Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spartacus: War Of The Damned [Starz - US] **Spoilers!**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

CastorTroy wrote: »

There were a couple of things that took me out of the episode. First was the whole thing of measuring in days. Crassus talks of being 3 days behind Spartacus and to keep moving yet then all go back to camp. Then even though Spartacus is at least 3 days away, Crassus somehow gets word that he and Crixus have split up.
    That's not too unrealistic. Crassus would have scouts following Spartacus keeping tabs on him. Scouting parties could move a lot faster than the main army. However Crassus did seem to catch Crixus very quickly.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

However Crassus did seem to catch Crixus very quickly.
    Well remember, there was a quick montage of Crixus' army in several battles before reaching Rome. So probably a couple of weeks had passed in this time giving time for Crassus to catch-up to Crixus in the nick of time.

Super episode btw.

I didn't think I could hate Tiberius anymore than I have done but well....the Caesar thing and then taking down poor Crixus with his back turned :mad: Dayum.

Regarding the final episodes...
    I understand that Spartacus' fate could go either way, considering there are no concrete historical facts about his ultimate fate? My thinking is that as far as the show is concerned, the writers will have Spartacus sacrifice himself to save his retreating army. And Gannicus, as foreshadowed by Spartacus numerous times, will take responsibility and lead the remaining slaves (and possibly a pregnant Laeta?) over the Alps to freedom.

And naturally, Crassus to torture/kill Tiberius once all comes to light there.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My money would be on Caesar not Crassus taking down Tiberius, its fairly inevitable now after that, or maybe escaped slave girl with an outside chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I never said anything was boring. So there's mistake number one. Second mistake was not criticising what I said but the fact I was saying it and having a go at me. "No pleasing some people", saying I must be late to the show, calling me an empty shell of a man and saying I must be trolling etc etc. This is a discussion forum and this thread is for discussing this particular show. You wernt discussing anything just having a go at me.

So unless your gonna arrest me Mr opinion policeman then I think I'm free to go.

You said and I quote "First half was the usual slow as fcuk talking etc" if that's not saying you thought it was boring I don't know what is , so I asked, perhaps in too exasperated a fashion, how you could have found those scenes to be so lacking . So to say I attacked only you and not your opinion is wrong, in my exasperation I did both, and while I apologize for the former I stand by the latter and would love to hear you elaborate on, the as you term them "Slow as fcuk talking" bits and what you got or didn't get out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

You said and I quote "First half was the usual slow as fcuk talking etc" if that's not saying you thought it was boring I don't know what is , so I asked, perhaps in too exasperated a fashion, how you could have found those scenes to be so lacking . So to say I attacked only you and not your opinion is wrong, in my exasperation I did both, and while I apologize for the former I stand by the latter and would love to hear you elaborate on, the as you term them "Slow as fcuk talking" bits and what you got or didn't get out of them.

I have zero interest in discussing anything with you at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

It's said that the real Spartacus
    crucified a roman solider in full view of Crassus

If it happens in the show could it be
    Tiberius
    ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Crassus - Reason you are not astride horse?

Spartacus308IMG14.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

^^^^ I cracked up laughing at that one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm liking Tiberaus as far as bad guys go in this, he is working his way to be most ruthless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Friday night, the war pauses but for a week as a Spartacus: War of the Damned marathon begins. A new episode of Spartacus airs Friday, Apr. 5.

NO!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's almost as if Starz want to get another months subscription out of people by having the last two episodes in April...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Sons of bitches, was looking forward to this weeks, and they do this

:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Jamie Murray, Gaia from an early series, is on Saturday Kitchen now, can't wait to see her drink the wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Clareman wrote: »
    Jamie Murray, Gaia from an early series, is on Saturday Kitchen now, can't wait to see her drink the wine

She wrecked my head in Gods of the Arena, and Dexter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I cant wait another week ! Jupiter's $%&$%& cock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fupping baxtards I was looking forward to coming home tonight and sticking this on :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Just saw episode 8. Definitely in my Top 5. Crixus was super. The speech in the tent was brilliant. His farewell was great too. Tiberius is an awful person, great character though! Not a fan of Naevia but I dont think she ruined his death, she just cried ffs. I cant stand her war cries though! Fierce annoying, those.
    Liam as usual getting a bit if a bashing here but I dont think he did anything wrong. In fact this whole season he's grown into the role pretty well.
    The only downside was Spartacus not actually going with Crixus! I mean, I know he wanted to protect the women and kids, but come on man, you're the Bringer Of Rain!!! I knew the attack on Rome was doomed to fail, but I still hoped for the best.

