aside their differences just to kill him together? :)

There were a couple of things that took me out of the episode. First was the whole thing of measuring in days. Crassus talks of being 3 days behind Spartacus and to keep moving yet then all go back to camp. Then even though Spartacus is at least 3 days away, Crassus somehow gets word that he and Crixus have split up.

Then that battle with the last legion defending Rome. Looks like Crixus' army is standing on the side of a canyon but then we see they're just on top of a small hill which the Roman army just waits for them at the bottom of. Then Crixus' army just rolls those balls down which barely even tap the Romans.

Other than those things, thought it was an excellent episode

Jesus wept there really is no pleasing some , there were 3 f**king battles in this ep mate .... 3 . If it wasn't for the boring talky bits it just becomes a scrolling beat/slash em up because we wouldn't care for the characters. Are you honestly trying to tell me you got nothing from the scenes with Agron/Spartacus Crixus/Spartacus Gannicus/Crixus , if you didn't well then you must be an empty shell of a man or else are jumping into this show late and so don't feel the weight of the history between these men.

Honestly sometimes people come out with opinions so wildly divergent from your (and I'd imagine the majority of fans of this show) own it feels like you are being trolled , this is one of those cases.

lol that character/actress can't catch a break, she's a sobbing mess last season and people are having a go even they she had good reason to be miserable , this season they have her kicking ass and people are still at it .

It's called overkill, as I said she seems to be a method actress, some can pull this off prime example being Daniel Day Lewis but even he goes overboard sometimes, in this case it is too much, I dread to think of the scenes if she is the one to deliver the gift from Crassus to Spartacus.

It's called overkill, as I said she seems to be a method actress, some can pull this off prime example being Daniel Day Lewis but even he goes overboard sometimes, in this case it is too much, I dread to think of the scenes if she is the one to deliver the gift from Crassus to Spartacus.

I feel the hatred for her is equally OTT and irrational , its like people were pissed of the character was recast and are just looking for issues. She was miserable last season because that is how she was written , this season she has been angry, again because that is how she was written. To my mind she has portrayed both those states perfectly competently so if people have issue with how miserable or angry she has been they should target the writers not the character/actress imo.

What the fcuk are you the opinion police ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Phoenix wrote: »
    Did Tiberius actually rape Cesar in reality or is it just a writers imagination?

Crassus never had a son called Tiberius, so there's at least a no there.

Not much on Caesar having a role in the Third Servile War, but him and Crassus were very close allies in later years, and Caesar was more than likely in Rome at the time, so he was probably involved with Crassus at this point, but doubtful the rape thing happened, at least a Tiberius Crassus never raped Caesar anyway

What the fcuk are you the opinion police ?

Nope I just took issue(perhaps a little over enthusiastically) with your assertion that the talky bits were boring and being that this is a forum I thought I'd air them . I mean c'mon If we were all to just state our opinions on the episode and leave it at that , and not pick apart opposing opinions(not their right to have one, but the validity of it) then we may as well be posting in a blog and not on this forum.

Nope I just took issue(perhaps a little over enthusiastically) with your assertion that the talky bits were boring and being that this is a forum I thought I'd air them . I mean c'mon If we were all to just state our opinions on the episode and leave it at that , and not pick apart opposing opinions(not their right to have one, but the validity of it) then we may as well be posting in a blog and not on this forum.

I never said anything was boring. So there's mistake number one. Second mistake was not criticising what I said but the fact I was saying it and having a go at me. "No pleasing some people", saying I must be late to the show, calling me an empty shell of a man and saying I must be trolling etc etc. This is a discussion forum and this thread is for discussing this particular show. You wernt discussing anything just having a go at me.

So unless your gonna arrest me Mr opinion policeman then I think I'm free to go.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can we have all 4 put aside their differences just to kill him together? :)

There were a couple of things that took me out of the episode. First was the whole thing of measuring in days. Crassus talks of being 3 days behind Spartacus and to keep moving yet then all go back to camp. Then even though Spartacus is at least 3 days away, Crassus somehow gets word that he and Crixus have split up.

I thought the same wtf how did that happen, but do they not set up camps as they march?

Its has been very spot on no big mistakes so far so that could be 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was not expecting that to happen to poor Caesar, God I love this show :P

I love the way they talk to each other aswell, it was laughable cheesy bullsh1t in the beginning with all the references to Jupiters Cock but now its so well written, pity this is probably the end of Spartacus now...

Advertisement