Two episodes left? Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No wonder poor aul Caeser didn't want to sit on the horse, hope he gets his revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Thought that was fantastic. Delighted Kore got her revenge on Tiberius, even if her fate isn't great with going back to Crassus. Loved the games tribute, was nice seeing Spartacus and Gannicus fighting as gladiators again. Think that's the first time Liam had to fight as one in that sort of setting too. Thought the ending was great, with calling out the names of the fallen, and then everyone calling out Crixus. Next week's episode is going to be great, but sad that this is ending.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another strong episode in a very strong season. A nice calm-before-the-storm moment with a fitting tribute to the games and Crixus. And who wasn't happy to see Tiberius die and fitting stabbed in the back.

As others suspected here, Agron lived although somewhat worse for wear.

Having said all that: Next week all the good guys probably die! So that'll be fun. I reckon Agron, no longer fit for battle, will live but aside from that I'm seeing a lot of crucifixions ahead.

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »
    Another strong episode in a very strong season. A nice calm-before-the-storm moment with a fitting tribute to the games and Crixus. And who wasn't happy to see Tiberius die and fitting stabbed in the back.

As others suspected here, Agron lived although somewhat worse for wear.

Having said all that: Next week all the good guys probably die! So that'll be fun. I reckon Agron, no longer fit for battle, will live but aside from that I'm seeing a lot of crucifixions ahead.

Hopefully someone (please not Naevia) lives, Gannicus or Agron might, which would be nice

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

titan18 wrote: »
    Hopefully someone (please not Naevia) lives, Gannicus or Agron might, which would be nice
    We could make predictions on them:

Naevia: Dies. I can see this one as she dies for the memory of Crixus.
    Gannicus: Dies. Without the arena to return to, he only has the glory of the sword.
    Agron: Lives because he can no longer fight and because he will be asked to live - the only happy love story in the show.
    Spartacus: Lives happily ever after :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I reckon Naevia is pregnant and lives at least long enough to give birth, because as we know from Arrow, (ARROW SPOILER):
    a descendant of Crixus' ends up in the Australian Secret Service in the present day, having inherited his ancestor's penchant for swordplay!
    :D

ixoy wrote: »
    We could make predictions on them:

Naevia: Dies. I can see this one as she dies for the memory of Crixus.
    Gannicus: Dies. Without the arena to return to, he only has the glory of the sword.
    Agron: Lives because he can no longer fight and because he will be asked to live - the only happy love story in the show.
    Spartacus: Lives happily ever after :p

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a non-conclusive finish to Spartacus himself. Kind of like the Agron one where a lot thought he was alive, I don't think we're going to get a Crixus type ending on Spartacus, I reckon it'll be something we're not sure of. It'd be nice anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Rovi wrote: »
    I reckon Naevia is pregnant and lives at least long enough to give birth, because as we know from Arrow, (ARROW SPOILER):
    a descendant of Crixus' ends up in the Australian Secret Service in the present day, having inherited his ancestor's penchant for swordplay!
    :D

LOL! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'd say everyone dies, but some female will be preggers with Sparty's baby and thus he lives on........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

" such was the fashioning of the handle I took it to belong to a girl or a sickly child "

tsssssss Sic burn

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Super episode. And a nice array of sword and hand-to-hand skills on show from Spartacus (Gannicus could still take him though!)

Prediction:

The slave army to again split into 2. One (the Gladiators + Germanics led by Spartacus) providing the other (non-fighters/old/sickly etc led by Gannicus) with time & opportunity to escape forever into the mountains to the north.

And the majority of the Gladiators caught between Pompeii and Crassus to die a gloriously epic death.

One of Spartacus or Gannicus to fall. Maybe both? (Nah, too depressing).

Naevia will die, obviously.

Saxa and Lugo too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

When they took to spartacus built Arena it would've been better if as a tribute to crixus either him or gannicus before fighting would've said 'SHALL WE BEGIN'
    I was actually expecting it
    Pity but good episode and good to see spartacus and gannicus at their best again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

titan18 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a non-conclusive finish to Spartacus himself. Kind of like the Agron one where a lot thought he was alive, I don't think we're going to get a Crixus type ending on Spartacus, I reckon it'll be something we're not sure of. It'd be nice anyway
    If it stays in any way true to what happened historically, they all meet a horrible, horrible death at the hands of the Romans.

I was never a fan of the over stylised way the show is done, but the more I watch it the more it grows on me and the last few episodes have been top notch. I still laugh every time Shparticus jumps off something in slow motion every time he enters a scene though.

Advertisement